User Tag List

First 123 Last

Andre 3000 isn't gangsta rap

But yeah, ISFP, I think.

ENFJ might be the perfect type for 2Pac...couldn't figure him out, but that makes sense now. He knows how to act ESTP though. "Peep the game".

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inSazDy69MM]/[/youtube]

MBTI
    GOAT
    Enneagram
    DUNO
    Socionics
    FOFF

INFJ - Kanye West, Nas, Immortal Technique, Eminem
    INTJ - Jay-Z
    ENFP - Tupac, Lupe Fiasco, DMX
    ISTP - 50 Cent

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    50 cent seems ISFJ to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
    ISTP - 50 Cent
    50 cents typing is all over the map.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    50 cent is ENTJ. While his music is kind of "meh" in my opinion the real place where he shines is marketing.
    Hes created, on his own, an entire brand centering around himself with video games, clothing, his own flavor of vitamin water, ect. Hes all about image and marketing.

Plus he somehow managed to turn getting shot 8 times into profit. Only an ENTJ could do that.
    He got shot nine times actually... and his music is probably "meh" to you because you've probably never sold crack.... and on top of all that... just because he's been successful at marketing himself... doesn't mean he's ENTJ..

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    not necessarly, where have you seen that? Rap is a mainstream culture and that bring many SJs. Many Holywood actors are SJs and many rappers are SJs also. Rappers often begin by using past methods that worked before improve their own style. Also, rappers, especially Gangsta Rappes, are reliable and take pride of their street, their gang, their social position, their state, their fidelity to their "brothers", to their mother, to their family, are macho and defend traditionalistic values and societal opinions. So, a gangsta rapper can totally be SJ, I'm even wondering if the most part of them are not of this temperament.
    I think the key word you used is "mainstream".. I thought we were talking about real gangsta rappers here... but any real gangsta rapper is unlikely to be SJ... I know plenty of gangsters and plenty gangster rappers and they are not SJ.. I think the fake wannabe ones on the radio is what you're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Yeah... I found that kind of laughable myself.

ENFJ might be the perfect type for 2Pac...couldn't figure him out, but that makes sense now. He knows how to act ESTP though. "Peep the game".
    Indeed KDude... Pac is definitely ENFJ...I'm pretty good at spotting my own type when they don't fit the stereotype and he definitely fits the bill...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I have a strong feeling that Pac was an ENFP. Lupe Fiasco is most definately an ENFP. Don't know about Kanye, but i have a strong inclination that he isn't one of us. Not because I dont like him, because I do.

But yeah, ISFP, I think.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inSazDy69MM]/[/youtube]
    In that interview and others, I still recognize some Ne in his behavior, his thought process, and how he moves through topics. The way he presents himself is a long more violatile, then simply expressive, but yet in the same breathe he remains going for a center. And I know it's not protocal to analyze lyrics and have that reflecting back on the character - but there is something about Tupac's very history that represents ENFP to me.

ENFJ often are found in groupings, and presenting the problem from the society's point of view. Yet, with him, he carried the torch for idealogy from the grouping, not the society's ideals - whether that be the black, impoverished, or not. Also, it is widely known how complicated an individual Tupac was. Learned in an Art School, twisted in gangsta mentality, he had the verstatile mind to jump in all of Hollywood's circles, leaving people to believe someone like Madonna would come to his prison just to see him.

The man could be ENFJ, but I doubt it. He's an ENFp. Plus, I dont want to see him go. We want him for ourselves.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think both Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are ISTPs.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    not necessarly, where have you seen that? Rap is a mainstream culture and that bring many SJs. Many Holywood actors are SJs and many rappers are SJs also. Rappers often begin by using past methods that worked before improve their own style. Also, rappers, especially Gangsta Rappes, are reliable and take pride of their street, their gang, their social position, their state, their fidelity to their "brothers", to their mother, to their family, are macho and defend traditionalistic values and societal opinions. So, a gangsta rapper can totally be SJ, I'm even wondering if the most part of them are not of this temperament.
    The black culture they come out of is heavily SJ.
    Though it seems the hard core rappers fit more a "pragmatic" NT or SP image.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    The black culture they come out of is heavily SJ.
    ^This is SO true, there are parts of it that is VERY ethnocentric too.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Which is why I think some of those alternative, or super-stars are often not NT, or SJ at all, because they can shake it up musically, visually, and artistically. Their perspective and way of communicating is widely different than other artist. As in the case with Outkast - I believe Big Boi is most definately an ExTP. At glance he is the ultra-typical rapper, or atypical hip-hop. That is without identify how lyrical he is, and such, but for all intents of personality and character - he is very much that guy.

Meanwhile, you have someone who stands out beside him as this artsy, otherworldly, flashy ISFP. Thats the dynamic I see that allows artist like Andre 3000, an ENFP like Mos Def, or other NFs, and F's in general to stand out.

MBTI
    GOAT
    Enneagram
    DUNO
    Socionics
    FOFF

There's a whole lotta of Ne in that Tupac interview, very unstructured style of speaking and gets very bouncy once his Ne gets going. ENFJ are more smooth and structured with their Fe dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I think both Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are ISTPs.
    Dre I'm very confident is INTJ like Jay-Z (introverted, left brain dominant, conceptual, logic orientated).

I think Snoop is ISFP (introverted, right brain dominant, feeling orientated) - I get a strong Fi vibe from him.