User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I disagree. I think Joel is a 9w1. He's extremely passive and self-forgetting, perpetually kind and a follower, absolutely not confrontative but with repessed anger. Often feel ignored by peoples. Clémentine in comparaison is clearly a 7w8. She's always driven to compulsively seek excitment and excess to avoid pain. She have'nt the secretive nature of the 4w5. I agree though that she is Sx/Sp, Joel is more an Sp/Sx than an Sp/So, I think.

Joel and Clémentine are clearly IxFJ and ExFP, but I can't decide about the N or the S. I'd say more INFJ for Joel and ESFP for Clémentine.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I disagree. I think Joel is a 9w1. He's extremely passive and self-forgetting, perpetually kind and a follower, absolutely not confrontative but with repessed anger. Often feel ignored by peoples.
    This is the description for 9w1 sp/sx, or what you suspect Joel to be:

Enneatype Nine | Self-pres/Sexual

This subtype is self-effacing also, but is generally more assertive. They may be the subtype of Nine which is most aware of the boundaries between themselves and others and at the same time, possibly the most frustrated when those boundaries are violated. They can be aware of being walked over and they might even be aware of the anger it causes, but they become frustrated with their seeming inability to control this pattern. This is true, to some degree, of all Nines, but with the self-pres/sexual instinctual stacking, there seems to be a complex and interesting balance between the withdrawing energy caused by the dominant self-pres instinct and the assertive energy of the sexual instinct. This combination seems to raise consciousness of this dynamic.

Getting healthy for this subtype, and for all Nines, involves becoming aware of this dynamic and realizing they do have the power to control their boundaries. Part of this must come from the realization on the part of the Nine that they have invited this overstepping of their boundaries from others by not defining them.
    Close relationships will usually work or not for this subtype depending on how well they deal with this issue.
    I can definitely see that for him.

Clémentine in comparaison is clearly a 7w8. She's always driven to compulsively seek excitment and excess to avoid pain. She have'nt the secretive nature of the 4w5. I agree though that she is Sx/Sp, Joel is more an Sp/Sx than an Sp/So, I think.
    But the point of the 7 is to entertain. I don't think Clementine cares about that at all. She feels and then expresses that feeling. Her actions aren't intended to provoke or shock. She just wants to expresssssss and fulfill every whim so as not to compromise on who she is. So Four.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    But the point of the 7 is to entertain. I don't think Clementine cares about that at all. She feels and then expresses that feeling. Her actions aren't intended to provoke or shock.
    I think it's because she's So last.

She just wants to expresssssss and fulfill every whim so as not to compromise on who she is. So Four.
    Clémentine is dramatic, moody and melancholic, wich remember the 4. But at the same time, she sayd that she is like "an opened book", that she express everything, and feel bored easily, angry because Joel is so damn boring. Wich remember more the 7.

It's complicated because Sx/Sp 4 looks like 7 and Sx/Sp 7 looks like 4.

Sexual/Self-pres 4

This is a very volatile type. They are driven to form connections but have very high demands of their partners. When their powerful fantasies don’t match reality, they become very restless. They take the fire and passion of the sexual instinct and turn it inward. This can cause both brooding and fiery outbursts. Dramatic mood swings are very likely with this type. This subtype of Four could be considered the most classic Four, because of the way they seem to embody the archetype of the tortured artist, although not all Fours of this subtype are artists. Stereotype aside, this subtype does tend to bring their emotions into focus more readily then the other subtypes of Four. What is under the surface with the self-pres/sexual is now bubbling to the surface. This subtype can resemble type Seven because of their drama, passion for experience and tendency to suffer from frustration when life seems dull. Like type Seven, they can seem to throw themselves into experience.

When healthy, this subtype learns to balance the need for passion with the less obvious need for groundedness which can come from solid and focused relationships with others and with their creative outlets.
    Sexual/Self-pres 7

The energy of the sexual instinct is, in some ways, at odds with the type Seven fixation. The Seven’s focus is future oriented and outward, away from the inner world, while the sexual variant is instinctual and dwells on the inner self as far as relationships and identity are concerned. This combination can make for a Seven that can be Four-like in many ways. They can have a flamboyant style and be very moody and intense. In relationships, there is often a push-pull quality. They are very attracted to the falling in love part. The buzz and high of that is very stimulating to them, almost drug-like for them. Their problems come when that buzz wears off. They want to recreate it again and again, but they also have a way of becoming attached and sometimes very dependent on their romantic partners. On the down side, they can be very clingy but don’t want at the same time to lose their freedom. When unhealthy, they can be very selfish in these relationships, things become one-sided in a way that favors the interests of the Seven.

The sexual/self-pres Seven’s addictive behavior with relationships can extend to other areas, like music, and performing in general. The rock star image and lifestyle can be attractive to the sexual Seven. Many rock stars are sexual Sevens the buzz they experience from music can be similar to what they experience in relationships. Creativity can also function as a release of frustration from the boredom.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I think it's because she's So last.

Clémentine is dramatic, moody and melancholic, wich remember the 4. But at the same time, she sayd that she is like "an opened book", that she express everything, and feel bored easily, angry because Joel is so damn boring. Wich remember more the 7.

It's complicated because Sx/Sp 4 looks like 7 and Sx/Sp 7 looks like 4.
    Okay so Joel could be either INFJ 9w1 sp/sx or 4w5 sp/so & Clementine could be either ENFP 7w8 sx/sp or 4 sx/sp.

It's all gravy to me

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Okay so Joel could be either INFJ 9w1 sp/sx or 4w5 sp/so & Clementine could be either ENFP 7w8 sx/sp or 4 sx/sp.

It's all gravy to me
    Lol!

You synthetize it well.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    INTP

Just watched this for the first time and have to say that Clementine is definitely ENFP. My mom is ENFP along with my older female cousin and I've never seen a movie that resembled them so accurately. It was creepy. As for Joel, I would say INFP. Incidentally, my mom's bf is INFP and they've been together for years. They're very cheesy and silly together when it's just them and even though Joel seems more uptight, I think it's just repressed behavior, wanting to be more masculine and all that when he's really fem as hell. I don't think he would be INFJ although I wouldn't rule it out, I've dated one before and he's way less emo than Joel/INFPs and I was the silly one in the relationship. Me. An INTP. baha. But this was a fantastic movie.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Clementine did not have big picture sense. She was impossibly lost in all the detail, obsessed over particular details, and seemed to be a pinball bouncing from one event to the next.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by natalie1207 View Post
    Just watched this for the first time and have to say that Clementine is definitely ENFP. My mom is ENFP along with my older female cousin and I've never seen a movie that resembled them so accurately. It was creepy. As for Joel, I would say INFP. Incidentally, my mom's bf is INFP and they've been together for years. They're very cheesy and silly together when it's just them and even though Joel seems more uptight, I think it's just repressed behavior, wanting to be more masculine and all that when he's really fem as hell. I don't think he would be INFJ although I wouldn't rule it out, I've dated one before and he's way less emo than Joel/INFPs and I was the silly one in the relationship. Me. An INTP. baha. But this was a fantastic movie.
    i agree totally...i relate a lot to that character...maybe you have to be an enfp or really know one to get how enfp she is...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    maybe you have to be an enfp or really know one to get how enfp she is...
    maybe im an ENFP in disguise then
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    maybe im an ENFP in disguise then
    well your mother is an enfp...right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison