• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Family Stone

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am still on the fence about whether or not I like this movie but I do know that I like the dynamics of the people in the movie. Any thoughts?

Julie (Clare Danes)
Sybil (Diane Keaton)
Amy (Rachel McAdams)
Everett (Dermot Mulroney)
Kelly (Dad)
Meredith (Sarah Jessica Parker)
Ben (Luke Wilson)
Thad (Deaf Brother)
Susannah (Pregnant Sister)

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Julie: ENFP
Sybil: ESTJ
Amy: ISTP
Everett: ISTJ
Kelly: ISFP
Meredith: ISTJ
Ben: ESFP
Thad: IXFX
Susannah: ISFJ

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
This movie was hilariously bad, IMO. The only redeeming factor was this one part where Everett makes this awfully ugly crying face...I rewound that at least 20 times. Oh and the ill-placed attempts at throwing "comedy" in there, such as when Julie falls off of the bus. Terrible movie.

Oh also, the part where the father (Kelly?) scolds the horsefaced girl for no good reason other than that he's an oversensitive asshole made me want to throw something at the screen.

I don't know what the hell their types were. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say...

Julie: ENFP/INFP
Sybil: bitch
Amy: ESTP
Everett: ISFJ
Kelly: whogivesashit
Thad: littlebitch
Susannah: no idea

The dad, mom, and gay deaf boy made me very very angry. Not to mention how cliche it was to have the gay couple include a deaf guy and a black guy.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
The younger sister was Amy, right? I was told by several people that I reminded them of her personality-wise, which is weird 'cause I almost never get compared to any movie character. So... I'm gonna have to assume she's ISTJ :)

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
This movie was hilariously bad, IMO. The only redeeming factor was this one part where Everett makes this awfully ugly crying face...I rewound that at least 20 times. Oh and the ill-placed attempts at throwing "comedy" in there, such as when Julie falls off of the bus. Terrible movie.

Oh also, the part where the father (Kelly?) scolds the horsefaced girl for no good reason other than that he's an oversensitive asshole made me want to throw something at the screen.

I don't know what the hell their types were. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say...

Julie: ENFP/INFP
Sybil: bitch
Amy: ESTP
Everett: ISFJ
Kelly: whogivesashit
Thad: littlebitch
Susannah: no idea

The dad, mom, and gay deaf boy made me very very angry. Not to mention how cliche it was to have the gay couple include a deaf guy and a black guy.

Yup, yup. That whole dinner scene with the mom tearfully telling her son how normal he is, as though he was so fragile that he needed her reassurance, was ridiculous.

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I know, I know. There are some really bad parts in this movie. But I do like movies about Christmas and family and I like most of the actors in the movie thus me being on the fence. I could do without the whole brother sister swap but I do think that Luke Wilson and Sarah Jessica Parker had good chemistry together.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I know, I know. There are some really bad parts in this movie. But I do like movies about Christmas and family and I like most of the actors in the movie thus me being on the fence. I could do without the whole brother sister swap but I do think that Luke Wilson and Sarah Jessica Parker had good chemistry together.

I'm the same way about Christmas movies. I thought it was a laughably bad flick... but I watched it twice :) Still, even though the chemistry between Luke Wilson and SJP was MUCH better than the chemistry between Dermot Mulroney and Clare Danes, I wouldn't necessarily call it "good chemistry."

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
The Clare Danes and Dermot Mulroney part was completely ridiculous and made no sense whatsoever.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
The Clare Danes and Dermot Mulroney part was completely ridiculous and made no sense whatsoever.

Agreed. That awkward totem pole conversation stands as the best example of forced romantic comedy dialogue.