User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It is interesting how often ISFP and INFJ comes up for Plath. Both share Ni and Se where you take in the sensations of the external world and distill them into an inner symbolic vision.

Another thing should be said of great artistic expression. It typically contains within it enough layers to hold up under different interpretations of it. It could well be that her poetry can be viewed from multiple angles and maintain a sense of coherency. It is akin to viewing a cube from multiple angles where one person sees a square, another a diamond shape, and still another a hexagonal, each being entirely correct. That quality is inherent in great creative achievements.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    Attributing emotions and intentions to inanimate objects and natural phenomena is Fi, as is focusing on the way things make you feel and on personal experiences and reactions instead of broader social issues and context. Most of her poems involve her using emotionally loaded language and sentiments to express how concrete ideas and experiences make her feel.
    The bolded part never ocurred to me. Really? I don't think I tend to do that.
    I agree with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I got a Ni Fe vibe from The Bell Jar. She seemed to grapple with her visions vs. community standards and what's expected of her. I don't see a Fi-dom having that struggle the way she did, although I really relate to the ideal vs. reality struggle and feeling frozen to choose a path.
    I relate to the same things. And since it's a big part of her personal story, so to say, on the whole I related to the character a lot, which confuses me a bit, because INFJ and INFPs have completely different functions. It's difficult for me to understand how come we have so much in common.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Her 'novel' was her life, 100% personal experience. That's why she used a pseudonym. Nowadays it would be a memoir. Although you may be right-

I can get freaking psychotic about foreshadowing, interwoven themes, etc, in my writing so I'm not sure that's enough to go off of.
    I know her novel was her life--but she also explicitly wove literature/buldingsroman/freud/etc. themes (in the scholarly sense) in there on almost every single page. These are different than the things you are thinking about.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP

My guess would beee...

Sylvia Plath - INFJ.
    50 Cent - ESFJ? IDK much about him, and I think his music sucks personally, but I'm just guessing by what I do know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    rap died with tupac
    :steam:

Rap was there before Tupac. And I also think it's was done better before Tupac.

I don't care what Eminem says!, about Tupac and Jay Z, I don't like either of them very much.

I've thought 50 Cent is INFJ, or ENFJ. He's a lot easier to type than Eminem....

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post
    :steam:

Rap was there before Tupac. And I also think it's was done better before Tupac.

I don't care what Eminem says!, about Tupac and Jay Z, I don't like either of them very much.

I've thought 50 Cent is INFJ, or ENFJ. He's a lot easier to type than Eminem....
    LOL

50 cent loves to rap about his penis. Now that makes for good rap, doesn't it? HAHAHAHAHA

The height of rap was G-Funk, Tupac, and the mid 90s. Since then, you just see rappers talking about their penis or some superman... wtf???????

newayz (but yeah Pre-Tupac rap was good too, Im just saying rap died when Tupac died, not saying it wasn't alive before him)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

yes, sylvia plath was INFJ. i can't see her as any other type.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

newayz (but yeah Pre-Tupac rap was good too, Im just saying rap died when Tupac died, not saying it wasn't alive before him)
    But rap is rap....

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post
    But rap is rap....
    nah, just different regions take over. how 9-11 makes people listen to rap songs about penis, is the weirdest thing ever.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

nah, just different regions take over. how 9-11 makes people listen to rap songs about penis, is the weirdest thing ever.
    I'm talking about actual rapping. Not Hip-Hop, or only modern day rap, or rap from twenty or thirty years ago.