User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 78

  1. #21
    Senior Member Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    426

    Default

    I'm sorry but Ted is not an ENFP. No way. That clip does not seem ENFPish to me at all.

    Barney as an ESTJ? Possibly. Not sold but I can see how he could be an ESTJ.

  2. #22
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I'm sorry but Ted is not an ENFP. No way. That clip does not seem ENFPish to me at all.
    Delusions are bliss aren't they. Go believe whatever you think Ted is.

  3. #23
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Ted - ENFP
    Barney - ENTJ
    Robin - ISTJ
    Marshall - ?
    Lily - ESFP

  4. #24
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Hey, as an INTJ, what do you get from the show? I thought INTJs don't like romantic comedies. The one I knew liked documentaries and the science channel.

    Also, your blind spots with typing comes from the general INTJ blind spot of being unable to predict people's emotional motives, also you're not naturally adapt at picking up the subtle connections between people. When I type, I take into consideration all the connective relations, not just the individual and their functions. Not to say that INTJs are not competent in typing, just not as good as I am. Just kidding. Really, Barney is ENTJ! And Ted is so ISFJ.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Hey, as an INTJ, what do you get from the show? I thought INTJs don't like romantic comedies. The one I knew liked documentaries and the science channel.

    Also, your blind spots with typing comes from the general INTJ blind spot of being unable to predict people's emotional motives, also you're not naturally adapt at picking up the subtle connections between people. When I type, I take into consideration all the connective relations, not just the individual and their functions. Not to say that INTJs are not competent in typing, just not as good as I am. Just kidding. Really, Barney is ENTJ! And Ted is so ISFJ.
    Ted is most definitely not an ISFJ, he's clearly NF, and if you want to learn how to type people accurately, the functions are extremely useful. Going just by 'first hunch' can be very deceiving. My first hunch of my father was ISFP, second hunch INTP, and only looking at the functions I understood he was clearly an INFP, which should have been clear from the beginning because he's basically very much like me. Personally I have to make a 'big picture' of the person, and then just use common sense. The principle of typing is easy if you know what it's really all about. And resorting to insults is dumb, type regardless.

  6. #26
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Hey, as an INTJ, what do you get from the show? I thought INTJs don't like romantic comedies. The one I knew liked documentaries and the science channel.

    Also, your blind spots with typing comes from the general INTJ blind spot of being unable to predict people's emotional motives, also you're not naturally adapt at picking up the subtle connections between people. When I type, I take into consideration all the connective relations, not just the individual and their functions. Not to say that INTJs are not competent in typing, just not as good as I am. Just kidding. Really, Barney is ENTJ! And Ted is so ISFJ.
    Your comment is extremely stereotypical. I'm an INTJ therefore I'm not capable of watching romantic comedies? I'm an INTJ therefore I take no consideration of connective relations? I'm an INTJ therefore I'm worse at typing people than an INFJ? Please do not judge people when barely knowing them. And please do not judge a person by the stereotype of their type. It's stupid, immature and annoying. I know you meant no offense but this is something that I would just like to point out. Apologies if I seemed too harsh.

    I can accept that Barney is an EXTJ but not a full blown ENTJ. I cannot accept that Ted is an ISFJ simply because he isn't. He is typically an ENFP.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Oh, I apologize profusely. I wasn't resorting to insults at all. INTJs know their blind spot and I was basing it on the one INTJ I knew very well. I didn't mean to be offensive at all.

    I was just wondering, out of curiosity, what you get from romantic comedies? I am trying to fill out the empty spaces in my head, lol. And I pointed out the blind spot just to wonder how that is taken into consideration when you type people.

    I go by the functions too, but I just meant that I also use my strong point, which is not something the INTJ naturally have. I wasn't being cocky or anything, just blunt and to the point. I am doing all of this out of curiosity, really.

    Again, I am sorry and I hate to be stereotypical/etc.

  8. #28
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Oh, I apologize profusely. I wasn't resorting to insults at all. INTJs know their blind spot and I was basing it on the one INTJ I knew very well. I didn't mean to be offensive at all.

    I was just wondering, out of curiosity, what you get from romantic comedies? I am trying to fill out the empty spaces in my head, lol. And I pointed out the blind spot just to wonder how that is taken into consideration when you type people.

    I go by the functions too, but I just meant that I also use my strong point, which is not something the INTJ naturally have. I wasn't being cocky or anything, just blunt and to the point. I am doing all of this out of curiosity, really.

    Again, I am sorry and I hate to be stereotypical/etc.
    No need for apology. I knew you meant no offense.

    I don't usually watch romantic comedies. I don't really watch T.V. at all actually. The exceptions are House, How I met your mother and The Office. I usually just watch them for entertainment purposes but I also observe the characters trying to find out how their mind works and their personalities. Usually because I'm vastly interested in psychology so that I can understand people.

    Do not underestimate our minds. What I mean by this is that the blind spot can be overcome. Know that we have the ability to willingly change our personalities and therefore we are allowed to see the views and perspectives of the other personality types. I'm not so sure if we can permanently change it though.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I can accept that Barney is an EXTJ but not a full blown ENTJ. I cannot accept that Ted is an ISFJ simply because he isn't. He is typically an ENFP.
    I'm glad we reached some consensus. Actually, I can see where you're coming from with Barney being an ESTJ; my boyfriend is an ISTJ and he's exactly the 'Suit up!' kind of guy. But I still think that Barney accepted this image primarily to look cool and to be able to carry out his evil plans more effectively. I'd say that the video you linked here screams Te, not Si. But he certainly shows some S qualities, so ExTJ would fit (if it existed, which is arguable).

    About Ted, I'm starting to see your point and it's possible you're quite right. He certainly does show a lot of Ne, and often kind of 'forgets' about his Fi. But I still think it'd make him just a mild extrovert, and very phlegmatic at that.

  10. #30
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I was just wondering, out of curiosity, what you get from romantic comedies?
    I'd love to experience real life situations as every other type does, this is kind of a substitute for that. Plus, it's funny. That's all.

Similar Threads

  1. Barney Stinson from HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: ESTP or ENTJ?
    By HIMYMfan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 07:38 PM
  2. How I Met Your Mother [TV show]
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 11:25 PM
  3. How I Met Your Mother
    By Xyk in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 01:55 AM
  4. How I met your Mother
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO