• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NWA (and various others gangsta rappers)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nwa.jpg

I'm talking about one of the most fabolous band of all times!

My guessing is:

Ice Cube: ESTJ
Mc Ren: INTP
Easy-E: ISTP
Dj Yella: ISFJ
Dre: ISTP
Arabian Prince: ESFJ (?)
The D.O.C: ISTJ? INTJ?
Krasy Dee: ENTJ

Others gangsta rappers:

Snoop Dogg: ENTP (totally)
Ice-T: ENTP
Tupac Shakur: ENFJ
Too Short: ENTJ
Scarface: ESTP
The Game: ISTJ
50 Cent: ISFJ
Tony Yayo: ISFJ
Rick Ross: ISTP
Juicy J: ESTP
DJ Paul: ESFP
Young Buck: ESFP
Xzibit: ESTP

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I've heard Dr. Dre is INTJ.

'Gangsta' rappers:
Ludacris: ESTP
Young Jeezy: ISTP
T.I.: ISTJ
50 Cent: ISxJ
Lil' Wayne: ESxP

Poetic rappers
Jay-Z: ENTJ
Lupe Fiasco: xNFP
Kanye West: ENFP
Nas: INFP
Talib Kweli: INTP

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What makes you think Easy E was an "I dom" I always got the impression Easy was and E?

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've heard both intj and istp for Dre before; I lean towards intj, but I could see both
I agree on Ice Cube as ESTJ, but I think Eazy's probably ESTP. Don't know enough about the other members.

2Pac-unhealthy enfp, maybe esfp but no way was he an enfj no matter how romanticized he becomes
Ice-T- estp. Incidentally, I think he blows.
Snoop Dogg-xstp
Q-Tip-infp
Phife Dog-esfp
Andre 3000-ixfp
Big Boi-esfp
Chuck D-extj
Flavor Flav-esfp
Method Man-estp
ODB-esfp
RZA-intp
Sluug-inxp
Immortal Technique-entp
Jay-Z-intj
Will Smith (lolz)-esfp
Pete Rock-infj

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've heard Dr. Dre is INTJ.

I was actually hesitating between ISTP and INTJ, and I finally think he's rather INTJ, yes.

'Gangsta' rappers:
Ludacris: ESTP
Young Jeezy: ISTP
Yes!
From the Wu-Tang-Clan, I say Method Man is ESTP and that Ghostface Killah, Ol'Dirty Bastard and GZA are ISTPs

T.I.: ISTJ
:huh: Hummm, rather ENTP, I think.

50 Cent: ISxJ
According to the film Get Rich Or Die Tryin', he's rather a feeler.

Lil' Wayne: ESxP
I say ENFP for Lil'Wayne

Poetic rappers
Jay-Z: ENTJ
I'm not as sure than you about the E, but he's an xNTJ without no doubt.

Lupe Fiasco: xNFP
Yes, I see him as an introvert.

Kanye West: ENFP
ESFJ (with good Ne, though)

Nas: INFP
OK
Talib Kweli: INTP
I see him rather as an INFJ or an INTJ, but totally IN, yes. Wicleaf Jean from The Fugees is a true INTP, him.

What makes you think Easy E was an "I dom" I always got the impression Easy was and E?
My typing is based on the character of Ryder in GTA: San Andreas, who is a caricature of Easy-E and, so, he seems rather ISTP. In video clip, he seems a little more an extrovert, but he could have been a introvert expending his energy. I'm sure about the STP. I've wroten that Easy-E was ISTP and Scarface an ESTP, but it maybe the contrary.

2Pac-unhealthy enfp, maybe esfp but no way was he an enfj no matter how romanticized he becomes
The cult around the personality of 2pac and his consciousness for the group make me see him as an ENFJ. Many people see him as a sort of prophet and he had definitely an In-Charge interaction style.
Ice-T- estp. Incidentally, I think he blows.
Snoop Dogg-xstp
Ice-T and Snoop are ENTP, they have that phlegmatic and nebulous side that xSTPs usually have not.

Andre 3000-ixfp
Yeah, OK, I think Slum Village is an IxFP too, rather ISFP

Chuck D-extj
Flavor Flav-esfp
Chuck D ENTJ, and Flav' is an ESFP, yes of course!

INTJ, GZA is more likely to be INTP, him.
Will Smith (lolz)-esfp
Will Smith is the ENFP prototype!:D

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
:huh: Hummm, rather ENTP, I think.

Nah, no way T.I. is ENTP. The dude makes a living by rapping about what happened in his past and oozes pure Si. He's a raw ISTJ, his verses also spew Introverted Feeling (Fi). Stresses the importance of all kinds of values, things I identify with.

Check these out -

YouTube - Live Your Life- T.I (feat.) Rihanna + Lyrics! *5 million views YEAH!!!* (go to 2:50 and listen till 3:37)

YouTube - [NEW] T.I. - No Matter What(Lyrics)

YouTube - TI feat Justin Timberlake-Dead And Gone [REAL VERSION NOT FAKE]

He takes the events that happened to him in his past to try and learn from them to be a better man in the future. Si and Fi working together at their best. ISTJ.

But you appear to be right on the other rappers.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dude, rappers are like the opposite of SJ. learning from events in the past is Ne, Si is preserving past methods that work. guess I'll take a shot at it tho
50 cent: ?STP or ?NTJ
Lloyd Banks: INTJ
Ludacris: ENFP, ESFP or ESTP
Chamillionnaire: ENFP or ENFJ
Nelly: ESFP
Lil Wayne: ??FP probs ISFP
Snoop: E?TP
Will Smith: ENFP

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
50 cent is ENTJ.

While his music is kind of "meh" in my opinion the real place where he shines is marketing.
Hes created, on his own, an entire brand centering around himself with video games, clothing, his own flavor of vitamin water, ect. Hes all about image and marketing.

Plus he somehow managed to turn getting shot 8 times into profit. Only an ENTJ could do that.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
dude, rappers are like the opposite of SJ. learning from events in the past is Ne

not necessarly, where have you seen that? Rap is a mainstream culture and that bring many SJs. Many Holywood actors are SJs and many rappers are SJs also. Rappers often begin by using past methods that worked before improve their own style. Also, rappers, especially Gangsta Rappes, are reliable and take pride of their street, their gang, their social position, their state, their fidelity to their "brothers", to their mother, to their family, are macho and defend traditionalistic values and societal opinions. So, a gangsta rapper can totally be SJ, I'm even wondering if the most part of them are not of this temperament.

50 cent seems ISFJ to me.

Yes, I think he is too. Probably a 9 also.

KDude

Andre 3000 isn't gangsta rap :laugh:

But yeah, ISFP, I think.

ENFJ might be the perfect type for 2Pac...couldn't figure him out, but that makes sense now. He knows how to act ESTP though. "Peep the game".

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inSazDy69MM]/[/youtube]

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
INFJ - Kanye West, Nas, Immortal Technique, Eminem
INTJ - Jay-Z
ENFP - Tupac, Lupe Fiasco, DMX
ISTP - 50 Cent

H

Hate

50 cent is ENTJ. While his music is kind of "meh" in my opinion the real place where he shines is marketing.
Hes created, on his own, an entire brand centering around himself with video games, clothing, his own flavor of vitamin water, ect. Hes all about image and marketing.

Plus he somehow managed to turn getting shot 8 times into profit. Only an ENTJ could do that.

He got shot nine times actually... and his music is probably "meh" to you because you've probably never sold crack.... and on top of all that... just because he's been successful at marketing himself... doesn't mean he's ENTJ..

not necessarly, where have you seen that? Rap is a mainstream culture and that bring many SJs. Many Holywood actors are SJs and many rappers are SJs also. Rappers often begin by using past methods that worked before improve their own style. Also, rappers, especially Gangsta Rappes, are reliable and take pride of their street, their gang, their social position, their state, their fidelity to their "brothers", to their mother, to their family, are macho and defend traditionalistic values and societal opinions. So, a gangsta rapper can totally be SJ, I'm even wondering if the most part of them are not of this temperament.

I think the key word you used is "mainstream".. I thought we were talking about real gangsta rappers here... but any real gangsta rapper is unlikely to be SJ... I know plenty of gangsters and plenty gangster rappers and they are not SJ.. I think the fake wannabe ones on the radio is what you're referring to.

Yeah... I found that kind of laughable myself.

ENFJ might be the perfect type for 2Pac...couldn't figure him out, but that makes sense now. He knows how to act ESTP though. "Peep the game".

Indeed KDude... Pac is definitely ENFJ...I'm pretty good at spotting my own type when they don't fit the stereotype and he definitely fits the bill...

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I have a strong feeling that Pac was an ENFP. Lupe Fiasco is most definately an ENFP. Don't know about Kanye, but i have a strong inclination that he isn't one of us. Not because I dont like him, because I do.

But yeah, ISFP, I think.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inSazDy69MM]/[/youtube]

In that interview and others, I still recognize some Ne in his behavior, his thought process, and how he moves through topics. The way he presents himself is a long more violatile, then simply expressive, but yet in the same breathe he remains going for a center. And I know it's not protocal to analyze lyrics and have that reflecting back on the character - but there is something about Tupac's very history that represents ENFP to me.

ENFJ often are found in groupings, and presenting the problem from the society's point of view. Yet, with him, he carried the torch for idealogy from the grouping, not the society's ideals - whether that be the black, impoverished, or not. Also, it is widely known how complicated an individual Tupac was. Learned in an Art School, twisted in gangsta mentality, he had the verstatile mind to jump in all of Hollywood's circles, leaving people to believe someone like Madonna would come to his prison just to see him.

The man could be ENFJ, but I doubt it. He's an ENFp. Plus, I dont want to see him go. We want him for ourselves.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think both Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are ISTPs.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The black culture they come out of is heavily SJ.
Though it seems the hard core rappers fit more a "pragmatic" NT or SP image.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Which is why I think some of those alternative, or super-stars are often not NT, or SJ at all, because they can shake it up musically, visually, and artistically. Their perspective and way of communicating is widely different than other artist. As in the case with Outkast - I believe Big Boi is most definately an ExTP. At glance he is the ultra-typical rapper, or atypical hip-hop. That is without identify how lyrical he is, and such, but for all intents of personality and character - he is very much that guy.

Meanwhile, you have someone who stands out beside him as this artsy, otherworldly, flashy ISFP. Thats the dynamic I see that allows artist like Andre 3000, an ENFP like Mos Def, or other NFs, and F's in general to stand out.

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
There's a whole lotta of Ne in that Tupac interview, very unstructured style of speaking and gets very bouncy once his Ne gets going. ENFJ are more smooth and structured with their Fe dominance.

I think both Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are ISTPs.

Dre I'm very confident is INTJ like Jay-Z (introverted, left brain dominant, conceptual, logic orientated).

I think Snoop is ISFP (introverted, right brain dominant, feeling orientated) - I get a strong Fi vibe from him.