User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Sylvia Plath's poetry is strongly Ni-Fe imo. I think she was an INFJ. Her mental illness can make it more difficult to type her, and she was not strongly introverted being quite sought after for dating in such when younger. INFJs have a little wider natural range of socialization based on their Fe. I can see why people might think INFP, but it doesn't really fit based on her life history. Her ideas are strongly metaphorical which is associated with INFJs.

Based on his work, I would lean towards thinking Robert Frost could be an SF. Emily Dickinson leans more in the direction of Sensing in her expression than Sylvia Plath imo. Dickinson's relationship to nature is nuanced, personal, and direct rather than using the ideas as abstractions of other concepts. She draws directly from the source with more sensitivity to its particulars than most poets.
    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Yeah, she was a very physical person, very sensual. I could see her Ni being more tertiary than dominant. I'm taking stabs in the dark, of course, but I've read a lot of her stuff and I relate to it... very well. And she is a poet who I can actually read and make sense of her poems, while typically INFJ and INFP poets... don't hold my attention.

But like I know. But I wouldn't rule out ISFP.
    I haven't read her poems, but in The Bell Jar she seemed to be an Ni user who was using it poorly. IDK if that's because she was mentally ill or because it was a function she wasn't strong with. I lean toward her being an INFJ simply because her novel was constructed so thoroughly and carefully (an absurd amount of careful foreshadowing and careful echoing and interwoven themes, which to me seems highly Ni-connective).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

brainheart

Her 'novel' was her life, 100% personal experience. That's why she used a pseudonym. Nowadays it would be a memoir. Although you may be right-

I can get freaking psychotic about foreshadowing, interwoven themes, etc, in my writing so I'm not sure that's enough to go off of.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I see more Fi-Se than anything else in her poems. Not really much Ni or Fe.

Attributing emotions and intentions to inanimate objects and natural phenomena is Fi, as is focusing on the way things make you feel and on personal experiences and reactions instead of broader social issues and context. Most of her poems involve her using emotionally loaded language and sentiments to express how concrete ideas and experiences make her feel.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    Attributing emotions and intentions to inanimate objects and natural phenomena is Fi, as is focusing on the way things make you feel and on personal experiences and reactions instead of broader social issues and context.
    Yeah, I used to think this was Ne+Fi, which is why I was confused before. Once I realized it was a wholly Fi thing, my being an ISFP rather than INFP made sense.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

How about The 50 cent and Bert correlation...?

[/QUOTE]
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

both sylvia plath and emily dickinson were infjs. sylvia plath was a 4 (not sure w3 or w5) and emily dickinson was a 5w4 (probably sp/sx, but possibly sx/sp). sylvia more than emily was broken, and i see skewed Ni more than antything else, an inability to see the world without feeling it weighing down on you. the suicide attempt of crawling into a hole to die sounds about as Fe implosion as it gets, wanting to fucking disappear forever without a trace.

ted hughes is labeled as intj, but i get this faint istp sense in the back of my mind.

both infjs and ifps project into objects. ifps project their internal Fi, via Pe, infjs project their inner Ni consciousness into specific contexts, objects, relationships, situations. so when Ni is skewed, it can find the darkest worst shit you can possibly imagine (bc it is literally imagining the worst shit). Fi projects feelings into objects or abstract relatinship altho it doesn't have to be so hyperbolic in imagination bc it really feels them already. it's looking for places they already exist (or that it thinks they exist), and then hands them the microphone (but with a pre-arranged emotional script).

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    both infjs and ifps project into objects. ifps project their internal Fi, via Pe, infjs project their inner Ni consciousness into specific contexts, objects, relationships, situations. so when Ni is skewed, it can find the darkest worst shit you can possibly imagine (bc it is literally imagining the worst shit). Fi projects feelings into objects or abstract relatinship altho it doesn't have to be so hyperbolic in imagination bc it really feels them already. it's looking for places they already exist (or that it thinks they exist), and then hands them the microphone (but with a pre-arranged emotional script).
    I still see Plath (or her poetry) as ISFP, but this distinction is spot on in my opinion.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    So when Ni is skewed, it can find the darkest worst shit you can possibly imagine (bc it is literally imagining the worst shit). Fi projects feelings into objects or abstract relatinship altho it doesn't have to be so hyperbolic in imagination bc it really feels them already. it's looking for places they already exist (or that it thinks they exist), and then hands them the microphone (but with a pre-arranged emotional script).
    Hmm, I don't know if this is exclusive to dominant Ni because I've definitely been there. But I also pulled away from it, which Plath was apparently unable to do, so who knows?

But I also have better drugs...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I got a Ni Fe vibe from The Bell Jar. She seemed to grapple with her visions vs. community standards and what's expected of her. I don't see a Fi-dom having that struggle the way she did, although I really relate to the ideal vs. reality struggle and feeling frozen to choose a path.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

INFJ for Plath (I had to do a paper on her in English) and ESTJ for 50 Cent? That's just what I've heard anyways. Plath's writing screams INFJ as well.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)