User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

Results 251 to 260 of 331

Thread: Star Wars

  1. #251
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    ISFP deals with adhering to personal values and doing things in their own way, Anakin rebelled against Jedi tradition and took everything personally that's ISFP
    Exactly, so why were you saying he was ISTP?

    Luke was very much like his father during the trilogy both being ISFx, but in the extended universe he becomes more like Yoda INFJ
    He became more wise, patient, and discerning, but that didn't make him any less ISFP. That training certainly didn't stop him from going ballistic against Darth Vader's light saber and arm. That's just his natural state, and Yoda had taught him how to control it easier.

    ESFJ manipulates people's feelings to their own gain, she understands people and can use them to her own gain, T don't understand people they use power and logic to control people.
    Being able to manipulate doesn't make you an Fe-dom. Palpatine manipulated Anakin, but that doesn't make him an Fe-dom. It matters about the reason behind the manipulation.

    His charm came from the fact he didn't give a damn and just did what he wanted to do, he's a bionic hero great presence but low charisma

    That doesn't necessarily rule out ESTP, especially since his Social instinct is last, but it's certainly possible that he is an ISTP. I just see him as more of an S-dom than a T-dom.

    Palpatine ISFP, he's the typical megalomaniac , ENTJ, he seems introverted because he alienates himself and doesn't value people
    True; however, his vision is stereotypical of the INTJ mastermind -- Ni driven by Te. His Te isn't driven by his Ni; it's the opposite.

    I don't see him that way I see him as impulsive tempermental , and a great mechanic and repairman, I see more ISTP than F in his character.
    Exactly! That's what makes him an ISFP. A T would consider logic and reason before going into things like that; Anakin merely focused on how he was feeling and just rushed into things. T's rarely do that, especially not introverted ones.

    He doesn't have a vision he works as a henchman J would never offer his services to another Jedi, he would've broken away and had his own plan like Dooku who is a J
    His loyalty and Dooku's defiance could also do with the fact that Maul was an ISTJ who followed what he saw as the established "master" of the Sith Lord and Dooku was an INTJ who saw his own ideal and vision on how things were.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  2. #252
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Hazashin Exactly, so why were you saying he was ISTP?

    I said ISFP for Anakin





    He became more wise, patient, and discerning, but that didn't make him any less ISFP. That training certainly didn't stop him from going ballistic against Darth Vader's light saber and arm. That's just his natural state, and Yoda had taught him how to control it easier.

    I'm talking the extended universe when he took over the Jedi Order got married had a son ect. he became INFJ after the triliogy in the movies yes he was ISFx with J/P being virtually borderline



    Being able to manipulate doesn't make you an Fe-dom. Palpatine manipulated Anakin, but that doesn't make him an Fe-dom. It matters about the reason behind the manipulation.

    I think she was trying to hide behind an ESTP exterior but deep inside she was a manipulative person who just wanted to be liked and this is stressed even further in the books with how she handled the children as opposed to Han.

    His charm came from the fact he didn't give a damn and just did what he wanted to do, he's a bionic hero great presence but low charisma

    That doesn't necessarily rule out ESTP, especially since his Social instinct is last, but it's certainly possible that he is an ISTP. I just see him as more of an S-dom than a T-dom.



    True; however, his vision is stereotypical of the INTJ mastermind -- Ni driven by Te. His Te isn't driven by his Ni; it's the opposite.

    INTJ wouldn't be able to pull off the Palpatine character , they lack the interpersonal skills to get that close to the enemy



    Exactly! That's what makes him an ISFP. A T would consider logic and reason before going into things like that; Anakin merely focused on how he was feeling and just rushed into things. T's rarely do that, especially not introverted ones.
    [/B]

    Lot of ISTP are impulsive, risktakers who go against the grain, and it would make sense seeing as he and Han were best friends who had the same outlook on life.


    His loyalty and Dooku's defiance could also do with the fact that Maul was an ISTJ who followed what he saw as the established "master" of the Sith Lord and Dooku was an INTJ who saw his own ideal and vision on how things were.

    J would eventually break away and follow his own path only a P would allow himself to be at the will of another and do his dirty work, Vader, Dooku both J's had thier own vision and thier own ideals Maul did not.

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    If it were not for the Star Wars Expanded Universe the movies alone would kind of stink soon. What makes it so great are all of its spinoffs like the video games and the books so it truly is a magic rabbit hole of adventure and discovery or since it is in space maybe I should substitute rabbit hole with wormhole!

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    This is how I see it.

    Luke Skywalker: INFP
    Han Solo: xSTP
    Ben Kenobi: IsTJ
    Princess Leia: xNFJ
    Padme: ENFP
    Darth Vader: IxTJ
    Tarkin:ENTJ
    Chewbacca: ISTP
    Lando Calrissian: ESTP
    Duku INFJ
    Jaba:ESTJ
    R2-D2: ISTP
    C-3P0: ENFJ
    JarJar: ESFP
    Boba Fett: ISTJ
    Yoda: INxP
    Emperor: INTJ
    This is the most accurate list I have seen in this entire thread.
    Now let me analyze all of these typings and justify why they are right:
    Luke Skywalker: INFP (he is obsessed with the moral conflicts of light and dark and has strong sense of justice as well as identity which is very INFP)
    Han Solo: xSTP (ISTP to be precise since he was independent and only took orders from himself as well as being an adventurous utilitarian hedonist)
    Ben Kenobi: IsTJ (yes since he always got angry when Anakin neglected the traditions of the Jedi order and was merciless in his criticism though he was too insightful to be too big of an S)
    Princess Leia: xNFJ (ENFJ to be precise since she was very focused on being a catalyst to change the external world and on being a leader for other people as well as rendering selfless service)
    Padme: ENFP (yes because she had very strong values and enforced them on other people to make sure they live up to her high minded ideals as well as a clever improviser in action or conflict)
    Darth Vader: IxTJ (ISTJ to be precise since he was a loyal servant of the Emperor who carried out his orders without question or mercy)
    Tarkin:ENTJ (yes because he was a very clever and sadistic war general as well as the leader in action of the empire along with Darth Vader though Vader did not have Tarkin's silver tongue)
    Chewbacca: ISTP (yes because for Chewie actions speaked louder than words and he worked well with his fellow ISTP Han)
    Lando Calrissian: ESTP (yes because he was what you could call a smooth operator and he had a adept mind for business as well as sharing Han's hedonism)
    Duku INFJ (yes because he was very diplomatic and was somewhat of a political idealist as well as having an independent nature)
    Jaba:ESTJ (he was a very bossy power hungry giant lazy fat slimeball of goo who was merciless in his authority though not necessarily slick which is very ESTJ)
    R2-D2: ISTP (he was a master of mechanics and was very efficient in action which is very ISTP)
    C-3P0: ENFJ (he could never shut up his mechanized mouth as he loved to hear the sound of his own voice and he was a diplomatic slave who settled all disputes with words which is very ENFJ)
    JarJar: ESFP (yes since he was a fun loving happy go lucky fool who spent about as little time in his head as a cat does in the water)
    Boba Fett: ISTJ (the clone army was modeled after his DNA and the clones were merciless mindless marching minions as it matches Fett's serious no nonsense demeanor which is very ISTJ)
    Yoda: INxP (INTP to be precise since he was what you could call a deep thinker who preached living a life ruled by reason rather than passion)
    Emperor: INTJ (indeed he was an INTJ as he was the Mastermind behind the entire plot to overthrow the Republic and was the very embodiment of evil willpower as well as a big narcissistic jerk)

  5. #255
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Jar Jar - ESFP

  6. #256
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Emperor: INTJ (indeed he was an INTJ as he was the Mastermind behind the entire plot to overthrow the Republic and was the very embodiment of evil willpower as well as a big narcissistic jerk)
    So INTJ = Mastermind, "embodiment of evil willpower" and "big narcissistic jerk"?

    How does all that add up to INTJ? How do you know the emperor was a narcissist and not just a big jerk? Can other types be narcissists?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    So INTJ = Mastermind, "embodiment of evil willpower" and "big narcissistic jerk"?

    How does all that add up to INTJ? How do you know the emperor was a narcissist and not just a big jerk? Can other types be narcissists?
    About INTJs

    •Tenacious visionaries, oriented towards action
    •Amongst the types with the highest average IQ
    •Strongly linked to the Narcissistic personality
    •Somewhat linked to the Compulsive personality
    •More common in men than in women
    •Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, which means they may lose touch with factual realities and fail to adapt their opinions accordingly
    source - http://www.celebritytypes.com/intj.php

  8. #258
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    About INTJs

    •Tenacious visionaries, oriented towards action
    •Amongst the types with the highest average IQ
    •Strongly linked to the Narcissistic personality
    •Somewhat linked to the Compulsive personality
    •More common in men than in women
    •Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, which means they may lose touch with factual realities and fail to adapt their opinions accordingly
    source - http://www.celebritytypes.com/intj.php
    Your argument is that the INTJ type is strongly linked to narcissism. I don't see "embodiment of evil willpower" or "mastermind" in that list. And I don't see where Palpatine was a narcissist, or if he was, how "strongly linked" could possibly mean that all narcissists are INTJs and all INTJs are narcissists.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Your argument is that the INTJ type is strongly linked to narcissism. I don't see "embodiment of evil willpower" or "mastermind" in that list. And I don't see where Palpatine was a narcissist, or if he was, how "strongly linked" could possibly mean that all narcissists are INTJs and all INTJs are narcissists.
    You are right as it is not a universal truth but it is a strong indicator for that being his type.

    What type do you think the Emperor is?

  10. #260
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    You are right as it is not a universal truth but it is a strong indicator for that being his type.

    What type do you think the Emperor is?
    ENTJ, because Palpatine had leadership + domination ambitions, a combination that is out of character for the INTJ type.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Star Wars Test
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-03-2017, 10:52 AM
  2. Star Wars Gansta Rap
    By Metamorphosis in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 08:18 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 06:38 PM
  4. Star Wars hilarity
    By darlets in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 07:25 PM
  5. Star Wars Slumber Party meet @ Ivy's house
    By raz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 08:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO