User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Default INFx representations in television?

I find that even though I enjoy a number of television shows and like some of the characters, there just are not that many that I see myself in, so I was hoping to start a thread on fictional INFx in television.

When I watch the television show Numb3rs, I frequently find myself relating to the character Megan Reeves (aside from gender) and wondered what other pople thought the type she is portraying is. My guess is INFP or INFJ.

Another character I suspect might be INFx that I don't relate to quite as well is Derek Morgan from Criminal minds, but ISFx might be more fitting for that one (and its hard for me to tell if he represents I or E in his character).

I also watch all the CSI spinoffs, but the character from there I feel like I closest relate to is David Hodges (lab technician) but not enough to think hes portraying an INFx (more like INTx with occasional feeling side represented). Can anyone think of CSI characters they would type as INFx? Warick Brown seems like strong F, but feels more like E than I.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    I find that even though I enjoy a number of television shows and like some of the characters, there just are not that many that I see myself in, so I was hoping to start a thread on fictional INFx in television.
    Without putting much thought into it, I think there must be one or two INFx's on Six Feet Under. I loved that show. Would Claire be an INFP? Brenda an INFx (although obviously w/ Brenda it could be hard to say)? Hard to say, since almost everyone on the show had some rather substantial issues they were addressing...

And the character Anne Heche plays on Men in Trees - I like her a lot, and can relate to her. But she's probably more an ENFJ, and isn't an introvert. (??)

MBTI
    OMNi

I find it hard to type people in real life television shows as INFx. Usually you have to watch cartoons in order to see characters of the INFP or INFJ variety.

Shows like CSI are very technical and scientific, so I tend to associate the characters on those with INTx. The closest show I've ever seen with an INFx feel was Judging Amy.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Without putting much thought into it, I think there must be one or two INFx's on Six Feet Under. I loved that show. Would Claire be an INFP? Brenda an INFx (although obviously w/ Brenda it could be hard to say)? Hard to say, since almost everyone on the show had some rather substantial issues they were addressing...
    That was one of my favorite shows! I think that Nate was an INFP. Claire, I think, was an ISFP. In art school, she didn't have much patience for Art History and theory. She was bored by them. She wanted to get the creating part. That seems more SP than NF to me.

I saw Brenda as an NT: I would say INTP.

The INFJ in that show was Lisa (Nate's wife #1), I think.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think Rory from Gilmore Girls is INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Dewy from Malcolm in the Middle. I'd go with INFP.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Bethy View Post
    That was one of my favorite shows! I think that Nate was an INFP. Claire, I think, was an ISFP. In art school, she didn't have much patience for Art History and theory. She was bored by them. She wanted to get the creating part. That seems more SP than NF to me.

I saw Brenda as an NT: I would say INTP.

The INFJ in that show was Lisa (Nate's wife #1), I think.
    Yes, I could see Nate as INFP. I was never sure about Lisa; I could see her as ISFJ (I don't know, she seemed pretty preoccupied with 'things', and details in her environment) as well, but yes, INFJ is a possibility.

I see your point on Claire. Brenda....who knows. I could probably be sold on any of the types, with her. :-)

---------------

Another show I really like (well, at least the first few seasons of it - I haven't kept up with it since) was Without a Trace. I have a feeling the main characters are all N's. Best guess on INFx would be the two female leads in the first few seasons. INFJ seems more like Vivian; Samantha could go either way - Samantha could be an INTJ. Not sure. :-) I do think they're both I's, though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Errm the lab chick from NCIS I think is an INFP... Abbey, that's the name.

Aslo, hardly TV, but isn't Jonny Depp an INFP?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP

If cartoon characters count, there's INFJ Lisa Simpson.
    "We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Aslo, hardly TV, but isn't Jonny Depp an INFP?
    Here's the thread about his type.