• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but im not my mother. or am i :thinking:

no haha i said maybe you have to be one or really know one...i'd imagine you know your mother pretty well yeah?? :D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
no haha i said maybe you have to be one or really know one...i'd imagine you know your mother pretty well yeah?? :D

yea i know my mom pretty well, but she doesent resemble clementine at all

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
just watched this with jock for the first time.
i really liked adaptation and wanted to give
this a whirl.

i thought joel and clementine were annoying.
joel moreso than clementine. i kept on thinking
what a pathetic little pussyface joel is.

jock typed him as a 9 and that makes a lot of
sense to me. i forgot if he typed clementine.
i think she's a 7? that impulsive need to just
go go go. whatever.

clementine ruined visually good moments by
opening her mouth. no like.

didn't like the characters. didn't like the story.
but i really liked the way the story was told/unfolded.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what types they are but I love that movie.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
As I said in the other thread about this:

Joel: ISFJ
Clementine: ESFP

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i thought joel and clementine were annoying.
joel moreso than clementine. i kept on thinking
what a pathetic little pussyface joel is.

jock typed him as a 9 and that makes a lot of
sense to me. i forgot if he typed clementine.
i think she's a 7? that impulsive need to just
go go go. whatever.

clementine ruined visually good moments by
opening her mouth. no like.

didn't like the characters. didn't like the story.
but i really liked the way the story was told/unfolded.

It was a story of two people who had problems individually, and got together with the other because the other had strength in the area where they were weak. But instead of learning from each other and growing together as people/a couple, they held onto their comfortable problems and began to wielded them as weapons against each other. It was pretty frustrating and disgusting to watch, and, sadly, something real people do all the time.

I prefer romantic movies with happy endings.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Basically what [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] said is what I thought about the movie. Visually/structurally interesting but the actual content I thought was boring.

Joel is 9w1 INFP[FiSi] or ISFJ, the arguments for both are pretty good and honestly this character bored me to death so I didn't pay too much attention.

Clementine seemed 7w6 to me, and ESFP. Wings for 7s can be tough sometimes because 7w counter 6 and 7w8 look the same to me. She was the rather formulaic EFP with daddy/prettiness issues that we've all come to associate with type.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It was a story of two people who had problems individually, and got together with the other because the other had strength in the area where they were weak. But instead of learning from each other and growing together as people/a couple, they held onto their comfortable problems and began to wielded them as weapons against each other. It was pretty frustrating and disgusting to watch, and, sadly, something real people do all the time.

I prefer romantic movies with happy endings.

They got together at the end despite knowing some of the issues they'd face with each other. Love and feelings prevail, and all that crap. Seems as happy an ending as any.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They got together at the end despite knowing some of the issues they'd face with each other. Love and feelings prevail, and all that crap. Seems as happy an ending as any.

Oh yeah, I forgot they got back together at the end. It's been a while since I've seen it.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Joel - ISFJ or INFP
Clementine - ENFP

Other characters?

I found the ending much happier (and less sappy and "oh really?" than many other romances). It presents the idea of fate. No matter what happens, they will always find each other again. Maybe, eventually, they will find themselves able to work through their problems together. There's reality there, too, as who does not know of two people who keep going through the exact same issues and the exact same fights, yet keep winding up together romantically again and again as if they've just "forgotten" those problems?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
joel: infp
clementine: esfp

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Joel is ISTJ now... little Te-aux, just enough to be nitpicky & sometimes insensitive to Clementine, and heavy, childish tertiary Fi.
If not, then INFP with serious lack of Ne.

9w1 seems right for him also. She does seem 7w6 too, and I lean towards ENFP for her still.

Piu-Piu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
really old topic but... Clementine is definitely ENFP. I think it's not true that Clementine lives in the "here and now" (even tho she seems like she does - trying to escape the past by all means is the point of the whole movie. If she was really "living in the here and now", she would never have gone to Lacuna Inc to begin with, she would have just... moved on. She was obviously trying to escape the past). The whole movie is happening in the past, so I guess both Clementine and Joel must be Ne.

Intuitive types
are mostly in the past or in the future
Clementine: Joely?
Joel: Yeah Tangerine?
Clementine: Am I ugly?
Joel: Uh-uh.
Clementine: When I was a kid, I thought I was. I can't believe I'm crying already. Sometimes I think people don't understand how lonely it is to be a kid, like you don't matter. So, I'm eight, and I have these toys, these dolls. My favorite is this ugly girl doll who I call Clementine, and I keep yelling at her, "You can't be ugly! Be pretty!" It's weird, like if I can transform her, I would magically change, too.
Joel: [kisses Clementine] You're pretty.
Clementine: Joely, don't ever leave me.
Joel: You're pretty... you're pretty... pretty...
(also, the "Joely, don't ever leave me." shows that she's somewhat concerned about the future... isn't it?)

are interested in everything new and unusual
Do I really have to explain that one?

do not like routine
Joel: I can't see anything that I don't like about you.
Clementine: But you will! But you will. You know, you will think of things. And I'll get bored with you and feel trapped because that's what happens with me.
Joel: Okay.
Clementine: [pauses] Okay.

are attracted more to the theory than the practice

often have doubts
I mean, I’m always anxious, thinking I’m not living my life to the fullest, taking advantage of every possibility, making sure I’m not wasting one second of the little time I have.

Sensing types are also said to be "self-confident" and "realistic", which Clementine is definitely not. And overall, almost nobody is 100% Ne or Se, and overall I think she's more Ne..

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you've talked enough to ESF people.
There's also a known flaw in the tests where ESFPs regularly can mistype themselves as N's, and there's a reason why that occurs.

A lot of Clem's ramblings are unfocused and jump from momentary experience to momentary experience. N's typically have more big-picture coherence as the primary underlying quality, but we don't really see that with her. There's no real thesis to what she says, which is why she becomes confused so easily even if in the moment she is passionate.

GhostProjection

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just watched this movie again for like the tenth time and I'm pretty sure about Joel's type but I dunno about Clementine's.

Joel: INFP
Clementine: ENTJ

Opinions? Different ideas?

I think Joel Is INFJ and Clementine ENFP

GhostProjection

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
really old topic but... Clementine is definitely ENFP. I think it's not true that Clementine lives in the "here and now" (even tho she seems like she does - trying to escape the past by all means is the point of the whole movie. If she was really "living in the here and now", she would never have gone to Lacuna Inc to begin with, she would have just... moved on. She was obviously trying to escape the past). The whole movie is happening in the past, so I guess both Clementine and Joel must be Ne.

Intuitive types
are mostly in the past or in the future

(also, the "Joely, don't ever leave me." shows that she's somewhat concerned about the future... isn't it?)

are interested in everything new and unusual
Do I really have to explain that one?

do not like routine

are attracted more to the theory than the practice

often have doubts

Sensing types are also said to be "self-confident" and "realistic", which Clementine is definitely not. And overall, almost nobody is 100% Ne or Se, and overall I think she's more Ne..

I agree shes definitely Enfp

Null_01

Instinctual Variant
sx
Joel seems more like an S type to me. Definitely an introvert though. I can see Clem as ENFP. :)