• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Wars

Vicki

MBTI Type
????
What is Princess Leia's type?

*mod edit: threads merged*

Last edited by a moderator:

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I'd say mild ESTJ

Leia definitely seems to be more an E person.

S or N seems debatable, Leia seems a more direct action type of person, so I'd go with slight S

T seems more likely than F, I can't really say why, but the character does seem more oriented towards achieving goals and has a hardness to her, which seem more Tish than Fish

P vs. J could go either way.

Leia seems to be more of a protocol person than not. She also isn't a very "dominating" type of character, though she does tell people what to do, she doesn't seem like a character that can out argue someone or has the force to get people to follow who don't really want to, which argues against strong ENTJ.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
Leia? ENTJ or INTJ, depending.

Han Solo - I was going to sat ESTP until I remembered Lando Calrissian. OK - Lando, ESTP; Han, ISTP.

How about Darth Vader? Emperor Palpatine?:devil:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Darth Vader is debatable. Emperor Palpatine is a total ENTJ.

Vicki

MBTI Type
????
I'd say mild ESTJ

Leia definitely seems to be more an E person.

S or N seems debatable, Leia seems a more direct action type of person, so I'd go with slight S

T seems more likely than F, I can't really say why, but the character does seem more oriented towards achieving goals and has a hardness to her, which seem more Tish than Fish

P vs. J could go either way.

Leia seems to be more of a protocol person than not. She also isn't a very "dominating" type of character, though she does tell people what to do, she doesn't seem like a character that can out argue someone or has the force to get people to follow who don't really want to, which argues against strong ENTJ.

isn't she a little emotional to be a T?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is hilarious. The Star Wars characters tend to be rather one-dimensional, and so kinda resist typing because of being so minimalist. Darth Vader has two dimensions to him, but both are pretty simplistic.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Leia: ENTJ
Luke: INFP
Han Solo: ISTP
Chewbacca: ISFP
Yoda: INTP
R2D2: ISFJ
C3P0: INFJ

Emperor: INTJ
Vader: ISTJ

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
This thread is hilarious. The Star Wars characters tend to be rather one-dimensional, and so kinda resist typing because of being so minimalist. Darth Vader has two dimensions to him, but both are pretty simplistic.

One dimensional types of people will probably be easier to stick a type onto, since a lot of stereotypes have pretty obvious qualities and often fit pretty obviously into certain MBTI types.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leia: ENTJ
Luke: INFP
Chewbacca: ISFP
Yoda: INTP
R2D2: ISFJ
C3P0: INFJ

Emperor: INTJ
Vader: ISTJ

R2D2 is an IxTP. C3P0 is an ESFJ or ISFJ.

Queen Amidala is quite possibly an ENFJ, Yoda an INFJ.

The Emperor is definitely outwardly directed, I'm sticking to ENTJ or maybe ENTP.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
The Emperor is definitely outwardly directed, I'm sticking to ENTJ or maybe ENTP.

Why is he outwardly directed? He is clearly an introvert, but not shy, of course. He is an INTJ mastermind.

Vicki

MBTI Type
????
Why is he outwardly directed? He is clearly an introvert, but not shy, of course. He is an INTJ mastermind.

yeah that's what I was thinking.
I was joking last night that all badguys must be extroverted right before they die.
they're always telling the good guy their plans and it's like,
"oh god, just SHUT UP and kill him!" but they never do and end up dead.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Didn't George Lucas use type psychology to map out his characters to some degree?

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
yeah that's what I was thinking.
I was joking last night that all badguys must be extroverted right before they die.
they're always telling the good guy their plans and it's like,
"oh god, just SHUT UP and kill him!" but they never do and end up dead.

Not doing so is fairly high on the Evil Overlords advice list. "Just shut up and kill him already," the future Evil Overlord is told.:smile:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Didn't George Lucas use type psychology to map out his characters to some degree?

I'm not sure about that, but I do know he was a big fan of Joseph Campbell's "hero journey" concepts and those were definitely part of his mental blueprint for the original Star Wars movies.

Luke is one of the most obvious types in the series -- INFP. The entire first three movies are focused on Luke's spiritual quest and search for identity and purpose, and his interactions with others especially in movie #3 are stereotypical INFP (and rather clumsily handled :( ).

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Han Solo - ENTP.
The Millennium Falcon is just a hunk of one innovation after another, he's a smartass and ...well he's a smartass. Case closed. :)

I'd have thought that Leia is actually a riled introvert more than an extrovert. Sure she's loud enough when provoked but that describes many introverts. Plus she was seemingly able to act within the senate whilst working with the rebels so she must be good at concealing her true emotions which I'd say is more introverted than extrovert. Oh and ENTJs would just take over if it wasn't being done right and you wouldn't get it back again. That's far more brusque than Leia.

Personally I vote Chewy for INFP :D

Now Vader I'm not so sure that is type-able because of the stresses within the history of the character. He certainly starts off quite ENTPish but after I'm thinking it was more a case of artistic license than a realistic model.

One last thing, Yoda was either a very odd INTP or more likely an INFP. Far too concerned with what the little kiddies thought and being nice to people. Definitely not a 5 if he is an INTP :run:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm certain, as far as fictional characters go, of:

Luke Skywalker: INFP
Ben Kenobi: INTP

And not 100% certain of:

Princess Leia: ISTJ
Darth Vader: ENTJ
The Emperor: ENTP
Chewbacca: ISTJ
Lando Calrissian: ESTP
R2-D2: "INTP"
C-3P0: "INTJ"
Uncle Owen: ISFJ
Aunt Beru: INFJ
Boba Fett: IxTP (You really can't tell which)
Yoda: INFJ

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm certain, as far as fictional characters go, of:

Luke Skywalker: INFP
Ben Kenobi: INTP

And not 100% certain of:

Princess Leia: ISTJ
Darth Vader: ENTJ
The Emperor: ENTP
Chewbacca: ISTJ
Lando Calrissian: ESTP
R2-D2: "INTP"
C-3P0: "INTJ"
Uncle Owen: ISFJ
Aunt Beru: INFJ
Boba Fett: IxTP (You really can't tell which)
Yoda: INFJ

Why I for C-3P0? It seems like he's always talking and being annoying (not that I's can't be annoying, but if they were it probably wouldn't be because they talked too much).

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Not concerned with controlling anything, just self preservation.