MBTI
    Jipe
    Enneagram
    Memb
    Socionics
    Er

Default Sylvia Plath and 50 Cent

Any ideas?

An odd pairing I know, but they're two that have been on my mind recently. I saw an interview with 50 Cent the other day and he wasn't at all as I'd expected. I was surprised by how introverted and thoughtful he was, and obviously the image he portrays in his music is just that: an image, but I was genuinely shocked at how passive he was. This channel has the interview:

YouTube - ardenarmocida's Channel

And Sylvia Plath. I'd assume INFP but I could be wrong as it's based on a vague sort of intuition and her similarity to others who I think are INFPs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

50 cent in combination with Robert Greene have recently written a "nonfiction" succesds bible/strategy book called the 50th Power. I have not read it yet but have talked with and am fan of Robert's work. My understanding is the 50th power is essentially about entering into projects boldly, feerlessly and never dwell on regret.
    Sylvia Plath wrote a semi biography too. Her Husband is Ted Hughes also a great poet.
    I not much of 50 cent music fan but it appears he has made some monumental steps from humble beginnings. I don't think its Plaths best work but am fond of this one

Jilted
    My thoughts are crabbed and sallow,
    My tears like vinegar,
    Or the bitter blinking yellow
    Of an acetic star.

Tonight the caustic wind, love,
    Gossips late and soon,
    And I wear the wry-faced pucker of
    The sour lemon moon.

While like an early summer plum,
    Puny, green, and tart,
    Droops upon its wizened stem
    My lean, unripened heart.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    I

I've heard a few times that 50 Cent is ISFJ. Don't have enough to argue against that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think Sylvia Plath was an INFJ, actually.

MBTI
    enfp

rap died with tupac

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Any ideas?

An odd pairing I know, but they're two that have been on my mind recently. I saw an interview with 50 Cent the other day and he wasn't at all as I'd expected. I was surprised by how introverted and thoughtful he was, and obviously the image he portrays in his music is just that: an image, but I was genuinely shocked at how passive he was. This channel has the interview:

YouTube - ardenarmocida's Channel

And Sylvia Plath. I'd assume INFP but I could be wrong as it's based on a vague sort of intuition and her similarity to others who I think are INFPs.
    She was an INFJ.
    I think the closest we've had to Sylvia + Fiddy was Eminem + Dido:YouTube - Eminem feat. Dido - Stan

MBTI
    Jipe
    Enneagram
    Memb
    Socionics
    Er

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I've heard a few times that 50 Cent is ISFJ. Don't have enough to argue against that.
    That sounds about right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise
    I think Sylvia Plath was an INFJ, actually.
    Hmm... I can believe that.

MBTI
    intp

I've seen Sylvia Plath typed as an ISFP. I think that writers are too often assumed to be Ns without even thinking about the possibility that they could be Ss...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Sylvia Plath's poetry is strongly Ni-Fe imo. I think she was an INFJ. Her mental illness can make it more difficult to type her, and she was not strongly introverted being quite sought after for dating in such when younger. INFJs have a little wider natural range of socialization based on their Fe. I can see why people might think INFP, but it doesn't really fit based on her life history. Her ideas are strongly metaphorical which is associated with INFJs.

Based on his work, I would lean towards thinking Robert Frost could be an SF. Emily Dickinson leans more in the direction of Sensing in her expression than Sylvia Plath imo. Dickinson's relationship to nature is nuanced, personal, and direct rather than using the ideas as abstractions of other concepts. She draws directly from the source with more sensitivity to its particulars than most poets.

Edit: I think what makes typing artists difficult is that creative expression requires integration of different cognitive styles in the mind. Isolating a single mode of thought doesn't tend to produce what is creative or original. There needs to be a way to connect the internal experience with the outside world, which can occur in a variety of ways. Does one start with the intangible and find ways to make it tangible, or does one start with what is seen and felt and extend it into a sense of meaning? It can be difficult to tell in which direction the process occurs.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

brainheart

Yeah, she was a very physical person, very sensual. I could see her Ni being more tertiary than dominant. I'm taking stabs in the dark, of course, but I've read a lot of her stuff and I relate to it... very well. And she is a poet who I can actually read and make sense of her poems, while typically INFJ and INFP poets... don't hold my attention.

But like I know. But I wouldn't rule out ISFP.