• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shopgirl

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The book, not the movie, but feel free to type either.

Mirabelle - INFP
Ray - INTJ
Jeremy - INTP ???
Lisa - ESTP

Mirabelle might be INFJ....? I related to her a lot, except occasional descriptions of her thinking, which sounded more Ni than Fi to me, but then maybe that's cuz Steve Martin is likely an INTJ and, IMO, nails Ni Te pretty well in his Ray character. For the most part, she seems judging dominant, but perceiving and easy-going on the surface.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought it was an INFP girl/ INFJ guy dynamic?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought it was an INFP girl/ INFJ guy dynamic?

You think he's INFJ? In the book, he was into external efficiency, and I thought that seemed very Te.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sorry, haven't read the book yet.
But I have seen the movie.

I think Mbelle is an INFP. I can probably attribute this to how Claire Danes, who tends to play INFP(like) roles (that or she herself is in fact an INFP), plays her.

I thought Ray was maybe INTp.
He was some computer programming blah blah blah dork in the movie, so I'm sticking with NT for him ;)

Jeremy was SP in the movie. Very SP. Probably ISTP.
Jason Schwartzman (?) has a way of making every character he plays appear to be a doofus. That has nothing to do with what I think of ISTPs as a whole, but judging from the INTP I know "doofus" is not something I'd ever describe him as being. Ever.

Lisa?
ESTP, yeah.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think jason schwartzman is an enfj or an infj. in bored to death his character seems very infj. he can't play a role without having Fe written all over him, it is what makes him disarming and charming and oh so sensitive. i heart huckabees, rushmore, darjeeling limited, etc.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think jason schwartzman is an enfj or an infj. in bored to death his character seems very infj. he can't play a role without having Fe written all over him, it is what makes him disarming and charming and oh so sensitive. i heart huckabees, rushmore, darjeeling limited, etc.

I agree, his own personality comes through a lot (same with Cusack, another NFJ)....but I think the book character has far less Fe.

Somehow, I don't see an ENFJ behaving that way towards Mirabelle at first. He doesn't know how to flirt/converse with women. Every ENFJ I know is pro at that. Maybe an INFJ then....are they quite that random though?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Somehow, I don't see an ENFJ behaving that way towards Mirabelle at first. He doesn't know how to flirt/converse with women. Every ENFJ I know is pro at that. Maybe an INFJ then....are they quite that random though?

imagine the Ni of an intj like a water hose. so focused and well-aimed. purposeful, efficient, goal-oriented, directed. and then imagine putting your thumb over it. that is the Ni of an infj, spraying everywhere. so yes?

also, i can't imagine a steve martin book having any Fe in any of the characters. he seems so cold. i wonder what his enneagram type is?