123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Default How I Met Your Mother/Friends Show

I am not a tv junkie, I swear. I actually can't just watch tv, it melts my brain. But, I do very obsessively watch a handful of shows. These two are shows that soothes me to sleep. I have really vivid nightmares.

How I Met Your Mother

Ted - total ISFJ - conservative, romantic, relationship-oriented
    Barney - total ENTJ - always coming up with 'rules' and 'strategies'
    Robin - ENTP - strikes me as being rational, could she be ENTJ too?
    Marshall - ENFP - mushy, but 'voice of reason' ?? could he be ENTP?
    Lily - ISFP - semi-duals with Marshall, teaches kindergarten, was part of 'goth' subculture, artist

Friends

Chandler - ENTP - sarcasm, later career - advertising!
    Joey - ESTP - bold, commitment phobia, tough guy persona when not around friends
    Monica - ESFJ - very emotional and take-charge, competitive and obsessive
    Rachel - ESFP - fun oriented, love for fashion, boy-crazy
    Phoebe - INFP - yup
    Ross - ISFJ - emotional and sensitive, responsible, practical, put off by Phoebe's crazy theories

MBTI
    ENTP

Robin is definitely an ENTP--decides to go to Tokyo and then decides to come back right away.
    Marshall--I think he's totally an F...among other things, he's forgotten more about microwaving fat-free popcorn and watching Sandra Bullock movies than I'll ever know .

MBTI
    INTJ

There is already a Friends thread but I don't think that there is a How I Met Your Mother thread yet.

Ted - ISTJ

Barney - ENTJ

Robin - ENTX (when I think about P vs. J seperately I would say P but she seems more ENTJish as a whole to me)

Marshall - ENFP (definitely not an ENTP, imo).

Lily - ISFJ

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Ted - ISTJ
    I'd say that Ted is an INFJ. My husband is an INFJ and they are shockingly similar. Hilariously so.

MBTI
    INTJ

The only Friends character I would disagree with is Joey, ESFP.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by elizamay View Post
    I'd say that Ted is an INFJ. My husband is an INFJ and they are shockingly similar. Hilariously so.
    yeah, I was actually going to say IXXJ. All four possibilities make sense to me in different ways.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    How I Met Your Mother

Ted - total ISFJ - conservative, romantic, relationship-oriented
    Barney - total ENTJ - always coming up with 'rules' and 'strategies'
    Robin - ENTP - strikes me as being rational, could she be ENTJ too?
    Marshall - ENFP - mushy, but 'voice of reason' ?? could he be ENTP?
    Lily - ISFP - semi-duals with Marshall, teaches kindergarten, was part of 'goth' subculture, artist
    Ted - ENFP
    Barney - ESTJ
    Robin - IXTJ
    Marshall - ENFJ
    Lily - ENFP

I have absolutely no idea how the hell you typed them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    There is already a Friends thread but I don't think that there is a How I Met Your Mother thread yet.
    There is.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Ha. I don't know how you typed them. I am a pretty fast typer whereas I have noticed that INTJs spend their time gathering up information. I sort of look a person up and down and go with my gut. If I think about it too long, I get confused but my first gut instinct is often right.

Ted - ENFP - can't be, he is over-the-top romantic, but very responsible, practical, dutiful, and not a social butterfly, he is def. an introvert to me, he is not afraid of settling down and living a 'normal' life while enfps are more adventurous than that, and more fickle, not to say that enfps are fickle but just more fickle than isfjs, he was adamant about not wanting to raise kids in Argentina whereas most enfps I believe would be thrilled at such a stimulating chance

Barney - ESTJ - hmm, he seems too goofy and unconventional

Robin - IXTJ - she is a total extrovert, too crazy to be an introverted-logical type

Marshall - ENFJ - I can't imagine him being a J, he is not rigid at all, he is a free-flow-er, very laid-back

Lily - ENFP - perhaps, this might explain her trip to San Francisco, but she seem to have uptight morals

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Ha. I don't know how you typed them. I am a pretty fast typer whereas I have noticed that INTJs spend their time gathering up information. I sort of look a person up and down and go with my gut. If I think about it too long, I get confused but my first gut instinct is usually right.

Ted - ENFP - can't be, he is over-the-top romantic, but very responsible, practical, dutiful, and not a social butterfly, he is def. an introvert to me, he is not afraid of settling down and living a 'normal' life while enfps are more adventurous than that, and more fickle, not to say that enfps are fickle but just more fickle than isfjs, he was adamant about not wanting to raise kids in Argentina whereas most enfps I believe would be thrilled at such a stimulating chance

Barney - ESTJ - hmm, he seems too goofy and unconventional

Robin - IXTJ - she is a total extrovert, too crazy to be an introverted-logical type

Marshall - ENFJ - I can't imagine him being a J, he is not rigid at all, he is a free-flow-er, very laid-back

Lily - ENFP - perhaps, this might explain her trip to San Francisco, but she seem to have uptight morals
    I have observed the character's types thoroughly throughout watching the whole show and came to my conclusion.

I'll try to make this as brief as possible.

For one Ted is an NF. He looks towards the distant future quite a bit and 'has visions' of his ideal life. He is most definitely a romantic idealist. He didn't want to become a professor because of his dreams to make great buildings. Everyone else had to push him to make his decision.
    He is an E because he never needs to be alone. When he meets new people he is very good at communication and is very open to them. He does not need time to be alone. He welcomes new people and friends very easily.
    He is a P because he likes to wait for the best options. Most of the time he wouldn't make decisions until things are clear to him.
    He was ready to follow Robin to wherever she would go, even argentina. ENFP.
    Also any introvert would never steal a smurf penis for the sake of romantic ideals. Ted is most definitely an E.
    Also Ted mostly uses Ne and Fi.

Barney is almost definitely an ESTJ.
    E because he needs to be around people
    S because he is practical. He doesn't look towards a future. He lives in the now.
    T for obvious reasons
    J ... He screams J. His apartment, suit, choices, etc. Everything is J.

Easily observable, Robin values her time when she is alone. She is an Introvert. You are thinking Introverts cannot act extroverted around their friends? False thinking. She is usually reserved when meeting new people.
    X because she has qualities of both intuitives and sensors
    T because she can be brutally honest. She's definately not an F
    J because she makes her choices quickly. She never waits to see the available options. Her dressing style is very J as well.

Marshall is very easily a J. Organised in his studies, work, graphs and suit. Gets very good grades. Studies hard and tries to fix any mistakes. When he has time he can relax but that wouldn't have much to do with type. He makes his decisions quickly and is very responsible with what he has to do. He doesn't use Ne but uses Ni which cause him to believe in the supernatural to a far extent. His Fe function allows him to understand people around him.

ENFP can have very uptight morals. If something goes against their values or beliefs they can throw it away. This is Fi working here.