• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Wars

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I think Tarkin might be INTJ...Or ENTJ...Or ESTJ...Yeah, I'll say ESTJ.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Not concerned with controlling anything, just self preservation.

Oh, I think I see what you mean. It's fairly clear that he is a J, and so if he is an E in combination with the J (and T), that would most likely lead to controlling tendencies, which he doesn't display at all. Gotcha.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm certain, as far as fictional characters go, of:

Luke Skywalker: INFP
Han Solo: ISTP
Ben Kenobi: INTP

And not 100% certain of:

Princess Leia: ISTJ
Darth Vader: ENTJ
The Emperor: ENTP
Chewbacca: ISTJ
Lando Calrissian: ESTP
R2-D2: "INTP"
C-3P0: "INTJ"
Uncle Owen: ISFJ
Aunt Beru: INFJ
Boba Fett: IxTP (You really can't tell which)
Yoda: INFJ

Grabbing the weapon and taking over in the death star brig, "Get this walking carpet out of my way..." are ENTJ actions...

I'd agree Darth has no type, just a very warped childhood and orphan archetype.

Lucas definitely used archetypes more than types to define his characters. Stopped taking advice for movies 1-3 on character consistency whereas in #5 was wise enough to take advice on redoing some of Solo and others' dialogues. So if Aniken seems inconsistent it's because he is...(one of my relatives worked for Lucas for awhile...)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm not sure about ISTJ for Leia, but I say "she could be." Partially because I'm nearly certain my mom is, and in her heyday was just as assertive and intelligent.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm not sure about ISTJ for Leia, but I say "she could be." Partially because I'm nearly certain my mom is, and in her heyday was just as assertive and intelligent.

My ISTJ sis-in-laws are assertive and intelligent, but they don't shove people out of teh way physically.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
My ISTJ sis-in-laws are assertive and intelligent, but they don't shove people out of teh way physically.
Haven't met my mom! I really am 99.99% on ISTJ there, and I'd admit if I weren't.

She was pretty hard. Supervisor, not incredibly popular...

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Haven't met my mom! I really am 99.99% on ISTJ there, and I'd admit if I weren't.

She was pretty hard. Supervisor, not incredibly popular...

Interesting...Leia's been one of my prime ENTJ examples for 14 years

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is how I see it.

Luke Skywalker: INFP
Han Solo: xSTP
Ben Kenobi: IsTJ
Princess Leia: xNFJ
Padme: ENFP
Darth Vader: IxTJ
Tarkin:ENTJ
Chewbacca: ISTP
Lando Calrissian: ESTP
Duku INFJ
Jaba:ESTJ
R2-D2: ISTP
C-3P0: ENFJ
JarJar: ESFP
Boba Fett: ISTJ
Yoda: INxP
Emperor: INTJ

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The Emperor's presense was hardly notable in the first two films. Vader ruled with an iron hand.

Besides, are you saying anyone who has a superior isn't ENTJ?

I'm just saying Vader didn't plan anything. In the first two films I'll still contend he was a) carrying out the Emperor's orders and b) acting on primitive emotions of...whatever.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Basically the entire time he was "following the Emperor's orders" to turn Luke to the dark side, his actual intention was to turn Luke, then overthrow the emperor with his help, and rule the galaxy with Luke as his apprentice and son.

Miss that part?