User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    That sounds very Fi to me. Unless there's some 9th function no one's mentioned yet...
    Yeah, and Marlon was one of those INFPs who simply refused to temper his Fi-ness to the extent most other great INFP actors--say, Streep or Olivier--DO. That's not an easy path...

As another INFP wrote:
    If I'd thought about it I never would've done it,
    I guess I would've let it slide,
    If I'd lived my life by what others were thinkin',
    The heart inside of me would've died.
    I was just too stubborn to ever be governed
    By enforced insanity,
    Someone had to reach for the risin' star,
    I guess it was up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Hate to quibble*, but surely he would be a manslut, not a manwhore?
    Of course, if you really want to get technical:

whore (hr, hr)
    n.
    1. A prostitute.
    2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
    3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

Marlon was a Trifecta of Whoredom.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Oh yes. Absolutely sure. Marlon was very reclusive, shy and abstract.

The part beginning at about 3:12 is fantastic. Exceedingly bright guy: YouTube - Marlon Brando Interview 1965 part 1
    He reminded me quite a bit of Johnny Depp in this one, which he was good friends with until he died.
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Yeah, and Marlon was one of those INFPs who simply refused to temper his Fi-ness to the extent most other great INFP actors--say, Streep or Olivier--DO. That's not an easy path...
    Not all "Fi-ness" is extreme....and other Fi values naturally temper the extreme values. Hence the inner conflict associated with Fi. Conflict can come in the form of values vs. desires also. Stronger Fi-doms tend to let their values conquer, and that can quell the conflict.

What's the evidence that Brando is not ISFP? That would've been my first guess, but that's just a guess.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

W00t she said ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Marlon Brando is no INFP. He's a total artisan. Even Kiersey writes this in his book. I'd say ISTP. Feel free to explain how you came to your conclusion because I would love to hear it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Marlon Brando is no INFP. He's a total artisan. Even Kiersey writes this in his book. I'd say ISTP. Feel free to explain how you came to your conclusion because I would love to hear it.
    What is the SP obsession with Keirsey? Is it because he types every single artistic person as SP? There ARE iNuitive artists.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    What is the SP obsession with Keirsey? Is it because he types every single artistic person as SP? There ARE iNuitive artists.
    Keirsey defines a type as a mere collection of personality qualities. In his system, an SP is by definition an artist. Thus, it stands to reason that he would type nearly every single person as artistic.

By his lights, an intelligent person is an NT, a conscientious and a conservative is an SJ and of course, an idealistic person an NF. This system has virtues as it allows simple 'MBTI folks' plenty of opportunities to gossip about their friends and have an entertaining conversation about one another's personalities, but from f purely scholarly and analytical perspective; it is nearly worthless.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I don't think most artists are SP's. However, a few of them stand out as SP's, and Marlon Brando is one of them. It's funny you say that though because it seems to me that most NF's on here think every talented actor is an INFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Keirsey defines a type as a mere collection of personality qualities. In his system, an SP is by definition an artist. Thus, it stands to reason that he would type nearly every single person as artistic.

By his lights, an intelligent person is an NT, a conscientious and a conservative is an SJ and of course, an idealistic person an NF. This system has virtues as it allows simple 'MBTI folks' plenty of opportunities to gossip about their friends and have an entertaining conversation about one another's personalities, but from f purely scholarly and analytical perspective; it is nearly worthless.
    Yeah, I'm not a Keirsey fan either

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    I don't think most artists are SP's. However, a few of them stand out as SP's, and Marlon Brando is one of them. It's funny you say that though because it seems to me that most NF's on here think every talented actor is an INFP.
    I think Brando may be SP also (as you can see in an earlier post of mine in this thread). There is a lot of N bias here, true, but there are mostly Ns posting. Every type seems to want to claim those they admire for their own type...SPs are no exception there, and I just noticed they like to quote Keirsey a lot. Being more an artist than an altruist, I happen to find that particular stereotype annoying.