• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sin City

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sin_city.gif

I'm talking about the movie, but the thread is also about the comic, of course.

Part by part:

The Customer Is Always Right:
The Man: ESFP
The Customer: INTP

The Hard Goodbye
Marv: ISTP
Goldie/Wendy: ENFJ
Lucille: ENTJ
Kevin: INTP
Cardinal Roark: ENFJ
The Hitman: ISTJ
The Priest: INFJ

The Big Fat Kill
Dwight: ISTJ
Jacky Boy: ESTP
Gail: ESTP
Manute: ISTJ
Becky: ISFJ
Miho: ISTP
Shellie: ESFP

That Yellow Bastard
Hartigan: ISTJ
Nancy: ISFP
Roark Jr: ENTP
Roark Sr: ESTJ
Bob: ESTP
Liebowitz: ESTJ
Klump: ESTJ
Shlubb: ISFP

Bonus:
The Dame from A Dame to kill for: ENFJ
Frank Miller: ISTP
Robert Rodriguez: ESTP
Quentin Tarantino: ENTJ

Last edited:

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
agree with pretty much everything

dwight is an ISTP like marv i think

and jacky boy is most definitely an ESTP

edit: are you a big fan of BTVS? :D

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hah, Tarantino as an ENTJ makes some sense. He is a jackass (but a brilliant one).

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I could see Tarantino being an ENTJ.

He's pretty interesting if you've ever seen him in an interview.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hah, Tarantino as an ENTJ makes some sense. He is a jackass (but a brilliant one).

i agree, his movies are awesome but he does seem like a bit of an asshole at times

VagrantFarce

Tarantino's an ENTP :) If you want to compare him to an actual ENTJ, look at James Cameron.

I've always thought that Robert Rodriguez was an ESTP.

VagrantFarce

I'm suprised it's that easy to mix those two types up; one is a total bullshit-detector, the other specializes in bullshit. :D

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Doesn't surprise me at all.

They are both tricksters.

The ENTP tricks you for fun.

The ENTJ tricks you for your own good.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
lol i actually doubted the ENTJ myself some 15 minutes ago, turns out i don't have to post anything now :D

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
agree with pretty much everything

dwight is an ISTP like marv i think

No, Dwight was an ISTJ. He was too preoccupied with doing the right thing to be an ISTP.

Tarantino is an ENTP who is obssessed with his own genius (as many ENTPs are)

VagrantFarce

Is Tarantino on drugs, or is he always like that? I can't watch him for five minutes without wanting to wipe him down and gag him.

The one on one interviews aren't too bad (e.g. Charlie Rose), but he is hopelessly full of himself when he's in front of a crowd. :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[youtube=iywknqrgHQs]Quentin Tarantino Robert Rodriguez interview for Grindhouse[/youtube]

On this video, we can see Robert Rodriguez talk the least, but seems exciting, waiting impatiently a reason to move, waiting for more action: that is ESTP and not ENTP, yes. Quentin Tarantino shows a totally ENTJ mannerism, and, by the way, every NT tends to be obssesed with their genius, not only ENTP.:D I like the idea that the main creators of the movie are xSTP with the reserved role of the creator of the comic held by an ISTP, and the expressive role of the in-charge director held by an ESTP because Sin City is a total xSTP movie: it means action, fun, freedom, violence, and it's not emo, damn it!

I've edit my original post. Jacky boy is an ESTP, yes, and Bob is a one too: his state of mind is globally "I've betray you Hartigan, but don't take it personally, we can still good pal...by the way, can I help you ?". That's ESTP, not ESTJ.

Requiem: I'm a HUGE fan of BTVS.;)

VagrantFarce

If we're talking about body language, an ENTJ would be far more economical in their speech and movement than an ENTP, who wouldn't be able to sit still once excited. You see how Tarantino can barely start his first sentence without jumping from one thought to the other? :)

Here's an ENTJ being interviewed in a very similar set of circumstances for comparison:

[youtube=GQCtqQ1PCPg]ENTJ Body Language[/youtube]