User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Kurt Cobain

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Yeh, there are certain types of horror movies I just can't watch.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Yeah, I feel way too jaded to believe in the bullshit these days XD
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    agreed. one of my friends sounds exactly like this. the style of speech is just perfect. does that make him a 4w5 too?

I read somewhere that he was a 5w4 but I'm not sure if that's right

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    He may be an INFP, but he's an unusual one. There is no way I'd say he is the poster child. I don't think INFP = rebellious and edgy. That describes an ISFP more than an INFP. INFP's tend to avoid confrontation more than any other type. If an INFP is rebellious they tend to do it in a more indirect way in order to avoid confrontation. INFP's are not the "in your face" type, quite the opposite in fact.
    I am an INFP. Yes, I'd have to agree that generally I do try to avoid confrontation, except when what I am "rebelling" against is a matter that I hold very close to my heart, and to my philosophies.
    For example, being strongly into philosophiy, mostly the ones regarding individuality and freedom, when I see a police officer being, in my opinion, unfair, I do not hesitate before planting my face two inches from his and telling him what I think. Or when I play music (on or off stage), I tend to exagerate and provoke the crowd with shocking imagery or musicality to express my freedom of expression.
    As much as I know about Kurt Cobain, I believe he was quite similar to that. He was a very pacific guy, except when the situation came to what he believed. For example, when he made fun of Axl Rose for being such a stuck-up, sexist individual, he did not try and avoid any confrontation; he actually probably knew one was going to be established.
    Therefore, I think he was an INFP; also, INFPs tend to be good lyricists, and it doesn't take a professeur of poetry to understand that his lyrics were very deep and beautiful to read/listen to.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

e54 sp/so infp.

This enneagram stacking in particular can be difficult to separate from the mbti isfp, if,

for instance, assuming one reads so deeply into "I hate myself and want to die"

that it becomes some sort of inadvertent revelatory acceptance.

thinking of you

I agree that he's probably 5w4.. I don't think he was INFP though. Maybe, but could just be a frustrated INTP. He had a pretty.. I don't know.. "undeveloped" take on people/feelings/values. He wasn't even that cool with his own bandmates. Not that I expect INFPs to be "nice" or emotionally stable, but I don't see anything creative about him on that level.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

INFP 5w4 yes... But why Sp/So? He does'nt seem Sp/So at all to me. I'd rather say Sx/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

I'd like a reason why anyone would think Fi. Besides saying he had strong "feelings". Everyone has feelings.. But from the looks of it, he's pretty much clueless on either a Fe or Fi level. He didn't seem to have any ideals other than misgivings about his fanbase. And was too self-absorbed to connect with anything other than pain.. he was already singing "Goodbye, I'm killing myself" songs years before he did it, and couldn't see any of the improvements in his life or people who loved him.. even his daughter.

Just saying.. when someone's leading function is Fi, it's supposed to be just as in tact as Se is in an ESTP or Ni in an INFJ. For some reason though, it's ISFPs and INFPs who are considered broken by design by virtue of their dominant function. It doesn't make any sense. I'd urge people to read Naomi Quenk's book on shadow types. INFPs are among the least stressed types in her opinion, and she bases this off research, statistics, and being involved enough in this field that she's the lead editor of the MBTI manual.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Try Ben Smoke for comparative purposes.

I think e5 infps would be more likely to lash out, to place blame on others.

sp/so because of comparatively neutral sort of composure.

Can express anger, but I don't think they stew over, blame others or obsess with "merging" (as others have put it) nearly as much as sx/so individuals might.

thinking of you

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Hum, why not, but I don't see the reserve and the bluntness that Sp/So often have. From my experience, Sp/So 5 are guys like Bill Gates or Vladimir Putin (they are 5w6s though).

[youtube=hkvBET7A2s0]Vladimir Putin 5w6 Sp/So[/youtube]
    [youtube=mmd93lWbOsw]Bill Gates 5w6 Sp/So[/youtube]

And I find them very different from Kurt Kobain. At the opposite, a 5w4 Sx/Sp is a guy like Thom Yorke or Jim Morisson, wich make more sense to me.

People with the So in second in their stacking, Sp/So and Sx/So tend to be popular icon and to be fake atention whore with sometimes a cult built around them, but that was not really the case of Kurt Kobain I think. He was just a self destructive guy absorbed by his passions and his darkness, more Sx/Sp to me.

A good example of 5w4 Sp/So would be Daria in my mind:

[youtube=UxTqEJgdNXU]Daria 5w4 Sp/So[/youtube]
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan