User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I'm putting my bet on INFP.
    Dominant- Fi (his interest in his personal development and growth and his intention to live the way he did just screams it)
    Auxiliary- Ne (ISFPs would not be inspired by intellectual books from centuries past)
    Tertiary- Si (Tertiary Si, I would presume, is most responsible for naturalist tendencies in INxPs)
    Animus- Te "I am able to establish rules or make plans to achieve what I consider as important."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Hah

I'm sorry but i didn't read all of the other posts so I may be off topic or repeating. However after seing the film a few weeks ago (I haven't read the book and i won't) I was about 100% sure that he was an ENTJ. I had a classmate a few years ago who had his EXACT character (and I can't stand either of them). He may be something else in the book and in reality though.

In the movie, ISFP.

MBTI
    ISTx

Good book. Good movie.

MBTI
    I

Based on the movie, I would say ISTP for sure.

Wow, I totally thought INFP in the movie.
    I haven't read the book but plan to soon.

Regardless of his type, I fine his story very inspiring.
    You can call me Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Based on the movie, I would say ISTP for sure.
    Definately. He just wanted to get away from everyone else, and he was such a flaming Se.

His final realisation of "Happiness only real when shared" screams inferior Fe.
    Hello

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm just more curious about an Se who doesn't follow typical behavior profiling for Se people, including giving away a promising economic future and career that he worked hard for, taking no possessions except what he could carry, and donating $24K (all he had) at the age of what, 21, to charity... and not on a whim or devil-may-care episode but as a concerted effort driven by an internal sense of values from the get-go. Even as a runner, he tended to make it a strong matter of autonomy and mind-control over physical body... he wasn't enamoured by Se sensation, he sought to control it and utilize it.

This is not ESxP behavior. He's obviously being driven by an inner sense of vision and then of values... and without a lot of social niceties. (Taking off while mostly disregarding his family, except for occasional letters, is not something an INFJ would do for example unless the family "deserved it" in terms of being abusive.... but a INTJ would do it.)

I don't know how the movie portrayed him, but I don't take the movie as seriously as I take the researched book that describes many of the details of his life in coherent fashion. The movie medium when extrapolating from someone's life can result in a lot of "fill in" or interpretation.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    No, Chris was pretty clearly an INTJ (to the point of being an ass about things -- in his commitment to his idealistic vision, he abandoned his parents and relational networks completely... something an NF is not liable to do whatsoever, because their idealism INCLUDES others). \

You can't label "idealism" as an NF thing.

It's a great book, for many reasons. I'm glad you read it. You should read Into Thin Air (?), too, if you haven't yet.

edit: I'm sorry if I came across as blunt... I didn't mean it as any sort of slap, if it did come across that way...
    I think he was an extravert...can't substantiate my claim, though. Just the sensation I got from reading about him (I read the book). I kind of relate a lot to his behavior, not the going into the wild without preparation thing (I have done mountain climbing so I know way too well the dangers), more his general behavior before starting to travel, in school, etc.

I agree with you that he couldn't be a feeling type because he treated all the people that cared about him quite crappily by just going away on a whim.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I agree with you that he couldn't be a feeling type because he treated all the people that cared about him quite crappily by just going away on a whim.
    Yeah.

You might see that from F's who are purposefully trying to spite others, but it's far more likely to be a T type that, even if aware of the pain it's causing others, has already decided those people just need to deal with "those lesser emotions" because there are more important things to be done and explored.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :D
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: