Socionics
    LII Ti

I've gone to the celeb types page and looked under ENTJ. It says:
    About ENTJs

• The Natural Born Executive

That fits Palp.

• Strongly linked to the Compulsive personality

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...ve+personality

"A personality pattern characterized by rigidity, perfectionistic standards, meticulous attention to order and detail, and excessive concern with conformity, duty, and adherence to standards of conscience."

Yes, in the sense that Palp requires these characteristics of others. His goals were to bring order to the galaxy (Te), bring everything in conformity (Te) with his personal vision (Ni), and duty and adherence to that vision.

• Somewhat linked to the Sadistic personality

Palp is very sadistic in his means.

• More common in men than in women
    • Repress their Introverted Feeling function, meaning they sometimes forget what is important to them

I can't make heads or tales out of that anyway, since "important to them" is only obscurely related to Fi personal values. Palp isn't a moralizer, he is a visionary leader, and that vision is important to him.

Inferior Fi means to me that Palp is indifferent to the suffering of others, not that he forgets what is important to him.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I am inclined to agree with you about Palpatine being an ENTJ. I can't really decide whether he values being an emperor and values the idea of Sith dominion over the galaxy (Fi) or is merely interested in power and an empire structure granted him the most. It really depends whether you are including the EU into the mix. He conducts actual research into immortality via the creation of clone bodies which he can transfer his consciousness over into, IIRC he does extensive training in powerful force techniques (including mega force-lightning powers) and collects numerous Jedi holocrons and books. The latter to me suggests a well developed Ni through an interest in philosophy and mysticism and not so much as methods to increase his power. He possesses true power through his political position and charisma.

The EU also states that the public persona of his Sith Master Darth Plagueis was a corporate mogul (probably an ENTJ.) Palpatine could have been an INTJ but became heavily influenced by strong Te whilst under his master's tutelage.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I am inclined to agree with you about Palpatine being an ENTJ. I can't really decide whether he values being an emperor and values the idea of Sith dominion over the galaxy (Fi) or is merely interested in power and an empire structure granted him the most. It really depends whether you are including the EU into the mix. He conducts actual research into immortality via the creation of clone bodies which he can transfer his consciousness over into, IIRC he does extensive training in powerful force techniques (including mega force-lightning powers) and collects numerous Jedi holocrons and books. The latter to me suggests a well developed Ni through an interest in philosophy and mysticism and not so much as methods to increase his power. He possesses true power through his political position and charisma.

The EU also states that the public persona of his Sith Master Darth Plagueis was a corporate mogul (probably an ENTJ.) Palpatine could have been an INTJ but became heavily influenced by strong Te whilst under his master's tutelage.
    I don't get Fi out of the fact that someone values something. Are you talking about Fi tertiary?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Darth Plagueis was the most powerful Sith Lord ever though the coolest one is Darth Revan!
    Attachment 8108
    Attachment 8109

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't get Fi out of the fact that someone values something. Are you talking about Fi tertiary?
    Sort of. To elaborate I was considering the possibility that Sith rule, the dark side and the idea of being emperor mattered to him through a subjective importance as causes he wanted to protect and that these took on more importance than just facets of an impersonal measure of power (just having ultimate authority.) I was implying that if the former was true then he would be Fi-tert or above and thus INTJ (on the basis of the tertiary function often being easier to use than the auxilary) rather than ENTJ in the case of the latter.

The other interpretation I got from your response was the implied misunderstanding of what Fi is. Perhaps I have, if yes then discard the above.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

My latest and greatest opinions on the matter at hand:

Yoda - INTP 9w1
    Sidious - INTJ 8w9
    Tyranus - INFJ 4w5
    Anakin - ISTP 8w7
    Luke - ISFP 9w8
    Leia - ESFJ 2w1
    Padme - ENFJ 2w3
    Jabba - ENTJ 8w7
    Han - ISTP 7w8
    C3P0 - ISFJ 1w2
    R2D2 - ISTP 5w6
    Boba - INTP 6w5
    JarJar - ENFP 7w6
    Obiwan - INFP 9w1
    Mace - ISTJ 6w5
    Grevious - ESTJ 8w7
    Maul - ISTP 6w5
    QuiGon - ENTP 6w7
    Lando - ESTP 3w2
    Chewie - ESFP 9w8

I'm sure at least half of those are wrong, but for the most part, it should at least be on the right track, I think.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    This thread is hilarious. The Star Wars characters tend to be rather one-dimensional, and so kinda resist typing because of being so minimalist. Darth Vader has two dimensions to him, but both are pretty simplistic.

Five years or not - you will never be forgiven for this post.

@RaptorWizard, your typings seem spot on. Mace might be an ESTJ.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Five years or not - you will never be forgiven for this post.

RaptorWizard, your typings seem spot on. Mace might be an ESTJ.
    Wow. How can you miss so badly? Fia's not wrong, and some of Raptor's typings are just off.
    But this discussion has already been had numerous times on this forum.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    and some of Raptor's typings are just off.
    Which ones do you think are off, and what would their alternative types be?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

I think lists communicate better with people because they're easier to read;

Luke - INFP (4w3; he's defs a helper by enneagram)
    Vader - ISTJ (ENFP under stress - which is kind of funny if he is)
    ANAKIN - ENFP (I think his Enneagram type makes him more rebellious than the average ENFP)
    Palpatine - ENTJ (Typical power hungry baddy though)

Obiwan Kenobi - INTP (remains detached; fairly independent/individualistic; thinker; aloof)
    Qui Gon - ENFJ
    Leia - ESFJ (INFP-ESFJ are an ideal match, but yes.. gross...)
    Padme - INFJ (ENFP-INFJ are an ideal match; doesn't seem to gain energy from her surrounding environment either; energy gain seems more inward)
    Yoda - INFJ
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe