• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of Villians

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJs are sociopathic, believe what they're doing is right, and get off on it. Example: Azula.

They're crazy. :shock:

I was referring to this quote....ENFJs are no more or less psychopathic or sociopathic than any other type if they demonstrate mental illness....You make it sound as if they are particularly crazy. Any time that demonstrates villainy and mental illness is crazy in one way or another.

Uh, what? This thread is in good fun, we're talking about villainous villains here (No one's entirely serious here), your seriousness is unneeded. :yes:

I wasn't referring to the idea in general. Just saying no one type is any more or less villainous than another...just different.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Are you serious? Err, you were obviously directing your post at my crazy comment (clearly not a serious statement), and like I said, no one's entirely serious in this thread - we're all making generalizations on how each type would be as a villain. Of course an ENFJ isn't any more evil or crazy than any other type ... Geez, get a grip.

I've murdered a few people. Am I a villain?

That depends. Do you have a goal? A rivalry with a main protagonist? These are both important aspects of a villain.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Evil Types

I'd like to list what sort of villains the different MBTI types would make. And I'd love to add some (fictional) examples.

I'll start with the Guardians.

ESTJ: nitpicking bosses who knowingly criticize their workers in order to make them lose confidence, stick-in-the mud lieutenants to who orders and rank are more important than survival, parents who have planned the lives of their children in great detail,...
Examples: Vernon Dursley (Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling), Mrs. Wormwood (Matilda, R. Dahl) - I didn't find really evil archvillains here.

ISTJ: I guess you can get extreme conservatism here... Don't really know.
Examples: Minister De Seer (King of Katoren, J. Terlouw) - also not the archvillain.

ESFJ: the stifling parent, the bigot (I guess other SJs can also be bigots), a pampered, attention-seeking and praise-seeking celebrity,...
Examples: I don't know any in existing fiction... I've created an ESFJ emperor who firmly believes his people can only be happy if there's only one culture and only one set of common values everybody adheres to. This one is an archvillain indeed.

ISFJ: I don't have any clue on this one. How do you make an ISFJ villain? No examples either...

Rationals:

ENTJ: easy... the overconfident ruler on his way to world domination
Examples: Mrs. Trunchbull (Matilda, R. Dahl)

INTJ: even easier... the plotting and scheming fantasy villain
Examples: Voldemort (Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling)

ENTP:the mad scientist destroying the environment and/or unable to control his inventions, rather amoral than immoral.
Examples: ??? I want examples!

INTP:??? introvert versions of the mad scientist? That's doing the INTPs an injustice, I fear.
Examples?

KDude

Evil ISTJs - The cops who beat down Rodney King.

Evil ISFJ - That's hard, you're right. I guess the passive aggressive ISFJ housewife is pretty evil in her own way. Loves to spoil fun sometimes.

P

Phantonym

Ok, I might be grasping at straws here but INFJ villain could be a person who is so convinced that what they're doing is the best course of action and yields the best possible result for the people in the future, so that he/she/it disregards any harm done in the present because it will be beneficial in the future. Hm, I can't think of any examples at the moment.

KDude

^ Paul Atreides

:D

Makes sense if one follows Dune at least to book 3. edit: What I'm trying to point out is that he was a well meaning visionary hero... who actually doesn't think it all through, produces a destructive domino effect.. and in the end, starts posing a new prophet, denouncing his old self.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, I might be grasping at straws here but INFJ villain could be a person who is so convinced that what they're doing is the best course of action and yields the best possible result for the people in the future, so that he/she/it disregards any harm done in the present because it will be beneficial in the future. Hm, I can't think of any examples at the moment.

a dolf.

P

Phantonym

^ Paul Atreides

:D

Makes sense if one follows Dune at least to book 3. edit: What I'm trying to point out is that he was a well meaning visionary hero... who actually doesn't think it all through, produces a destructive domino effect.. and in the end, starts posing a new prophet, denouncing his old self.

:yes:

There's still some controversy over the INFJness of a dolf.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
INTP : clumsy aspergers guy who shatters windows with its tantrum screech and kills people without noticing.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'd like to list what sort of villains the different MBTI types would make. And I'd love to add some (fictional) examples.

I'll start with the Guardians.

ESTJ: nitpicking bosses who knowingly criticize their workers in order to make them lose confidence, stick-in-the mud lieutenants to who orders and rank are more important than survival, parents who have planned the lives of their children in great detail,...
Examples: Vernon Dursley (Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling), Mrs. Wormwood (Matilda, R. Dahl) - I didn't find really evil archvillains here.

ISTJ: I guess you can get extreme conservatism here... Don't really know.
Examples: Minister De Seer (King of Katoren, J. Terlouw) - also not the archvillain.

ESFJ: the stifling parent, the bigot (I guess other SJs can also be bigots), a pampered, attention-seeking and praise-seeking celebrity,...
Examples: I don't know any in existing fiction... I've created an ESFJ emperor who firmly believes his people can only be happy if there's only one culture and only one set of common values everybody adheres to. This one is an archvillain indeed.

ISFJ: I don't have any clue on this one. How do you make an ISFJ villain? No examples either...
Now with pictures!

ESTJ:
angry_boss.jpg

ISTJ:
anal-retentive.jpg

ESFJ:
authenticdramaqueen.jpg

ISFJ

microwavewars1.jpg

:laugh:
6.gif

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ: Machiavellian supervillain
ENTJ: Mob boss or totalitarian dictator
ISTP: Hitman
ESTJ/ESFJ: Gang leader
INTP: Mad scientist
ENTP: Trickster

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Evil ISFJ: Obsessive-compulsive, perfectionistic housewife who kills people who could possibly have a bad influence on her children's pure innocent little minds.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP:the mad scientist destroying the environment and/or unable to control his inventions, rather amoral than immoral.
Examples: ??? I want examples!

hmm, possibly......Jumba

liloandstitch_jumbaandpleakley.gif

?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Evil ESTPs only seem to appear in High School Movies... they are identifiable by their letter jackets and desire to stuff nerds into their lockers :cheese:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I could think of 1 good example of an evil ISFJ :whistling:.

Juni

MBTI Type
INFx
Evil ESTPs only seem to appear in High School Movies... they are identifiable by their letter jackets and desire to stuff nerds into their lockers :cheese:

No, those are the sexually confused football players that come out of the closet in college one night at their frats party after doing a few keg stands. It results in steamy buttsects and then they track down those they bullied as they come to terms with their feelings. Oh, and as they grow old, balding, and fat. :D

Hey, they could be ESTPs too. You never know.