User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I think this is a perfect example of how MBTI is imperfect.

He was an F. According to the movie. And it seemed perfectly plausible there.
    You can call me Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    Wow, I totally thought INFP in the movie.
    I haven't read the book but plan to soon.

Regardless of his type, I fine his story very inspiring.
    The book basically shows that he was a tragic moron. That's Hollywood for you.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

We are all tragic morons. It just happens to not end in death most of the time.

Proof? Your life in a different light.
    My life in a different life.
    You can call me Charles.

We are all morons. It just happens to not end is death most of the time.
    This guy went out of his way to put himself in a dangerous situation. So, double moron. Read the book. He is sympathetic, but more in a way you might feel about the stupid, earnest kid down the street who keeps getting into trouble because he's so naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    This guy went out of his way to put himself in a dangerous situation. So, double moron. Read the book. He is sympathetic, but more in a way you might feel about the stupid, earnest kid down the street who keeps getting into trouble because he's so naive.
    You don't drive on the freeway, do you? One of the most dangerous things you know do ya know.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    INFP

I read the book but have not seen the movie. That the book is an attempt to understand and research the real person rather than the movie brings in a lot of things that Hollywood would gloss over or leave out. I think there is potential for being INFP, but perhaps not extreme in the F or the P, which implies that the opposite could also be the case - weak T and/or J.

At the very least he was a very driven young man and some serious thought needs to be given to unbalanced uses of the various functions.

Just thoughts.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Naive, yeah... but I didn't have quite that bad a feeling about him.

Theoretically, he was pretty sharp. He just really had never managed to run into a situation he hadn't been able to handle by his own mind and resolve of will before... but no kid has that level of experience to know, and he went damned further than many other kids his age who never strive beyond the box out of sheer laziness or lack of imagination.

He just had no real margin of error, and I think 95% of his peers would have died long before.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

"... some serious thought needs to be given to unbalanced uses of the various functions."

Sounds religious. Victor was right.
    You can call me Charles.

You don't drive on the freeway, do you? One of the most dangerous things you know do ya know.
    You want to compare an adult driving on the freeway with an unbalanced kid rushing off into the Alaskan wilderness unprepared? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Naive, yeah... but I didn't have quite that bad a feeling about him.

Theoretically, he was pretty sharp. He just really had never managed to run into a situation he hadn't been able to handle by his own mind and resolve of will before... but no kid has that level of experience to know, and he went damned further than many other kids his age who never strive beyond the box out of sheer laziness or lack of imagination.

He just had no real margin of error, and I think 95% of his peers would have died long before.
    You're a Romantic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink: