User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ

Default The Family Stone

I am still on the fence about whether or not I like this movie but I do know that I like the dynamics of the people in the movie. Any thoughts?

Julie (Clare Danes)
    Sybil (Diane Keaton)
    Amy (Rachel McAdams)
    Everett (Dermot Mulroney)
    Kelly (Dad)
    Meredith (Sarah Jessica Parker)
    Ben (Luke Wilson)
    Thad (Deaf Brother)
    Susannah (Pregnant Sister)

MBTI
    INTJ

Julie: ENFP
    Sybil: ESTJ
    Amy: ISTP
    Everett: ISTJ
    Kelly: ISFP
    Meredith: ISTJ
    Ben: ESFP
    Thad: IXFX
    Susannah: ISFJ

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

This movie was hilariously bad, IMO. The only redeeming factor was this one part where Everett makes this awfully ugly crying face...I rewound that at least 20 times. Oh and the ill-placed attempts at throwing "comedy" in there, such as when Julie falls off of the bus. Terrible movie.

Oh also, the part where the father (Kelly?) scolds the horsefaced girl for no good reason other than that he's an oversensitive asshole made me want to throw something at the screen.

I don't know what the hell their types were. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say...

Julie: ENFP/INFP
    Sybil: bitch
    Amy: ESTP
    Everett: ISFJ
    Kelly: whogivesashit
    Thad: littlebitch
    Susannah: no idea

The dad, mom, and gay deaf boy made me very very angry. Not to mention how cliche it was to have the gay couple include a deaf guy and a black guy.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ?

The younger sister was Amy, right? I was told by several people that I reminded them of her personality-wise, which is weird 'cause I almost never get compared to any movie character. So... I'm gonna have to assume she's ISTJ

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    This movie was hilariously bad, IMO. The only redeeming factor was this one part where Everett makes this awfully ugly crying face...I rewound that at least 20 times. Oh and the ill-placed attempts at throwing "comedy" in there, such as when Julie falls off of the bus. Terrible movie.

Oh also, the part where the father (Kelly?) scolds the horsefaced girl for no good reason other than that he's an oversensitive asshole made me want to throw something at the screen.

I don't know what the hell their types were. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say...

Julie: ENFP/INFP
    Sybil: bitch
    Amy: ESTP
    Everett: ISFJ
    Kelly: whogivesashit
    Thad: littlebitch
    Susannah: no idea

The dad, mom, and gay deaf boy made me very very angry. Not to mention how cliche it was to have the gay couple include a deaf guy and a black guy.
    Yup, yup. That whole dinner scene with the mom tearfully telling her son how normal he is, as though he was so fragile that he needed her reassurance, was ridiculous.

MBTI
    INTJ

I know, I know. There are some really bad parts in this movie. But I do like movies about Christmas and family and I like most of the actors in the movie thus me being on the fence. I could do without the whole brother sister swap but I do think that Luke Wilson and Sarah Jessica Parker had good chemistry together.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I know, I know. There are some really bad parts in this movie. But I do like movies about Christmas and family and I like most of the actors in the movie thus me being on the fence. I could do without the whole brother sister swap but I do think that Luke Wilson and Sarah Jessica Parker had good chemistry together.
    I'm the same way about Christmas movies. I thought it was a laughably bad flick... but I watched it twice Still, even though the chemistry between Luke Wilson and SJP was MUCH better than the chemistry between Dermot Mulroney and Clare Danes, I wouldn't necessarily call it "good chemistry."

MBTI
    INTJ

The Clare Danes and Dermot Mulroney part was completely ridiculous and made no sense whatsoever.

MBTI
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    The Clare Danes and Dermot Mulroney part was completely ridiculous and made no sense whatsoever.
    Agreed. That awkward totem pole conversation stands as the best example of forced romantic comedy dialogue.