• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dave Chappelle

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think he's an INTP. What do you think? He kind of has that introverted veneer, and he lives in a little hippie town in Ohio, struggles with being famous. Definitely has a P attitude.

[YOUTUBE="FLwyox3DpAo"]Dave Chappelle - Inside the Actor's Studio Part 3[/YOUTUBE]

VagrantFarce

I've seen him typed as ENFP, which I think is far, far more accurate than INTP. He talks about how his father told him to "name your price, and don't go any higher", which screams Fi-Si to me. Plus he just seems so damned extraverted to me, he only seems introverted here because he's really opening up in front of a large crowd, instead of just performing.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Good question.

xNTP. I could see INTP. His jaunt to Africa suggests an underdeveloped Feeling side. That, and he stuck up for Cosby's ill-formed racial comment, which suggests a willingness to voice his personal opinion, irrespective of external pressure to conform. Independence of mind is a good NP marker.

NP, at least.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm going with enfj. perhaps a 3w4 (regardless of mb type).

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think he's an enfp. i don't think not wanting to be famous necessarily makes him an introvert.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram 7w6 ENTP

ENTP is most probable. He does a lot of his own spoofs mocking others. Some of his skits are very similar to weird Al Yankovich's style of comedy, who is widely accepted as ENTP. Some of his punch lines and absurd ideas have alot of sting to them. Like NT humor. For example: "imagine if the cure for cancer was in Michael Jacksons dick. All those sick kids in his house miraculously never died" or something to that extent. LOL. Seemingly quite apathetic, which I associate with NT.

ENFP I could see as well. Though he seems far from being an Idealist. I just dont get that NF vibe from him.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Shot in the dark: INFP, for basically the same reasons others have assumed (as far as the individual characteristics; I think I'm the first to suggest this particular combination). Second guess would be ENFP; I could easily be reading too much into the way he left his show and seemed to react to fame.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would bet on him being ENFP. He resembles a personal ENFP male friend I have.

ENFP:
--initiating over responding
--informing over directing
--motive over structure
--affiliative over pragmatic

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram 7w6 ENTP

ENTP is most probable. He does a lot of his own spoofs mocking others. Some of his skits are very similar to weird Al Yankovich's style of comedy, who is widely accepted as ENTP. Some of his punch lines and absurd ideas have alot of sting to them. Like NT humor. For example: "imagine if the cure for cancer was in Michael Jacksons dick. All those sick kids in his house miraculously never died" or something to that extent. LOL. Seemingly quite apathetic, which I associate with NT.

ENFP I could see as well. Though he seems far from being an Idealist. I just dont get that NF vibe from him.

cynicism is just failed idealism ;) ... (regarding his "lack" of idealism and his apathy).

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think only an NF would walk away from that huge tv contract to re-evaluate himself. I mean, an SP might get bored with the job, but they'd still find a way to cash the checks. Dave actually said he had feelings of guilt about making so much money and "selling out." It takes an NF I think.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say INFJ. I can't exactly explain why; it's just an impression.

Dave Chappelle said:
I was doing sketches that were funny but socially irresponsible. I felt I was deliberately being encouraged and I was overwhelmed.

I don't think many NTP comedians are concerned with being socially irresponsible. I think there's a big Fe component to a lot of Chappelle's ideals and his humor is usually a combination of base Se slapstick and really powerful between-the-lines NiFe social commentary. Part of the reason he's so popular is that you can take him at face value and get a cheap laugh, but you can also dig deeper into what he's saying and take a really serious message from it...always an undercurrent of, "This is what's really going on, but you people don't realize it because you're not paying attention."

He makes light of the things he talks about, but you can tell that behind the humor he really deeply cares about making a serious point. The humor seems like a cathartic front for dealing with all the injustice he finds in the world around him and how much the full implications of it (which are more readily apparent to him as an Ni dom than they are to most people) really hurt him on the inside.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dave Chappelle has a lack of Fi. He was the only comedian to go so far with racist jokes that he was threatened by certain famous black celebrities not to do a 3rd season.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[YOUTUBE="aUmYGLIubho"]A lot of Ne here[/YOUTUBE]

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dave Chappelle has a lack of Fi. He was the only comedian to go so far with racist jokes that he was threatened by certain famous black celebrities not to do a 3rd season.

If I can even figure out the point you're getting, that sounds more to me like, if anything, a lack of Fe. But even then, it's kind of a presumptuous attempt at showing a lack of Fe.

Yet another example of difficulties in typing celebrities. They are famous, public figures. It is incredibly hard to gauge them on their reaction to others because there are so many others to react to. You can't even tell who the person is ignoring, defying, or obeying.

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
Mocking the less fortunate. Laughing at someone who got taser'd in public. Poking fun at Michael Jacksons trials and tribulations. Joking about RKelly peeing on 15 year olds. Does that really seem NF to you?

YouTube - Dave Chappelle "Don't Tazer Me Maaann!"
2:23 "I connect dots that maybe shouldn't be connected" - Ne

YouTube - Dave Chappelle interview 2002
Seems dominant-Ne in his interview. Lots of crazy ideas he's talking about there.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I can even figure out the point you're getting, that sounds more to me like, if anything, a lack of Fe. But even then, it's kind of a presumptuous attempt at showing a lack of Fe.
I knew it would be mentioned. It was after I posted when I realised the mistake in what I said. Anyways, I'd say he's an Ne-dom yet whether he is an ENFP or ENTP is a bit hard to say.