First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Clem is not an N.
    She's much too scattered for that, there's no big-picture coherency to her behavior.
    She is about the most "in the moment" person I have ever seen, whether in cinema or in real life.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Clem is not an N.
    She's much too scattered for that, there's no big-picture coherency to her behavior.
    She is about the most "in the moment" person I have ever seen, whether in cinema or in real life.
    hmmm....i can be both those ways too. i think i have to disagree.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Clem is not an N.
    Totally agree with you. I hesitated between S and N, but now, I'm sure she's ESFP. Joel is an S too. I can see Mary as ENFP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    CAT

I'd have to agree with Clementine being an ENFP. I'd even go so far and say she's the ultimate ENFP archetype. I'd say that in her case, being scattered is more related to being a free-thinking artist than S. ALL (like, ALL) ENFPs I know are scattered and in the moment, even more than ESFPs I know. To the argument concerning the clothing style, no, this is NOT the ESFP "stylish and playful" Se way, this is the ENFP "imaginative" Ne way. I'm absolutely sure everything Clementine does mirrors her rich inner world, which she just has to "let out" into the outside world. She doesn't really care about the world as it is, but what it could be like. I even have an ENFP friend who identifies herself with Clementine to a T, including not only her lifestyle, but even such details as the constant changing of hair colour - they don't to that to be Se stylish, they just want to show who they really are, but can't really decide on that - totally NFP.

As to Joel, I honestly have no idea apart from him being an I. I do think there are a few clues pointing to him having a strong N, but to tell the truth I don't think there is enough information in the movie to figure his type out.
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I'd have to agree with Clementine being an ENFP. I'd even go so far and say she's the ultimate ENFP archetype. I'd say that in her case, being scattered is more related to being a free-thinking artist than S. ALL (like, ALL) ENFPs I know are scattered and in the moment, even more than ESFPs I know. To the argument concerning the clothing style, no, this is NOT the ESFP "stylish and playful" Se way, this is the ENFP "imaginative" Ne way. I'm absolutely sure everything Clementine does mirrors her rich inner world, which she just has to "let out" into the outside world. She doesn't really care about the world as it is, but what it could be like. I even have an ENFP friend who identifies herself with Clementine to a T, including not only her lifestyle, but even such details as the constant changing of hair colour - they don't to that to be Se stylish, they just want to show who they really are, but can't really decide on that - totally NFP.

As to Joel, I honestly have no idea apart from him being an I. I do think there are a few clues pointing to him having a strong N, but to tell the truth I don't think there is enough information in the movie to figure his type out.
    I agree....ENFPs seem more scatterbrained to me than ESFPs (who give off an airhead impression, even if they are not). I think its Ne randomness plus actually being less connected to the moment. I think she is following Ne whims and not Se impulses also. She runs with her idea in the moment, not with a physical sensation. IDK, she just reminds me of every ENFP I've known. I see some ESFP similarities, and my ESFP sister relates to her character though, but there's some major differences.

I can see Joel as ISFJ now actually. He's so withdrawn and depressed he is hard to type though.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ

Joel:ISFJ
    Clemintine: ESFP

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I thought Clementine was too eccentric to be an ESFP. I mean, my sister is ESFP, and while she is bubbly and all that, she is very precise about what she looks like (her clothes, her make-up, etc.,), and she really has a distaste for people who, in her words, "try to be different." And Clementine, to me, seemed to be way less precise about her appearance (she was actually downright sloppy, kind of hobo-esque), and was more concerned with just expressing herself, which made her seem more eccentric. Eccentric is the last thing I'd call my ESFP sister or any of the other ESFPs I've known.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I thought Clementine was too eccentric to be an ESFP. I mean, my sister is ESFP, and while she is bubbly and all that, she is very precise about what she looks like (her clothes, her make-up, etc.,), and she really has a distaste for people who, in her words, "try to be different." And Clementine, to me, seemed to be way less precise about her appearance (she was actually downright sloppy, kind of hobo-esque), and was more concerned with just expressing herself, which made her seem more eccentric. Eccentric is the last thing I'd call my ESFP sister or any of the other ESFPs I've known.
    Clementine is an ENFP, I think, but some SPs are very eccentric, actually. SP can be artistic, rebellious and punk rock or whatever, so it isn't completely ridiculous to suggest Clementine as being an ESFP.

Although SPs very much care about the way they look, it could still be an offbeat funky "look." When I think of someone who is "precise" about her appearance I think SJ or NJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I agree....ENFPs seem more scatterbrained to me than ESFPs (who give off an airhead impression, even if they are not). I think its Ne randomness plus actually being less connected to the moment. I think she is following Ne whims and not Se impulses also. She runs with her idea in the moment, not with a physical sensation. IDK, she just reminds me of every ENFP I've known. I see some ESFP similarities, and my ESFP sister relates to her character though, but there's some major differences.

I can see Joel as ISFJ now actually. He's so withdrawn and depressed he is hard to type though.
    Ne is definitely scattered. Ne is randomness.

She does have some qualities that make her seem SP, though, again I don't think it's totally off-base to suggest it. But I think ENFP.

MBTI
    ENTP

Clementine's always screamed ENFP to me.

I could never make a decision on Joel. Definitely some sort of IxxJ.
    In my defense, I am a terrible person.