• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
good movie depressing though to me.

Why was it depressing to you? Do you feel that they were bound to keep repeating the same patterns?

Anyway, Clementine is pretty clearly an ENFP 7 to me. Joel is some kind of Si dom. Yay, socionics (semi)-duality?

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Why was it depressing to you? Do you feel that they were bound to keep repeating the same patterns?

Anyway, Clementine is pretty clearly an ENFP 7 to me. Joel is some kind of Si dom. Yay, socionics (semi)-duality?

To be honest. I can't quite remember. I was a jr. in college when I watched it and now I'm almost 30, or 29, or 28. I can't remember.lol.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Methinks:
Joel - SiFi ISTJ. Not sure about enneagram, but I would guess either 9w1 or 6w5, sp/sx, with a 4w5 fix
Clementine - definitely ENFP in the original script, though I could see either ENFP or ESFP for how she's actually portrayed in the movie. Some of the quotes that screamed Ne-dom were left out. 7w6-4w3-8w7 sx/sp

synesthesia-

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
yeah...meant to ask actually. i'm not good at typing people but i can recognize and enfp a lot of the time.

That's how I am. I can typically recognize ENFP in people who I feel more comfortable and less judged with. The friends that I don't fear losing are always ENFPs.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I don't like this movie at all. Very, very overrated and a shame too coming from genius Charlie Kaufman. Just thought I'd get that out there before stating this opinion: the Jim Carrey character was definitely INFP in my book.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really enjoyed the film. It sort of felt like my mind projected into a screen. I have that experience ingrained into a handful of other movies as well, and each has forever unlocked a room in my mind.

Clementine strikes me as ENFP, and this seems to hold up true if I compare her to Se-doms. I don't think we've seen enough of Joel to really say... He seems like some blurry mixture of IxFJ and INFP, and if that's the case I can totally understand their rocky relationship. She found a new and attractive paint color to splatter around her heart, but it dried hideously and she left, the film making it clear that this has happened to her with previous relationships and she has the urge to find new people as much as she does to dye her hair. The ending is kind of ambiguous: will this new color become her favorite after fine tuning, or will she let the bottle fry in the sun?

I've been meaning to see Being John Malkovitch too. I saw pieces of it before when it was on TV, but couldn't focus enough to stick with it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Joel - RCOAI (INFJ)
Clementine - SLUEI (ENTP)

I do however think that Clementine is an ENFP, but she is Sx and likely 784/748, so she's sorta inherently insane, hence the choice of egocentric over accommodating.

I just watched this movie with my boyfriend for the first time together, and it was striking to both of us the similarity in dynamic between them and us respectively. They are basically exaggerated crazier versions of us.

He tests RCOAI, and I test SLUEI.

Summary: I fucking love this movie.