User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Thread: Star Wars

juvenile jealous anakin, as portrait in the new movies, may be esfj

every borderliner personality who projects like a supernova must have a strong Fe, right?
    and low self awareness matches an extroverted sensing type well enough.

although i am sure, a lot of people would associate a super villain (or revenge in particular) with Fi, but in that case i dont think so.

the little kid with the pod racer is introverted. looks infp to me (Ni for podracer-mechanics), except for his role, which is too ambitious, rather infj.

i hate the idea of assigning different types to anakin and vader - can you indulge more in stereotypes? like my shadow is not myself?
    also i hate separating actors and their roles, because i am not aware of any actor who can actually play a different type, in a credible way. the viewer always sees the energy of the actor.

sorry for telling you about my feelings, i should be in bed by now

Using functional analysis, I'd actually peg Anakin as an ISFP. Fi Se seems right.

I'm just not getting extrovert from Anakin at all. He's not approachable, he generally keeps his feelings to himself, he's reclutant to disclose, he enjoys working by himself on hands-on projects. He's not expressive.

I don't like the idea of assigning different types to Anakin and Vader either, but at the very least, their decisions come from totally different places.

I do agree that the character will always have some shades of the actor, especially with all of Hayden Christensen's emo pouting and all. But... that's the character we all see.

hm i hate to contradict my self. when i saw the move i felt disgusted by his self absorbtion and since i like to think that i am not capable of such a thing and this is because of extroverted feeling (beeing to concerned with pleasing others, therefore unable to _indulge_ in hatred, like it was a song from an overdressed metall band) i had to conclude that he must be introverted feeling.

but another thought is, that he is not about revenge as much as jealousy and yearning for a caring mother. his ambition is to fill a hole, and holes are much like Fe.
    you need to change the world to change your feeling. or manipulate your mother into rewarding you, for a start.

i am used to think of isfp as Si-Fe (socionics) and jealous enneagram fours are likely FiNe (infj) in my mind, since only they can synthesize emotions, which is what the four is all about (unlike someone who has a hole in the stomach, because he can not feel himself). but i never saw such a person (FiNe) being jealous to the point of creating an army though. they tend to take responsibility for such "needs", because they can.

deleted

Well obviously he's introverted feeling. To what extent?

IXTJ
    EXFP
    IXFP

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Well obviously he's introverted feeling. To what extent?

IXTJ
    EXFP
    IXFP
    I think it's pretty obvious he's not a T.

As I stated above, I just don't see E, even though quite a few others seem to be seeing it (?) ...

deleted

I don't see E in its usual form. I however see ENFP.

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    I don't see E in its usual form. I however see ENFP.
    Can you elaborate a little more? (Not trying to be contentious at all, just inquisitive and curious.)

deleted

He eventually reminds me of a depressed ENFP. He seems clever in the Ne sense, and he takes his emotions quite far. I don't know how to explain it. Perhaps he becomes more introverted, but he reminds me of an ENFP overall.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

What makes you think Anakin's more of an I, theplacesyoullgo?
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

Well, first of all, upon actually examining the functions, I really think Fi/Se suits him perfectly, which points to ISFP. Talking about exclusively I vs. E, I guess it's pretty much the basic stuff you'd think of when you think of an introvert rather than extrovert:

- small circle of trust and close friends
    - long pauses before he speaks, not very animatedly engaged with others when communicating via speech
    - seemingly awkward in social settings
    - happy working alone on machines
    - reactive rather than active in engaging others in conversation
    - in times of stress, retreats to himself rather than others
    - sullen and withdrawn - a little bit of an "emo boy," if you will
    - again, he's pretty much the definition of introverted feeling - he makes his decision to turn to the "Dark Side" based on this (I know this doesn't automatically make him I - just saying)

Read some ISFP type descriptions - I think they fit Anakin (not Vader!!) extremely well.