User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 147

  1. #61
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Joel: INFP (probably... not totally sure on N, but he's not an ISFP).

    Clem: ESFP, just totally, like, jah (an ENFP has much more obvious big-picture clarity, Clem is really usually caught up in the dizzying cycle of sensory stimulation and is very very impulsive)

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Joel was an ISFJ, with all that passive agrressivenes, repressed feelings, and living in the past.
    I doubt it, although I see why you say it. But even his sketching wasn't very S. Have you ever seen ISFJ drawers? They very much adhere to specific literal replications of real-life items, Joel didn't do that at all.

    You know how one INTP combo can be Ti+Si style? Imagine an Fi+Si (withdrawn -- and Joel is extremely withdrawn) style now. I'm thinking it would look a lot like Joel... very timid, fearful, strong inner judgments. He also could easily accept Clem's external quirks even tho she was socially a disaster; I don't see ISFJ doing that whatsoever. This is because Joel's Fi valueset allowed for expression of individuality. But she also threatened their safe haven and prevented him from risk-managing his life, and he felt used and violated by her aggressive emotional outbursts.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #62
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Joel: INFP (probably... not totally sure on N, but he's not an ISFP).

    Clem: ESFP, just totally, like, jah (an ENFP has much more obvious big-picture clarity, Clem is really usually caught up in the dizzying cycle of sensory stimulation and is very very impulsive)
    Agreed.

  3. #63
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    I typed Joel as an INJ due to the Ni nature of the watercolors he creates throughout the film. I think INFJ is the most likely.

    Clementine is an ESFP. Like, totally. (Dammit, Jennifer did it first!)

  4. #64
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Joel: INFP (probably... not totally sure on N, but he's not an ISFP).

    Clem: ESFP, just totally, like, jah (an ENFP has much more obvious big-picture clarity, Clem is really usually caught up in the dizzying cycle of sensory stimulation and is very very impulsive)



    I doubt it, although I see why you say it. But even his sketching wasn't very S. Have you ever seen ISFJ drawers? They very much adhere to specific literal replications of real-life items, Joel didn't do that at all.
    Joel had this quiet, pent up frustration about him that's very indicative of an ISFJ. When his car got damaged in parking, he left a note that said "thanks". And he was nitpicky about clementine's flaws - which she pointed it out to him. Even though he cared for clamentine more than any other woman, he was reluctant to have kids because he didn't think she was "mother" material. He was constantly simmering with emotions that he had trouble expressing until it would finally explode in viciousness (like that time he basically accused clemntine of being a whore). All of this is indicative of unhealthy ISFJ behavior.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  5. #65
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Awesome movie even though it's depressing.

    I've noticed a lot of people type ESFPs in movies as ENFPs or v.v. Do they look so much the same from the outside?

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Yeah, and why are you on Typology Central again - being an extrovert? Oh, I forgot - because you're too far gone to operate in the real world.
    And wtf is that?

  6. #66
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Joel had this quiet, pent up frustration about him that's very indicative of an ISFJ. When his car got damaged in parking, he left a note that said "thanks". And he was nitpicky about clementine's flaws - which she pointed it out to him. Even though he cared for clamentine more than any other woman, he was reluctant to have kids because he didn't think she was "mother" material. He was constantly simmering with emotions that he had trouble expressing until it would finally explode in viciousness (like that time he basically accused clemntine of being a whore). All of this is indicative of unhealthy ISFJ behavior.
    Edgar is convincing here.

  7. #67
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    how is clem an esfp, not an enfp?

    [edit] n/m, I can't read

  8. #68
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    she's such the enfp!

    oh wait...really? hmmm....

    jennifer...
    Clem: ESFP, just totally, like, jah (an ENFP has much more obvious big-picture clarity, Clem is really usually caught up in the dizzying cycle of sensory stimulation and is very very impulsive)
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  9. #69
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Joel had this quiet, pent up frustration about him that's very indicative of an ISFJ. When his car got damaged in parking, he left a note that said "thanks". And he was nitpicky about clementine's flaws - which she pointed it out to him. Even though he cared for clamentine more than any other woman, he was reluctant to have kids because he didn't think she was "mother" material. He was constantly simmering with emotions that he had trouble expressing until it would finally explode in viciousness (like that time he basically accused clemntine of being a whore). All of this is indicative of unhealthy ISFJ behavior.
    I do see all of that; but I think you're missing the big picture and getting caught up on specific traits rather than overall aura and look and feel. Joel still has a lot of "play" in his personality, he's just very self-protective and fearful and it's those things you are noticing and reading as Si+Fe. Maybe it just helps that I've known a variety of Ti+Ne and Fi+Ne people, so I've seen this pattern play out before.

    You're also looking at Joel's judgments as more Fe, whereas really Clem was violating Joel's sensibilities on a PERSONAL level and not the overt social... he does NOT care about whether she conforms to society's standards of a good person, he's bent because she's violating him as a person, within context of their relationship (which is Fi). If they weren't dating, he wouldn't bother to judge her, he'd find her sort of enticing and alive; Fe standards however usually lead to Clem getting blacklisted right away because she's not a "good member of society."

    Also interesting would be a comparison of an SFJ male's structure imposed on environment (which would use Si+Fe as the organizing style) versus an NFP male's structure (which tends to access Te instead).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #70
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    she's such the enfp!
    I thought that too, although I'm not great at typing, but, if that wasn't Ne-overload....well, damn!

Similar Threads

  1. Closing of the American Mind - a review
    By Sniffles in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 05:26 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Drowning inside the mythical mind of an INTP
    By Pseudonym_Alpha in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 09:14 AM
  3. The difference of the N and the S mind in Art and Music
    By wildcat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
  4. The Human Mind - the sum of its parts or something more?
    By Geoff in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 06:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO