User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    intp

ISFJ:
    Melanie (Gone With The Wind)
    David Copperfield (David Copperfield, Charles Dickens)

IxFJ:
    Elinor Dashwood (Sense And Sensibility, Jane Austen)
    Please someone tell wether she's an ISFJ or an INFJ!

NF:
    Sara Crewe (A Little Princess, F. H. Burnett)
    Perhaps she's an ENFJ?

ESTP:
    Scarlett O'Hara (Gone With The Wind)
    Heathcliffe (Wuthering Heights, Emily Bront)

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    If you're looking for a fictional INFJ, I would offer Sara Crew in The Little Princess (also by Frances Hodgson Burnett).
    Why not ENFJ?

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    IxFJ:
    Elinor Dashwood (Sense And Sensibility, Jane Austen)
    Please someone tell wether she's an ISFJ or an INFJ!
    In fact, I think0 she is an ISTJ or an INTJ. Definitely a thinker. It would match the idea of "sense", and provide a contrast for Marianne, who is ENFP. Anne Elliot in Persuasion is either an INFJ or an INFP, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri
    ESTP:
    Scarlett O'Hara (Gone With The Wind)
    Heathcliffe (Wuthering Heights, Emily Bront)
    I'm not sure if I agree with Scarlett O'Hara, but it suits Heathcliff just right. What type do you think Catherine is?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri
    Why not ENFJ?
    Well, she didn't strike me as an extrovert at all. She seemed a little more extroverted in the movie version with Shirley Temple, but in the book she seemed very distant and private to me, living in her head most of the time, even though she interacted with other people through Fe. I think Alfonso Cuaron was very truthful to this in his version from 1997, although even he pictured her a little less distant than she striked me in the book. Burnett was very good with introverted characters, I think.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not sure if I agree with Scarlett O'Hara, but it suits Heathcliff just right. What type do you think Catherine is?
    Scarlett = ENTJ - She is pretty controlling, albeit in a manipulative way

Heatcliffe = INTJ = went off, made money, came home to rub peoples noses in in.

Cathy = ESFP - possibly ENFP at a push....

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Heatcliffe = INTJ = went off, made money, came home to rub peoples noses in in.

Cathy = ESFP - possibly ENFP at a push....
    I know where you're coming from with Heathcliff, but I seriously don't think he's intuitive. He didn't show it a single time; he's all about being wild and passionate, he prefers action, and he doesn't show any morals. I don't think that all dark male characters who strive for vengeance are INTJs. If I compare Heathcliffe for example to Mr Darcy, I really fail to see any similarity apart from being charismatic. Cathy might be an ENFJ, actually. She is more of an extroverted feeler, and ill-behaved ENFJ might be pretty wild and passionate. She is also the typical 'fatal woman'... That's more of an ENFJ archetype, I think.

MBTI
    ENTP

I know where you're coming from with Heathcliff, but I seriously don't think he's intuitive. He didn't show it a single time; he's all about being wild and passionate, he prefers action, and he doesn't show any morals. I don't think that all dark male characters who strive for vengeance are INTJs. If I compare Heathcliffe for example to Mr Darcy, I really fail to see any similarity apart from being charismatic. Cathy might be an ENFJ, actually. She is more of an extroverted feeler, and ill-behaved ENFJ might be pretty wild and passionate. She is also the typical 'fatal woman'... That's more of an ENFJ archetype, I think.
    I can buy both of those

Cathy and an ENFJ....
    Heatthcliff as an ISTJ - I woulnd't have seen INTJs as striving fo revenge, more higher levels of performance.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Heatthcliff as an ISTJ - I woulnd't have seen INTJs as striving fo revenge, more higher levels of performance.
    I'd say that any type can strive for revenge It depends on their experiences. Heathcliff was referred by others as behaving like a wild animal (or something around these lines), which really doesn't sound ISTJ-ish at all.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, only based on the movie, I'd have to disagree. Again, I haven't read the book, but in the movie she seemed like an INFP. You're fully entitled to disagree, but I think so because everything she was doing was extremely based on Fi. She "punishes" all the people around her who somehow violate her values and morals and she fiercely protects her loved ones. Besides that, at the beginning she hermits herself in her fantasy world which she deeply loves (no analyzis whatsoever), which is also typical for NFs, as well as her desire to found someone who will understand her and love her. She would also definitely never put Te before Fi. I'm not trying to imply that real-life NTs can't do the same, but Matilda is a skillfully written character constituing a type of character, and that type would be INFP, imo. Perhaps in the book she was really more of a thinker, but bear in mind that mystical connections =/= INFP and theories and experiments =/= INTJ. Besides, INFPs are typically not too spontaneous (not every INFP is Anne Shirley ), and every plan requires planning, doesn't it? I wonder what the book Matilda is like, perhaps she came across different in the movie.
    True, all true, but the book is VERY different from the movie. In the movie, she gets her ideas by looking at things - by Ne, I would say. But in the book... not. Firstly she decides something needs to be done and then she starts thinking how, while 'looking' at the television like her parents want her to do. There are also scenes in the movie that were not there in the book - eg. when she gets into the house of Trunchbull, or when she destroys the television,... Nothing. Perhaps all this has been added to (1) make everything more visual (you can't watch a Ni working - but you can describe it), (2) get some action in it and (3) romanticize.
    The book Matilda is definitely a Judger. I would say a T too - she's practical and individualistic before she's caring.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    True, all true, but the book is VERY different from the movie. In the movie, she gets her ideas by looking at things - by Ne, I would say. But in the book... not. Firstly she decides something needs to be done and then she starts thinking how, while 'looking' at the television like her parents want her to do. There are also scenes in the movie that were not there in the book - eg. when she gets into the house of Trunchbull, or when she destroys the television,... Nothing. Perhaps all this has been added to (1) make everything more visual (you can't watch a Ni working - but you can describe it), (2) get some action in it and (3) romanticize.
    The book Matilda is definitely a Judger. I would say a T too - she's practical and individualistic before she's caring.
    Ok, you convinced me They might have altered the character in the movie, and the actress probably changed her vibe as well. It happens quite often, and it always pisses me off

But the book regardless, the movie was sweet.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ok, you convinced me They might have altered the character in the movie, and the actress probably changed her vibe as well. It happens quite often, and it always pisses me off
    Me too. It especially annoys me when they make everything 'easier' and 'more clear'.
    I guess that's also the reason for that Perceiver!Matilda. You just can't show her looking at the television for a while and expect the audience to know that she's actually plotting a revenge. (That's how it's described in the book) So you've got to 'show' somehow her train of thoughts in the environment. Also, spontaneity sells, doesn't it? Argh!
    I've watched the end of 'Charlotte's Web' - and it frustrated the heck out of me! Why all that talk at the end? The story was over when the pig was saved. I don't need you to explain the morale. (I don't know whether the book has the same endless explanations, as I haven't read it yet.)
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women