First 34567 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

It's also why she and Clint Eastwood has such amazing chemistry in the movie, The Bridges of Madison County. infj/istp is a great combo. I bet it surprised even them.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

^bingo
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    I just watched the video- She SCREAMS introverted intuition. Ni-Fe. INFJ for sure.

Personally, I think it's risky to try and type a person based on what you perceive their secondary function to be, because the secondary function is likely to be highly influenced by the dominant function. Always start with THE dominant function- in this case, introverted intuition.
    In fact, what you believe to be Ni is Ne.

With all types, where there is any doubt, the least fallible and most trouble-free process is to begin by describing what is actually there. In interview situations, one of the easiest things to do is to begin by noticing what function is hitting you right over the head, linguistically speaking. If you get bopped over the head, consistently, with open-ended perceptions about concrete physical realities, you may know nothing else, but you know you are dealing with an SP. If you are bludgeoned by definitive, universal organizational logic, you know you are dealing with a TJ. Obviously, some caveats apply--a sufficiently large sample, no desire on the part of the subject to deceive, etc.--and of course, noting the extroverted function doesn't tell you anything other than what it tells you. If you know someone extroverts thinking, for example, that knowledge in and of itself will not tell you if you are dealing with an ESTJ who is strongly dominant in Te, or an INTJ for whom Te is comparatively vestigial...

I am as Ne-dominant as you can possibly get, and I know it when I see it, believe me!
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    In fact, what you believe to be Ni is Ne.

With all types, where there is any doubt, the least fallible and most trouble-free process is to begin by describing what is actually there. In interview situations, one of the easiest things to do is to begin by noticing what function is hitting you right over the head, linguistically speaking. If you get bopped over the head, consistently, with open-ended perceptions about concrete physical realities, you may know nothing else, but you know you are dealing with an SP. If you are bludgeoned by definitive, universal organizational logic, you know you are dealing with a TJ. Obviously, some caveats apply--a sufficiently large sample, no desire on the part of the subject to deceive, etc.--and of course, noting the extroverted function doesn't tell you anything other than what it tells you. If you know someone extroverts thinking, for example, that knowledge in and of itself will not tell you if you are dealing with an ESTJ who is strongly dominant in Te, or an INTJ for whom Te is comparatively vestigial...
    If you are an intuitive who uses an introverted judging function, how accurate can you be relying on a sensory judging methodology, like watching people in vids and judging what function they use?

As for me, I see this kind of thing better with my peripheral vision, i.e. intuition, not looking it directly in the face.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    It's also why she and Clint Eastwood has such amazing chemistry in the movie, The Bridges of Madison County. infj/istp is a great combo. I bet it surprised even them.
    Clint is an ISTP, yes.

Sean Penn is another INFP, and he had equally great chemistry with Clint while making Mystic River.

I have had great working experiences with ISTPs.

None of us are INFJs.

You're an interesting character, McAngry- I'll give you that!
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    If you are an intuitive who uses an introverted judging function, how accurate can you be relying on a sensory judging methodology, like watching people in vids and judging what function they use?

As for me, I see this kind of thing better with my peripheral vision, i.e. intuition, not looking it directly in the face.
    I honestly have not constructed a hierarchy for which types are best at typing others, however I don't believe a strong preference for sensing is advantageous. INFPs of course use sensing, but as a funnel into iNtuition for most purposes.
    When it comes to you typing people--
    Remember, as the saying goes, introverted intuition is reliable, but it isn't infallible. Which is to say that you may be right using Ni much of the time and not going to the trouble to examine things more closely. But in some situations it might be better to use a another, or other functions...

This is a situation IMHO where you have jumped to x conclusion, but x is not supported by the evidence.

It can be touchy for me to deal with IN_J's in this situation, because once they have already made up their mind, once they've jumped on the Ni "thought train" they may be impervious to outside influences.

In any case, here's an MS interview: Meryl Streep Interview - Adaptation Movie

As is the case with INFP interviews, you see predominantly intuition supported by an internal compass of personal valuation/truth, but you also see a smattering of sensation and objective organizational logic...

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    It can be touchy for me to deal with IN_J's in this situation, because once they have already made up their mind, once they've jumped on the Ni "thought train" they may be impervious to outside influences.
    Yes, it is wise to fear the judgment of the One Ni. Tread carefully,and consider yourself warned.

As is the case with INFP interviews, you see predominantly intuition supported by an internal compass of personal valuation/truth, but you also see a smattering of sensation and objective organizational logic...
    Haha. Fecal, are you rambling?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com