Thread: Popular ISTJs?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I know, his control freakiness is hot as fuck.

His adherence to tradition and propriety screams Fe or Si, IMO. So he would either be IxFJ or ISTJ, I think.

I see nothing about him that is spectacularly Ni, honestly.

And the more I looked at the arguments for his seeming lack of projected warmth, ISTJ made more sense.

He's quite ethical, I'll say that, and he's very fierce about it, but it could be Fi ethics.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I had a glance at that thread, but none of the reasoning in it was spectacular. It was mostly "Here is an interview. I think he is INFJ." "Well, I think he is ISTJ." etc

He can be any type he wants as far as I'm concerned, and he is still amazingly awesome, talented and hot. But I'd be willing to consider ISTJ. As far as IxFJ I'd say INFJ seems much more possible to me than ISFJ.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Sting, Bruce Springsteen, Freddy Mercury, Naomi Campbell, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, Mary J Blige, The Game,...
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Why do you think Sting is INFJ?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh, I don't think I have a good argument for him being INFJ. His lyrics seem to make a great many subtle and almost subconscious connections, which seems Ni to me, but...he is clearly a talented and exacting craftsman and that could be Si...weird, I just thought of a couple of ways Sting resembles my brother, who is a probable ISTJ. Sting is a lot cooler than my brother though.

Sting could be a slightly megalomaniacal INFJ. They are certainly out there! But it could be a lack of Fe...he never struck me as especially diplomatic, more arrogant...and to me Fe has a lot to do with diplomacy... You mentioned how "proper" he seems, but that may just be the Englishness, and he is certainly profoundly English. I'm not sure that's Fe.

Another argument for him being INFJ is a somewhat indirect one - Stewart Copeland seems a likely ESTP and they always had an extremely volatile but artistically productive relationship - it seems to fit!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The more I thought about it the more his propriety seemed like IxTJ propriety to me, because he simply does not project Fe warmth despite his incredibly fierce ethics...and Fi can have ethics like that, very intense.

He doesn't just seem proper, there are many English people from his generation in popular, New Wave, and punk music...and he's one of the most proper of them all. It's not just because he's English.

I've seen MANY arguments for Sting being ISTJ off of this forum, on other web sites, but I won't insist if you believe he's another type, that's fine.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Victoria Backam is one also.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Hmm... I would have guessed Sting to be an ISFP 4w5 .. That would explain the Fi, Ni , The poetry , the pretension the craftsmanship and his bohemian exterior.

What's also funny is I was listening to Synchronicity I and II earlier and even posted them in the "songs to describe your mood" thread.

How's that for synchronicity??

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

He's definitely not an ISFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Ah, I'm not invested in him being any particular type. But I do think ISTJ/INFJ/INTJ are the most likely candidates.

ISFP...well my argument against that would be that Sting seems anything but laid back, and I think of ISFPs as being very laid back... I have a good friend who is a talented artist and almost certainly ISFP. While we have both praised each other's laid-backness, I know for a fact that while we both have pretty calm exteriors, she has a far more calm interior than I do and does not get wound up/hung up the way I do...

I wonder about the enneagram though! I'd have to think about that some more. Hm, we've hijacked this into a thread about Sting. Carry on everyone.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING