• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFx representations in television?

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find that even though I enjoy a number of television shows and like some of the characters, there just are not that many that I see myself in, so I was hoping to start a thread on fictional INFx in television.

When I watch the television show Numb3rs, I frequently find myself relating to the character Megan Reeves (aside from gender) and wondered what other pople thought the type she is portraying is. My guess is INFP or INFJ.

Another character I suspect might be INFx that I don't relate to quite as well is Derek Morgan from Criminal minds, but ISFx might be more fitting for that one (and its hard for me to tell if he represents I or E in his character).

I also watch all the CSI spinoffs, but the character from there I feel like I closest relate to is David Hodges (lab technician) but not enough to think hes portraying an INFx (more like INTx with occasional feeling side represented). Can anyone think of CSI characters they would type as INFx? Warick Brown seems like strong F, but feels more like E than I.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find that even though I enjoy a number of television shows and like some of the characters, there just are not that many that I see myself in, so I was hoping to start a thread on fictional INFx in television.

Without putting much thought into it, I think there must be one or two INFx's on Six Feet Under. I loved that show. Would Claire be an INFP? Brenda an INFx (although obviously w/ Brenda it could be hard to say)? Hard to say, since almost everyone on the show had some rather substantial issues they were addressing...

And the character Anne Heche plays on Men in Trees - I like her a lot, and can relate to her. But she's probably more an ENFJ, and isn't an introvert. (??)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I find it hard to type people in real life television shows as INFx. Usually you have to watch cartoons in order to see characters of the INFP or INFJ variety.

Shows like CSI are very technical and scientific, so I tend to associate the characters on those with INTx. The closest show I've ever seen with an INFx feel was Judging Amy.

Bethy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Without putting much thought into it, I think there must be one or two INFx's on Six Feet Under. I loved that show. Would Claire be an INFP? Brenda an INFx (although obviously w/ Brenda it could be hard to say)? Hard to say, since almost everyone on the show had some rather substantial issues they were addressing...

That was one of my favorite shows! I think that Nate was an INFP. Claire, I think, was an ISFP. In art school, she didn't have much patience for Art History and theory. She was bored by them. She wanted to get the creating part. That seems more SP than NF to me.

I saw Brenda as an NT: I would say INTP.

The INFJ in that show was Lisa (Nate's wife #1), I think.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Dewy from Malcolm in the Middle. I'd go with INFP.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was one of my favorite shows! I think that Nate was an INFP. Claire, I think, was an ISFP. In art school, she didn't have much patience for Art History and theory. She was bored by them. She wanted to get the creating part. That seems more SP than NF to me.

I saw Brenda as an NT: I would say INTP.

The INFJ in that show was Lisa (Nate's wife #1), I think.

Yes, I could see Nate as INFP. I was never sure about Lisa; I could see her as ISFJ (I don't know, she seemed pretty preoccupied with 'things', and details in her environment) as well, but yes, INFJ is a possibility.

I see your point on Claire. Brenda....who knows. I could probably be sold on any of the types, with her. :)

---------------

Another show I really like (well, at least the first few seasons of it - I haven't kept up with it since) was Without a Trace. I have a feeling the main characters are all N's. Best guess on INFx would be the two female leads in the first few seasons. INFJ seems more like Vivian; Samantha could go either way - Samantha could be an INTJ. Not sure. :) I do think they're both I's, though.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Errm the lab chick from NCIS I think is an INFP... Abbey, that's the name.

Aslo, hardly TV, but isn't Jonny Depp an INFP?

Usehername

On a mission
Dewy from Malcolm in the Middle. I'd go with INFP.

but eventually he learns to stand up for himself. by, like, age 10. what kind of INFP could do that at that age?

Certainly N; probably IN (the only EN type I could guess would be ENFP) but I can't imagine an INFP rallying the troops and leading like he did for the Special Class at that young an age.

INTJ? INTP? INFJ?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Rory from Gilmore Girls is INFJ.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I wanted to make her an NF because I enjoy her character, but I just wasn't feeling it. I don't know what other type she could be (ISFJ, maybe?), but I don't get NF from her.

Exhibit A:
When she goes off to college, she turns into a complete disaster. It wasn't because she was idealistic or her ideals were compromised or anything but because she was naive. She's always done everything she was supposed to do and doesn't break the rules (although that's not to say that rebelling is a common NF characteristic). I think most NFs, when the right cause comes along, will stand firmly by it. I don't think Rory would necessarily do that.

And don't even get me started on her relationships :rolli:

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
but eventually he learns to stand up for himself. by, like, age 10. what kind of INFP could do that at that age?

Certainly N; probably IN (the only EN type I could guess would be ENFP) but I can't imagine an INFP rallying the troops and leading like he did for the Special Class at that young an age.

INTJ? INTP? INFJ?

I disagree. He could most definitely be an INFP.
Even though during that age I was mostly introverted, my classmates always picked me as the leader in group projects. Whenever I was truly interested in the subject matter, I was articulate and bold and sure about it. No one could quite challenge me because not only was I knowledgeable but I also had the support of those I inspired.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it hard to type people in real life television shows as INFx. Usually you have to watch cartoons in order to see characters of the INFP or INFJ variety.

I agree. I don't see a lot of INFx types on TV or in movies. You're more likely to see an extroverted intuitive because their personality is more evident on the surface, or an ISFP if it's an artsy fartsy type.

I would venture to say that Angela on My So Called Life was an INFP.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Kyle from Kyle XY is INFP. I'm sad they cancelled that show.