• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Wars

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So... does everyone think that C3-P0 is ISFJ rather than INFJ? If so, why? Is it because he's a protocol droid rather than a person?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Erm, I think it's because C-3P0 is programmed for ISFJ tasks. ESFJ being the second possibility.

And if you want to get technical, Anakin is an ENFP in The Phantom Menace and an ESTP in Attack of the Clones, and I'm not really sure about Revenge of the Sith.

Qui-Gon was the most INJ Jedi in the council -- seeing how he foresaw beyond everyone else.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Everyone thinks Vader's an ENTJ- but I beg to differ..

Look at his past, and really analyze him. After seeing the most recent episode I think it safe to infer that he may be ENFJ or ENFP- he would have done anything for his wife and baby- and took revenge for them- something I think an F would be more prone to do.

I could be way off, but I don't think it's as obvious as ENTJ, just doesn't work like that- you can't just assume he's one if he's an evil dictator. You've gotta look into him and understand where he's coming from- and you'll understand.

Care to debunk the ISTJ Vader theory?

deleted
So... does everyone think that C3-P0 is ISFJ rather than INFJ? If so, why? Is it because he's a protocol droid rather than a person?

He's hellof an ISFJ. I mean he's sexy enough to be one. Not as sexy as me.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Let's just say I'm open to anything except INTJ or ENTJ- it seems to obvious, and my brain works that way.

People are also separating Anakin and Vader. They're two different personalities.

theplacesyoullgo

How do you get E for Anakin? I've always thought of him as an introvert. Definitely would like to hear the opposing view.

theplacesyoullgo

I'm going to pathetically bump this because I just re-watched a couple of the prequel films over the last few days, probably with all of this in the very back of my mind.

To me, Anakin (not Vader!) screams ISFJ, but I've seen him typed virtually everything imaginable.

No thoughts or opinions?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Erm, I think it's because C-3P0 is programmed for ISFJ tasks. ESFJ being the second possibility.
In Star Wars Universe, protocolar droids are ISFJ and droids astromechano are ESTP, in our universe, computers are ISTJ. The common point is every machine have sensing in dominant fuction and intuition in inferior. Machines can't have intuition.

And if you want to get technical, Anakin is an ENFP in The Phantom Menace and an ESTP in Attack of the Clones, and I'm not really sure about Revenge of the Sith.
Anakin is always ENFP (except as Vader of course), even if in the episode III, he've developped is tertiary function Te and looks a little ENTP/ENTJ. (Oh, and I could never admit that an ESTP could be as Silly as the Anakin of the Episode II...)

Qui-Gon was the most INJ Jedi in the council -- seeing how he foresaw beyond everyone else.

Qui-Gon is definitely an F, maybe INFJ, but he lives above all in the present moment, so he's ISFJ. I think the most INJ Jedi in the council is Yarael Poof (INTJ), there's maybe Oppo Rancisis, but I think is rather ENFJ.

theplacesyoullgo

Anakin is always ENFP (except as Vader of course)

Apologies for being repetitive, but how is Anakin E?

Sorry, this has been crazy bugging me since re-watching those movies.

I still say ISFJ (possibly ISFP)... but I'm willing to be convinced otherwise. Convince me!

nanook

a scream in a vortex
juvenile jealous anakin, as portrait in the new movies, may be esfj

every borderliner personality who projects like a supernova must have a strong Fe, right?
and low self awareness matches an extroverted sensing type well enough.

although i am sure, a lot of people would associate a super villain (or revenge in particular) with Fi, but in that case i dont think so.

the little kid with the pod racer is introverted. looks infp to me (Ni for podracer-mechanics), except for his role, which is too ambitious, rather infj.

i hate the idea of assigning different types to anakin and vader - can you indulge more in stereotypes? like my shadow is not myself?
also i hate separating actors and their roles, because i am not aware of any actor who can actually play a different type, in a credible way. the viewer always sees the energy of the actor.

sorry for telling you about my feelings, i should be in bed by now

Last edited:

theplacesyoullgo

Using functional analysis, I'd actually peg Anakin as an ISFP. Fi Se seems right.

I'm just not getting extrovert from Anakin at all. He's not approachable, he generally keeps his feelings to himself, he's reclutant to disclose, he enjoys working by himself on hands-on projects. He's not expressive.

I don't like the idea of assigning different types to Anakin and Vader either, but at the very least, their decisions come from totally different places.

I do agree that the character will always have some shades of the actor, especially with all of Hayden Christensen's emo pouting and all. But... that's the character we all see.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
hm i hate to contradict my self. when i saw the move i felt disgusted by his self absorbtion and since i like to think that i am not capable of such a thing and this is because of extroverted feeling (beeing to concerned with pleasing others, therefore unable to _indulge_ in hatred, like it was a song from an overdressed metall band) i had to conclude that he must be introverted feeling.

but another thought is, that he is not about revenge as much as jealousy and yearning for a caring mother. his ambition is to fill a hole, and holes are much like Fe.
you need to change the world to change your feeling. or manipulate your mother into rewarding you, for a start.

i am used to think of isfp as Si-Fe (socionics) and jealous enneagram fours are likely FiNe (infj) in my mind, since only they can synthesize emotions, which is what the four is all about (unlike someone who has a hole in the stomach, because he can not feel himself). but i never saw such a person (FiNe) being jealous to the point of creating an army though. they tend to take responsibility for such "needs", because they can.

deleted
Well obviously he's introverted feeling. To what extent?

IXTJ
EXFP
IXFP

deleted
He eventually reminds me of a depressed ENFP. He seems clever in the Ne sense, and he takes his emotions quite far. I don't know how to explain it. Perhaps he becomes more introverted, but he reminds me of an ENFP overall.

theplacesyoullgo

Well, first of all, upon actually examining the functions, I really think Fi/Se suits him perfectly, which points to ISFP. Talking about exclusively I vs. E, I guess it's pretty much the basic stuff you'd think of when you think of an introvert rather than extrovert:

- small circle of trust and close friends
- long pauses before he speaks, not very animatedly engaged with others when communicating via speech
- seemingly awkward in social settings
- happy working alone on machines
- reactive rather than active in engaging others in conversation
- in times of stress, retreats to himself rather than others
- sullen and withdrawn - a little bit of an "emo boy," if you will
- again, he's pretty much the definition of introverted feeling - he makes his decision to turn to the "Dark Side" based on this (I know this doesn't automatically make him I - just saying)

Read some ISFP type descriptions - I think they fit Anakin (not Vader!!) extremely well.