User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 147

  1. #91
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Clem is not an N.
    She's much too scattered for that, there's no big-picture coherency to her behavior.
    She is about the most "in the moment" person I have ever seen, whether in cinema or in real life.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #92
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Clem is not an N.
    She's much too scattered for that, there's no big-picture coherency to her behavior.
    She is about the most "in the moment" person I have ever seen, whether in cinema or in real life.
    hmmm....i can be both those ways too. i think i have to disagree.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #93
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Clem is not an N.
    She's much too scattered for that, there's no big-picture coherency to her behavior.
    She is about the most "in the moment" person I have ever seen, whether in cinema or in real life.
    Totally agree with you. I hesitated between S and N, but now, I'm sure she's ESFP. Joel is an S too. I can see Mary as ENFP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  4. #94
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    I'd have to agree with Clementine being an ENFP. I'd even go so far and say she's the ultimate ENFP archetype. I'd say that in her case, being scattered is more related to being a free-thinking artist than S. ALL (like, ALL) ENFPs I know are scattered and in the moment, even more than ESFPs I know. To the argument concerning the clothing style, no, this is NOT the ESFP "stylish and playful" Se way, this is the ENFP "imaginative" Ne way. I'm absolutely sure everything Clementine does mirrors her rich inner world, which she just has to "let out" into the outside world. She doesn't really care about the world as it is, but what it could be like. I even have an ENFP friend who identifies herself with Clementine to a T, including not only her lifestyle, but even such details as the constant changing of hair colour - they don't to that to be Se stylish, they just want to show who they really are, but can't really decide on that - totally NFP.

    As to Joel, I honestly have no idea apart from him being an I. I do think there are a few clues pointing to him having a strong N, but to tell the truth I don't think there is enough information in the movie to figure his type out.
    Likes xXMariahXx liked this post

  5. #95
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I'd have to agree with Clementine being an ENFP. I'd even go so far and say she's the ultimate ENFP archetype. I'd say that in her case, being scattered is more related to being a free-thinking artist than S. ALL (like, ALL) ENFPs I know are scattered and in the moment, even more than ESFPs I know. To the argument concerning the clothing style, no, this is NOT the ESFP "stylish and playful" Se way, this is the ENFP "imaginative" Ne way. I'm absolutely sure everything Clementine does mirrors her rich inner world, which she just has to "let out" into the outside world. She doesn't really care about the world as it is, but what it could be like. I even have an ENFP friend who identifies herself with Clementine to a T, including not only her lifestyle, but even such details as the constant changing of hair colour - they don't to that to be Se stylish, they just want to show who they really are, but can't really decide on that - totally NFP.

    As to Joel, I honestly have no idea apart from him being an I. I do think there are a few clues pointing to him having a strong N, but to tell the truth I don't think there is enough information in the movie to figure his type out.
    I agree....ENFPs seem more scatterbrained to me than ESFPs (who give off an airhead impression, even if they are not). I think its Ne randomness plus actually being less connected to the moment. I think she is following Ne whims and not Se impulses also. She runs with her idea in the moment, not with a physical sensation. IDK, she just reminds me of every ENFP I've known. I see some ESFP similarities, and my ESFP sister relates to her character though, but there's some major differences.

    I can see Joel as ISFJ now actually. He's so withdrawn and depressed he is hard to type though.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  6. #96
    Senior Member Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Joel:ISFJ
    Clemintine: ESFP

  7. #97
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    I thought Clementine was too eccentric to be an ESFP. I mean, my sister is ESFP, and while she is bubbly and all that, she is very precise about what she looks like (her clothes, her make-up, etc.,), and she really has a distaste for people who, in her words, "try to be different." And Clementine, to me, seemed to be way less precise about her appearance (she was actually downright sloppy, kind of hobo-esque), and was more concerned with just expressing herself, which made her seem more eccentric. Eccentric is the last thing I'd call my ESFP sister or any of the other ESFPs I've known.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  8. #98
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I thought Clementine was too eccentric to be an ESFP. I mean, my sister is ESFP, and while she is bubbly and all that, she is very precise about what she looks like (her clothes, her make-up, etc.,), and she really has a distaste for people who, in her words, "try to be different." And Clementine, to me, seemed to be way less precise about her appearance (she was actually downright sloppy, kind of hobo-esque), and was more concerned with just expressing herself, which made her seem more eccentric. Eccentric is the last thing I'd call my ESFP sister or any of the other ESFPs I've known.
    Clementine is an ENFP, I think, but some SPs are very eccentric, actually. SP can be artistic, rebellious and punk rock or whatever, so it isn't completely ridiculous to suggest Clementine as being an ESFP.

    Although SPs very much care about the way they look, it could still be an offbeat funky "look." When I think of someone who is "precise" about her appearance I think SJ or NJ.

  9. #99
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I agree....ENFPs seem more scatterbrained to me than ESFPs (who give off an airhead impression, even if they are not). I think its Ne randomness plus actually being less connected to the moment. I think she is following Ne whims and not Se impulses also. She runs with her idea in the moment, not with a physical sensation. IDK, she just reminds me of every ENFP I've known. I see some ESFP similarities, and my ESFP sister relates to her character though, but there's some major differences.

    I can see Joel as ISFJ now actually. He's so withdrawn and depressed he is hard to type though.
    Ne is definitely scattered. Ne is randomness.

    She does have some qualities that make her seem SP, though, again I don't think it's totally off-base to suggest it. But I think ENFP.

  10. #100
    Member Bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Clementine's always screamed ENFP to me.

    I could never make a decision on Joel. Definitely some sort of IxxJ.
    In my defense, I am a terrible person.

Similar Threads

  1. Closing of the American Mind - a review
    By Sniffles in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 05:26 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Drowning inside the mythical mind of an INTP
    By Pseudonym_Alpha in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 09:14 AM
  3. The difference of the N and the S mind in Art and Music
    By wildcat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
  4. The Human Mind - the sum of its parts or something more?
    By Geoff in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 06:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO