• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kurt Cobain

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That sport thing really has nothing to do with being N/S. I'm a very unactive, lazy, sport-hating ISTJ. I have a ton of N friends who are athletes. As for eccentric; Se loves being strange, awkward for shock value. He shocked people; he was good at it, it came naturally to him. Also, lots of SPs like alternative stuff, find it cool for what it is, and not the theory behind it.

Yes, I know, that is actually what I am trying to say. But also, he very much had a message and idea behind his artwork I think, but I think it was often missed or wasn't really that easily picked up on quite often. He has been described as being "prophetic" at times, and there are enough instances where he had a purpose or a reason for his behavior. I don't think he always that often just tried to shock people, or for the sake of it. And even then, you get the idea that at least in a few of his songs, that his lyrics are really speaking from a higher vantage point.

Of course, many say that Cobain was simply writing about and expressing his sense of "alienation" (oh no what's that)
I remember in one live show he said something like "The Dinosaurs...will have their day..."

What do you think he meant by that? I'm pretty sure that was a metaphor. I mean, that's pretty much all he said. Dinosaurs=Fossil fuel? get it.

rmrf

I believe he was actually a ESTJ 6w5 8w7 3w4 sp/so. Discuss.

People... people...people... stop this nonsense! INFP 4w5 sx/sp and nothing else.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP, I think
Ne, Ti, Fe, Si
It is logical. Futhermore To an INTP Would be very difficult to sing in a stage with thousands persons.

I vote for INFP.

INFP can be pushed up by a group, plus can have music as a hobby, then be very talented....and...even if shy....go on stage and...fall into drugs that they believe with push them towards sucess and....here we go....

INFP 4wing5. Courtney love's testimony about him :

I also agree about the fact she could be an unhealthy ENTJ.
"Yes I'm a very stable person!"

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say ISFP with a gift for lyricism.

This song sort of makes me think he was an ISFP

I'm sorry, but he seems too detached and not 'earthy' enough to really be an isfp. He wasn't really nature-y or earthy at all, and I don't he cared at all about really being trendy or anything. He had very strong values and 'ideals' and even lived his life by them. He wore drag on stage often, because he hated gender norms.

He has stated things like that many times. So again...

It's usually NF's who most often are reprimanded for things like that, because it seems like most everyone else thinks that human rights are a waste of time, and cry-baby liberal nonsense.

So there you go, show me a flaming heated humanitarian and outwardly compassionate NT, or something. Meh.
They would laugh at you and say you are full of nonsense.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha, sorry I know that seems kinda typist. I am not trying to be.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
This song sort of makes me think he was an ISFP

I'm sorry, but he seems too detached and not 'earthy' enough to really be an isfp. He wasn't really nature-y or earthy at all, and I don't he cared at all about really being trendy or anything. He had very strong values and 'ideals' and even lived his life by them. He wore drag on stage often, because he hated gender norms.

He has stated things like that many times. So again...

It's usually NF's who most often are reprimanded for things like that, because it seems like most everyone else thinks that human rights are a waste of time, and cry-baby liberal nonsense.

So there you go, show me a flaming heated humanitarian and outwardly compassionate NT, or something. Meh.
They would laugh at you and say you are full of nonsense.

Maybe it was his rocker attitude that seemed ISFP to me. I really didn't pay too much attention to his music. You seem to know a bit more about him than I do. So yeah, I can see INFP.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe it was his rocker attitude that seemed ISFP to me. I really didn't pay too much attention to his music. You seem to know a bit more about him than I do. So yeah, I can see INFP.

YES XD

He is one of my favorite musicians, and his music helped me through some really difficult times. I feel as though he is the symbol for alienation.

I think he very much believed in what was supposedly the philosophy behind 'punk-music' whilst many in that scene simply thought it was cool to be a part of, or they just liked it. I think has been said many times about him as well.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
YES XD

He is one of my favorite musicians, and his music helped me through some really difficult times. I feel as though he is the symbol for alienation.

I think he very much believed in what was supposedly the philosophy behind 'punk-music' whilst many in that scene simply thought it was cool to be a part of, or they just liked it. I think has been said many times about him as well.

Yeah, I payed more attention to Nirvana's sound than lyrical meaning. It was good music for the angsty teenager.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I payed more attention to Nirvana's sound than lyrical meaning. It was good music for the angsty teenager.

Meh, I don't agree with that general desertion.

He was a rich and famous musician who traveled the world and shot himself who a shotgun when he was 27. I think it was more then just teenage angst.

I almost feel like his musical work ended on act 1, when it obviously should have been longer. I feel as though now, it is a story that can continue.

Also, really interesting alternative version.

EonsInTheNight

MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see ISFP in interviews and INFP in journals.
Now, one's journals should be more revelatory than superficial apeareance that can be explained by enneagram (a sx/sp 4w5 would be very rebellious, in-your-face and volatile, thus resembling SP) or nurture, so the journals should win, but...
He said in numerous interviews that he doesn't think about what the lyrics mean when he writes them, and that many of them are nonsense.
Also, honestly looking at his lyrics, there are some good ones here and there (''I miss the comfort of being sad'') but I feel an INFP would polish his lyrics more.

So, don't know. What's more likely? An ISFP rambling on his views in journal in a nonsencial manner with comic book drawing, or an INFP saying his lyrics are nonsense that he doesn't think much about?

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I see ISFP in interviews and INFP in journals.
Now, one's journals should be more revelatory than superficial apeareance that can be explained by enneagram (a sx/sp 4w5 would be very rebellious, in-your-face and volatile, thus resembling SP) or nurture, so the journals should win, but...
He said in numerous interviews that he doesn't think about what the lyrics mean when he writes them, and that many of them are nonsense.
Also, honestly looking at his lyrics, there are some good ones here and there (''I miss the comfort of being sad'') but I feel an INFP would polish his lyrics more.

So, don't know. What's more likely? An ISFP rambling on his views in journal in a nonsencial manner with comic book drawing, or an INFP saying his lyrics are nonsense that he doesn't think much about?
he does a lot of heroine

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh, I don't agree with that general desertion.

He was a rich and famous musician who traveled the world and shot himself who a shotgun when he was 27. I think it was more then just teenage angst.

I almost feel like his musical work ended on act 1, when it obviously should have been longer. I feel as though now, it is a story that can continue.
The documentaries of his life are very interesting, and indicate INFP even more than ISFP. The grunge look might throw people off from INFP, but he is idealistic in a way that is more ethereal and abstract. He very much resisted materialism and was quite disjunct from the world in his idealism. His relationship was very scary and I think she is a narcissist/sociopath, and probably was responsible for his death.

EonsInTheNight

MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The documentaries of his life are very interesting, and indicate INFP even more than ISFP. The grunge look might throw people off from INFP, but he is idealistic in a way that is more ethereal and abstract. He very much resisted materialism and was quite disjunct from the world in his idealism. His relationship was very scary and I think she is a narcissist/sociopath, and probably was responsible for his death.

The thing with idealistic is that ISFPs are Fi-doms so there's no reason they wouldn't be. Actually Cobain inherited allot from the more value driven side of American hardcore punk scene, like Husker Du, Wipers and Fugazi (altough he never mentions Husker Du or Fugazi, but the sentiment is similar). People like Bob Mould, Ian McKaye or Guy Piccioto come as ISFPs in interviews, they're authentic but also down-to-earth and frankly, much more intelligent than Cobain. Now, Cobain's actual influence is Greg Sage from Wipers ( he covered Return of the Rat and D7) but I don't have interviews with that guy, altough I highly suspect he was IxFP.

EonsInTheNight

MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The thing with idealistic is that ISFPs are Fi-doms so there's no reason they wouldn't be. Actually Cobain inherited allot from the more value driven side of American hardcore punk scene, like Husker Du, Wipers and Fugazi (altough he never mentions Husker Du or Fugazi, but the sentiment is similar). People like Bob Mould, Ian McKaye or Guy Piccioto come as ISFPs in interviews, they're authentic but also down-to-earth and frankly, much more intelligent than Cobain. Now, Cobain's actual influence is Greg Sage from Wipers ( he covered Return of the Rat and D7) but I don't have interviews with that guy, altough I highly suspect he was IxFP.