User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I was thinking Stevie Wonder again (as I always suspected). Most believe he is INFJ, but he seemed a bit more ST earlier on. Otherwise, INFJ and ISTP are very close, cognitively. ("Supplement" type; the next closest after the I/E "Pal")

Many probably don't realize that he had had a severe accident with a log smacking him on the right side of the head in the 70's. (Almost died!) He then seemed to change a bit, seeming more right brain (P) before that, and it was after that when all of this N and especially F seemed to develop (along with J). It seems to figure that trauma to the right side of the head might possibly trigger a switch to the closest type on the left side of the brain.
    I had been planning to post a whole analysis looking at the themes of all of his songs (since he was grown and writing for himself), but just haven't had time.
    Also, being physically limited because of his blindness, might turn him more to the N side (TiNi, greatly resembling an INFJ's NiTi), but it seemed like from his youngest times, he displayed as much Se as he could. (Being rambunctious, a rebellious streak, etc). And of course, the Se comes out in being so good with misic, both performing and having a good ear for sounds. The ingenuity with it also seems like a dom. Ti.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

my take on bowie is entj with all of the entj/estp similarities. i see Ni.

stevie wonder seems like an sp to me, but admittedly i haven't done my research and don't really listen to his music much.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Stevie Wonder= xSFP, I think.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've think of Stevie as an enfp because of the whole god/vision/embrace the world sort of message his music seems to deliver.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post

stevie wonder seems like an sp to me, but admittedly i haven't done my research and don't really listen to his music much.
    I'll agree with you on Bowie, now that I have some real-life comparisons to think about. entj he is.

thinking of you

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Keef Richards
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

in the past, we have heard

pj harvey
    jimmy page
    john patitucci
    possibly frank zappa (intj or istp? i think istp)
    i'm guessing ted nugent

i'm also thinking, possibly,
    isaac brock 5w4?
    doug martsch
    rivers cuomo 3w4
    nick thorburn

they have that extremely difficult i will fuck with you you are wrong i will not back down kind of istp vibe to me. Ti with tertiary Ni, but mostly Se telling them they are right, right, right. very very confrontational and in love with conflict.

the next closest, i find, in outright rejection is infp in Fi Si mode.

and what the fuck is ben gibbard, is he in this category (bc i think i think he is). what are the enneagram types for these people. are there more guitar people in this type, or is it suprisingly songwritery?

j mascis was briefly considered as istp instead of infp as well. which i could possibly see.
    Might Nugent be enfp? He seems a bit out there with the fancy philosophical approach to killing animals.

PJ, Jimmy and Zappa are istps.

I still think Iggy's an intj simply because the guy projects what he wants to accomplish (in the Raw Power notes, he mentions that he set out make his stamp in history).

Rivers is a touchy infp.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    At the contrary, I've always been fascinating by singers and dancers and I love to sing and dance

Regarding to songwriting, I've never done that, even if I'm very good at writing according to my own experience on that field. I frequently improvize rap, though. I'm really versed in improvisation and above all interpretation, and sometimes writing, yes, but not songwriting.

By the way, the stereotypes about roles in a band I usually find are: behind-the-scene= drummer, chart-the-course= guitarist, getting-things-going= singer, dancer, in-charge= singer, manager, and I'm really more attracted by the "extroverts" roles.
    I didn't mean to exclude singing for ISTPs....my emphasis was actually on a preference to perform songs over writing songs. The way you express improvising over writing seems to confirm that. SPs seem to enjoy something for what it is, which is cool. I need a bigger reason.

For instance, my ISFP step-dad used to get together with his friends and just hang out and play guitar, but he never got into songwriting. Whereas, the only reason I'd ever want to play guitar is just to make something new with it...the physical process itself is not exciting to me. That's why, although I have a behind the scenes style, drumming would not be for me.

Bowie most definitely has strong Ni. I notice strong Ni users like to create personas for their public image that are very SP-like. I was thinking of Bat For Lashes who was types INFJ in another thread and an alternate persona she spoke of creating, ands it reminded me of Bowie and all his incarnations.

I would guess SP for Wonder also.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Miles Davis has always given off a very ISTP-ish vibe. He could well have been. Definitely one of the coolest guys ever.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Bowie ENTJ? I'm not buying it give me some more reasons why you think so.