Thread: Kurt Cobain

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    That's the one that gets my goat. Depressed/bitter INFPs do not look like they are wearing rose colored glasses. If anything, they swing the other way. Many normal INFPs do not wear rose-colored glasses (or at least, not always). Not all INFPs are optimists, even though they are idealists. You can't be strongly idealistic for very long at all before life shows you in no uncertain terms that the world does not work like that. Which is not to say that INFPs abandon their ideals -- they are just very aware that the world can be an extremely sucky place which is highly incompatible with their ideals. Indeed, the loftier the idealism, the more uncomfortable the shortfall.
    I know this is old, but a really good post!

Whoever wrote the "rose-colored glasses" thing about INFPs was looking at us through some

------

I would have guessed he was an ISFP too, but after reading this thread, I'd definitely say there's little doubt he was an INFP. The idealism is too strong - he has to be an NF. He was not outwardly stylish enough to be an SP.
    He was also a vastly better songwriter than musician or singer (from what I've read, actually quite poor at guitar playing in many people's opinions). An SP is usually good at technical skill and an NF is good at coming up with concepts. Sure, both can possibly be good at both, but since he was much more conceptual than mastered at a skill, I'd say INFP.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

kurt cobain = infp

MBTI
    INTP

I think Kurt Cobain was an I N T P

Firstly, he was an introvert because he hated the thoughts of being in the public/limelight. He wanted to just share his passion of music with people.

He was definitely an intuitive person as his songs had deep meanings.

I think that Cobain was a thinker mainly because he didnt give a damn about what anyone thought about him. He even mentioned that he loved cats because cats usually appear to be detached. (idk he could be a feeler)

lastly, Cobain was obviously a perceiver because he was kind of laid back xD

MBTI
    INFP

Sorry to bring this back up, but for anyone who thinks he wasn't INFP:

YouTube - Kurt Cobain Interview About His Childhood and His Parents

YouTube - Kurt Cobain Discusses His Moodiness, Drug Use & More Pt1 of2

He totally was. No way he's ISFP or INTP.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

cobain was obvious INFP
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

IxFP, rather N, I think.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromMars View Post
    Sorry to bring this back up, but for anyone who thinks he wasn't INFP:

YouTube - Kurt Cobain Interview About His Childhood and His Parents

YouTube - Kurt Cobain Discusses His Moodiness, Drug Use & More Pt1 of2

He totally was. No way he's ISFP or INTP.
    agreed. one of my friends sounds exactly like this. the style of speech is just perfect. does that make him a 4w5 too?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Whoa, I remember thinking that my mom and grandma were aliens, too lol
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones
    That's the one that gets my goat. Depressed/bitter INFPs do not look like they are wearing rose colored glasses. If anything, they swing the other way. Many normal INFPs do not wear rose-colored glasses (or at least, not always). Not all INFPs are optimists, even though they are idealists. You can't be strongly idealistic for very long at all before life shows you in no uncertain terms that the world does not work like that. Which is not to say that INFPs abandon their ideals -- they are just very aware that the world can be an extremely sucky place which is highly incompatible with their ideals. Indeed, the loftier the idealism, the more uncomfortable the shortfall.
    I agree, this is a great post. I can deffinately relate to that. Who the fuck assumed that we're sunshine and flowers?
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, I totally relate to most of his views (that I've heard of obviously), the way people percieved him (the "what's wrong?" even when you're actually in a good mood), his whole kind of style of being. I don't mean that in an obsessive fangirl way, just the truth.

I also used to come up with crazy stories like the alien thing too, when I was a kid. Like imagening my mum turning into a monster suddenly, the house turning into chocolate, all this weird stuffs. I'm almost certain Kurt was 4w5 too - definitely a 4.

On the "sunshine and flowers" topic - so agree! INFP's can be very, very dark actually. I know I can be. I can be morbid as anything, and my thoughts are often dark. I have ideals, I daydream about peace on Earth and all that good stuff, but I know it won't really happen. And I for sure do not see everything in a positive light, at all. People that know me would laugh their asses off at that thought, because I can be very negative.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra