User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Joel: INFP (probably... not totally sure on N, but he's not an ISFP).

Clem: ESFP, just totally, like, jah (an ENFP has much more obvious big-picture clarity, Clem is really usually caught up in the dizzying cycle of sensory stimulation and is very very impulsive)

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Joel was an ISFJ, with all that passive agrressivenes, repressed feelings, and living in the past.
    I doubt it, although I see why you say it. But even his sketching wasn't very S. Have you ever seen ISFJ drawers? They very much adhere to specific literal replications of real-life items, Joel didn't do that at all.

You know how one INTP combo can be Ti+Si style? Imagine an Fi+Si (withdrawn -- and Joel is extremely withdrawn) style now. I'm thinking it would look a lot like Joel... very timid, fearful, strong inner judgments. He also could easily accept Clem's external quirks even tho she was socially a disaster; I don't see ISFJ doing that whatsoever. This is because Joel's Fi valueset allowed for expression of individuality. But she also threatened their safe haven and prevented him from risk-managing his life, and he felt used and violated by her aggressive emotional outbursts.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Clem: ESFP, just totally, like, jah (an ENFP has much more obvious big-picture clarity, Clem is really usually caught up in the dizzying cycle of sensory stimulation and is very very impulsive)
    Agreed.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I typed Joel as an INJ due to the Ni nature of the watercolors he creates throughout the film. I think INFJ is the most likely.

Clementine is an ESFP. Like, totally. (Dammit, Jennifer did it first!)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I doubt it, although I see why you say it. But even his sketching wasn't very S. Have you ever seen ISFJ drawers? They very much adhere to specific literal replications of real-life items, Joel didn't do that at all.
    Joel had this quiet, pent up frustration about him that's very indicative of an ISFJ. When his car got damaged in parking, he left a note that said "thanks". And he was nitpicky about clementine's flaws - which she pointed it out to him. Even though he cared for clamentine more than any other woman, he was reluctant to have kids because he didn't think she was "mother" material. He was constantly simmering with emotions that he had trouble expressing until it would finally explode in viciousness (like that time he basically accused clemntine of being a whore). All of this is indicative of unhealthy ISFJ behavior.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Awesome movie even though it's depressing.

I've noticed a lot of people type ESFPs in movies as ENFPs or v.v. Do they look so much the same from the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Yeah, and why are you on Typology Central again - being an extrovert? Oh, I forgot - because you're too far gone to operate in the real world.
    And wtf is that?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Joel had this quiet, pent up frustration about him that's very indicative of an ISFJ. When his car got damaged in parking, he left a note that said "thanks". And he was nitpicky about clementine's flaws - which she pointed it out to him. Even though he cared for clamentine more than any other woman, he was reluctant to have kids because he didn't think she was "mother" material. He was constantly simmering with emotions that he had trouble expressing until it would finally explode in viciousness (like that time he basically accused clemntine of being a whore). All of this is indicative of unhealthy ISFJ behavior.
    Edgar is convincing here.

how is clem an esfp, not an enfp?

[edit] n/m, I can't read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

she's such the enfp!

oh wait...really? hmmm....

jennifer...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I do see all of that; but I think you're missing the big picture and getting caught up on specific traits rather than overall aura and look and feel. Joel still has a lot of "play" in his personality, he's just very self-protective and fearful and it's those things you are noticing and reading as Si+Fe. Maybe it just helps that I've known a variety of Ti+Ne and Fi+Ne people, so I've seen this pattern play out before.

You're also looking at Joel's judgments as more Fe, whereas really Clem was violating Joel's sensibilities on a PERSONAL level and not the overt social... he does NOT care about whether she conforms to society's standards of a good person, he's bent because she's violating him as a person, within context of their relationship (which is Fi). If they weren't dating, he wouldn't bother to judge her, he'd find her sort of enticing and alive; Fe standards however usually lead to Clem getting blacklisted right away because she's not a "good member of society."

Also interesting would be a comparison of an SFJ male's structure imposed on environment (which would use Si+Fe as the organizing style) versus an NFP male's structure (which tends to access Te instead).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    she's such the enfp!
    I thought that too, although I'm not great at typing, but, if that wasn't Ne-overload....well, damn!