Thread: Shopgirl

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Shopgirl

The book, not the movie, but feel free to type either.

Mirabelle - INFP
    Ray - INTJ
    Jeremy - INTP ???
    Lisa - ESTP

Mirabelle might be INFJ....? I related to her a lot, except occasional descriptions of her thinking, which sounded more Ni than Fi to me, but then maybe that's cuz Steve Martin is likely an INTJ and, IMO, nails Ni Te pretty well in his Ray character. For the most part, she seems judging dominant, but perceiving and easy-going on the surface.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I thought it was an INFP girl/ INFJ guy dynamic?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I thought it was an INFP girl/ INFJ guy dynamic?
    You think he's INFJ? In the book, he was into external efficiency, and I thought that seemed very Te.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Sorry, haven't read the book yet.
    But I have seen the movie.

I think Mbelle is an INFP. I can probably attribute this to how Claire Danes, who tends to play INFP(like) roles (that or she herself is in fact an INFP), plays her.

I thought Ray was maybe INTp.
    He was some computer programming blah blah blah dork in the movie, so I'm sticking with NT for him

Jeremy was SP in the movie. Very SP. Probably ISTP.
    Jason Schwartzman (?) has a way of making every character he plays appear to be a doofus. That has nothing to do with what I think of ISTPs as a whole, but judging from the INTP I know "doofus" is not something I'd ever describe him as being. Ever.

Lisa?
    ESTP, yeah.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think jason schwartzman is an enfj or an infj. in bored to death his character seems very infj. he can't play a role without having Fe written all over him, it is what makes him disarming and charming and oh so sensitive. i heart huckabees, rushmore, darjeeling limited, etc.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i think jason schwartzman is an enfj or an infj. in bored to death his character seems very infj. he can't play a role without having Fe written all over him, it is what makes him disarming and charming and oh so sensitive. i heart huckabees, rushmore, darjeeling limited, etc.
    I agree, his own personality comes through a lot (same with Cusack, another NFJ)....but I think the book character has far less Fe.

Somehow, I don't see an ENFJ behaving that way towards Mirabelle at first. He doesn't know how to flirt/converse with women. Every ENFJ I know is pro at that. Maybe an INFJ then....are they quite that random though?

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Somehow, I don't see an ENFJ behaving that way towards Mirabelle at first. He doesn't know how to flirt/converse with women. Every ENFJ I know is pro at that. Maybe an INFJ then....are they quite that random though?
    imagine the Ni of an intj like a water hose. so focused and well-aimed. purposeful, efficient, goal-oriented, directed. and then imagine putting your thumb over it. that is the Ni of an infj, spraying everywhere. so yes?

also, i can't imagine a steve martin book having any Fe in any of the characters. he seems so cold. i wonder what his enneagram type is?