User Tag List

Thread: Omar Bin Laden, Osama's son

Default Omar Bin Laden, Osama's son

Reading through this article I was wondering what would be Omar Bin Laden's type:

Growing Up Bin Laden: Osama's Son Speaks - TIME

The article stresses that despite an extreme upbringing and being indoctrinated from the very beginning with hateful propaganda by his father Omar managed to grow up into a healthy human being. Even before he left the family home he strongly opposed his father's extreme views and instead wanted to work for peace.

Which type could keep such moral independence, have a moral core that is almost separate from the environment it was brought up in? (The analogy that comes to my mind is that his sense of right and wrong is like a diamond hidden in the middle of a swamp, it might be surrounded by dirt but it won't be shaped by it.)

Primary Introverted Feeler? INFP? ISFP? Or maybe INFJ? (I have also experience with being in stifling and hypocritical religious environments and after falling for it in the beginning something in me just went: "That is wrong!" and I started making up my own mind/feelings/values and left the environment because I just couldn't take the (lemming) mindset of the people anymore.) Would he be an Enneagramm 9?

Here is a photo album of the Bin Laden family, especially in the photos as a grown-up Omar has a soft, idealistic IxFP look about him:

A Bin Laden Family Album - Photo Essays - TIME

Freshman Member Array simulatedworld's Avatar
    7w6 sx/so

sounds INFP to me
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

seems to have a very apparent Fi, coupled with some idealism. INFPs do tend to do their own thing regardless of their environment (or at least retain their own moral values), so it seems likely.

I have been thinking about this story and one thing really struck me about it. A lot of us are living in environments where rational, extroverted skills are encouraged, we are taught to be achievers, to compete, to sell ourselves well etc so introverted feelers like this guy who want to be true to themselves can have a hard time coping and are sometimes seen as wishy-washy, hippy-dippy. But his story shows what incredible power a strong moral compass actually has, it helped him to survive in a hostile environment whose values were completely opposed to his and kept him from losing himself and his mind.