• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types of Villians

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Evil ESTPs only seem to appear in High School Movies... they are identifiable by their letter jackets and desire to stuff nerds into their lockers :cheese:

Eh, there's a lot of evil ESTP's in the more realistic films. They're usually the really impulsive loose cannon in crime movies or the abusive spouse... ISTP's too for that matter. When they're not the hitman.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
where are the evil entjs?

sylar-2.jpg

Sylar from Heroes

_42433412_master_bbc_gall.jpg

Simm's Master from Doctor Who, at least prior his mental breakdown. Ainley's also fit the ENTJ mold.

3scar-jpg.jpeg

Scar from The Lion King

Hans_Landa_IB_2009.jpg

Hans Landa from Inglourious Basterds

300px-sutler2.jpg

Adam Sutler from V for Vendetta.

2009-07-15-GordonGecko740537.jpg

Gordon Gekko from Wall Street, though his status as "evil" is debatable.

Last edited:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Evil ENFP: the Seductress, who completely upsets the emotions of the main character and by the time the main character succumbs to the Seductress, she's bored with him already and moves on to a new lover victim. She leaves behind lots of broken hearts...
Example: Carmen from the Bizet opera.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Evil INTP guess

Milton Waddams (red swingline stapler)
Clyde Shelton (Law Abiding Citizen)
The Puppet Master (Ghost in the Shell)

Theory/psychological profile
This class of criminals are about undermining a system rather than a specific person. They see that there is something wrong with society, or a way of doing things and so they study and create ways of interrupting and dissolving these systems. Their execution strategy is through intermediaries: working only through messengers. It's extremely rare to find an INTP personally killing someone except in those cases of personal retribution or personal vindication.

The difference between an INTJ and INTP criminal is that an INTP will give the current system a try and then find that the system's bad parts outweigh the good parts. The INTJ criminal will reject the current system an try to install a new one of their design. In short general terms, INTP will try a bad system, INTJ will reject it on definitive grounds or on principle.

The aftermath of a successful plan is somewhat different for the two. I suspect that the evil INTJ will want to rule this new paradigm and therefore will show their face at some point for the public to recognize their new leader. The evil INTP will be extremely difficult to catch because they wouldn't mind being the janitor or secretary of the new system, therefore never showing their face. To catch the evil INTP is to apply pressure and monitor movement patterns and resource usages. The general weakness of the evil INTP is love.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Evil INTP: what about the Failed Genius? The depressed, seclused one who thinks the world would never appreciate his geniality? Either he can take revenge on the world like Durentu describes. He wouldn't do it following a plan - that's for the INTJs - but he can be quite destructive, being smart and random.
Or he can be quite harmless to the world, but a pain in the ass to the main character.

Maybe that's the key to get to an Evil INFP. Firstly let's destroy a myth - Fi isn't always good. Corrupted personal values, an emotional thirst and even love can be quite destructive. Now take an unbalanced INFP... an emotional leech, randomly going from one extreme mood to the other, when he's there everybody walks on eggs and when he's away everybody is worried he might kill himself.
This one needs help and might be seen as a victim rather than as a villain. But in the meantime he's destroying the lives of everybody around him. And the people are ashamed of seeing him as the pain in the ass he IS, because, well, poor guy!
(Hm... this idea is spawning a story in my mind...)

Edit: I've mulled this around in my head and thought up some generalities about evil Feelers...
They can use their Feeler tact and subtlety as a weapon. They use emotional blackmail, know the precise words to hurt people (just like a good Feeler knows how to support people), are the popular kid in the playground whimsically deciding who's in the in-group and who not,... They don't stick out as villains. People hate them but can't find a reason why. On the surface of things, they don't do anything wrong. They get under the skin of the main character, making Main appear as the villain!

Last edited:

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ESTJ: Evil, Brutal Overlords.
Examples: Darth Sidious, Darth Malak, Apophis, Anubis. (Both Stargate SG-1)
ESFJ: Um... Stalkers?
Examples: I can't type evil Fs that well, none offhand.
ISTJ: Merciless enforcers.
Examples: Darth Vader, Clone Generals.
ESTP: Thoughtless Mercenaries, Psychotic characters who screw with other people's lives because they find it fun.
Examples: Boba Fett, Ledger-Joker, Kefka Palazzo?
ESFP: Subversive jerks that destroy relationships for fun or to get their way.
ISTP: Supervillain sidekicks with technical aptitude?
ISFP: N/A
ENTJ: The otherworldly evil mastermind who hates humans because it's their nature.
Examples: White Witch, Millennium Earl.
ENTP: Evil Geniuses who build doomsday devices. Yes, I mean YOU out there.
Examples: Waaaaaaay too many of these to list. Look at an old-school comic book, and you'll see what I mean.
INTJ: Evil masterminds who appear to live a daily life, but create several events that collide at an exact moment to create a catastrophe.
Examples: Danny Ocean, Darth Traya.
INTP: Any amoral nutjob who does things for purely intellectual reasons, but at great expense to others. Alternatively, any character who has no emotions or impulse control.
Examples: Kefka Palazzo?
ENFJ: Characters who want to destroy half the world because it'll SOMEHOW (in their mind, anyway) save the other half for good.
Examples: Linderman, Darth Traya?
ENFP: The crazed crusader who goes around destroying things because they think that it'll help (regardless of if it actually does)
Examples: Light Yagami.
INFJ: N/A
INFP: N/A
Sorry, but I have a hard time typing evil Fs

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Actually ENTP evil would be writing a book about evil like Machievelii.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Invisiblemonkey: after a quick skim, I'd argue that light as an F or P is kind of a stretch. Also, I'd class the Joker as an N. I'd also class him as an F, but there's probably a lot of debate about that.

Also, archetypal comic book villains lean heavily J, I'd think.

I'd like to cite examples of each, and may try later, but I think I'd have a hard time of it and may not have the MBTI knowledge necessary to do so very accurately.

KDude

The Joker is so completely screwed up it's hard to tell who he is. I'm not even sure he's an "E". He could just be a pissed off, vindictive introvert.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
ENFP: The crazed crusader who goes around destroying things because they think that it'll help (regardless of if it actually does)
Examples: Light Yagami.

WHAT?! While I do not wish to turn this into another "what type is Light Yagami?" thread, that is entirely asinine. First of all, Light Yagami is certainly no P. He neurotically plans literally every single action he takes. Calling him an F is a bit more reasonable, but still moronic. He is emotionally motivated, having a single-minded desire to wipe out crime and individuals perceived by him to be detrimental to society - however, he displays no sympathy whatsoever for the victims of these crimes, and makes most of his decisions based on logical assessment rather than his emotions. I'd argue that Light Yagami is INTJ (as he doesn't care for social interaction unless there happens to be some sort of gain for him contained within it, and he seems to be Ni-dominant), but I suppose one could make a somewhat reasonable argument for him being ENTJ.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ok, I won't reference Yagami. I still cite my definition of an evil ENFP as accurate, though. I couldn't think of anyone who actually kills/destroys on a person-by-person basis... An AC assassin? (More likely Ezio than Altair)

KDude

ISTPs are never evil either.. At worst, they're just badass heroes with lots of collateral damage.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Ok, I won't reference Yagami. I still cite my definition of an evil ENFP as accurate, though. I couldn't think of anyone who actually kills/destroys on a person-by-person basis... An AC assassin? (More likely Ezio than Altair)

Harley Quinn from Batman is a good example of an evil ENFP. She's willing to kill anyone due to her psychotic crush on The Joker.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Lol at Evil ENTP and doomsday machines...

No Perceiving Villain should be helpless if their master "plan" fails :D!
At the other hand, no superweapon of a Perceiving Villain is operational when the heroes get there. Either it's "ready" in the Perceiving sense - it just needs some power, but as that won't take much time, it's ready. Or it was operational, but our villain took it apart again just to add another feature.

What about the classic mad scientist? The one who fails to see his inventions are out of control and harming the world, because he only looks at how the invention would be once it's finished?