• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Barack Obama's type?

What type is Barack Obama?

• Total voters

krunchtime

I don't know shit about MBTI, but I'm going to take a cheap shot. I'll type Obama as ENTP acting ENFJ. If it is possible for the 7th and 8th functions to be as highly developed or frequently utilized as dominant/ secondary functions, then his primary personality might consist of (Ne, Ti, Fi, Se). Early part of his life seems to be dominated by identity crisis, experimentation and discovery of personal values.

In dealing with the external world, he utilizes (Fe, Si, Ni, Te) which could appear similar to (Fe, Ni, Se, Ti). I see him drawing upon past experiences (Si) with intuition (Ni) to make judgements. He relies on concious use of Fe (maintain social networks) and Te (implementation and order) to get things done, projecting a very put-together image. Se (ENTP) seems to be more of a weak spot for him than Te (ENFJ). He conciously participates in activites as if to keep him grounded, but gives off the feeling that he lives in his own world.

I might be completely wrong of course. Is anyone talking about Obama anymore? :devil:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think before he became president you were all: wow he is so ENFJ.
And now you say its ESFP ?

I am curious, cause I rarely know him

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I want to believe he's ENTP, but he seems too organized. I've had to recant my opinion on this.

He's got plenty of handlers to take care of the Te-ish stuff for him.

I'm thinking he's ENFP. The vibe he gives off is so loose and casual. Plus, He's more of an improviser than a planner from what I can tell in his "behind the scenes" videos.

But what can one assess from the speeches of a politician? At the very least, their acting abilities. At the very most, their hidden agendas! :ninja:

He's much too pragmatic to be ENFP. I'd actually say that it's the personality type which is both most drawn to politics and least likely to hold high office, because it's the ultimate "true believer" type.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
After this Asia trip of Obama's, Im more convined he is an ENFP instead of an ENFJ. I thought he could be either initially.

He was pretty tired when he landed in Korea and avoided a lot of publicity. The kind of stress and burnout he experienced in Japan and China, would have affected an ENFP more than an ENFJ.

I think ENFP's "image" is many times thought of as that bubbly Alicia Silverstone type in "Clueless". I think this image overruns his innate beliefs and characteristics for some people's judgement.

As for the pragmatism, that comes with age for an ENFP or with anyone for that matter.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Definitely an "NF"
He's good at making speeches and communicating (E)
yet he avoids conflict (I).

I really don't prefer him.
I'd prefer an NT president or even SJ.

His speeches are probably written by others,
so he is mostly a mouthpiece.
It'll be hard to figure out his real type
as opposed to the type of his speech.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
There's no way that man is anything but a J.

I can kind of see ENFJ, but I think ENTJ fits the best. He's extremely logical, efficient, and has a knack for scheming. Seems like Fe would make life so much harder being a president.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
My good friend admires the hell out of Obama and they're actually strikingly similar in a lot of ways. Both are very smart and driven, a bit idealistic, biracial, political etc.

My friend is an ENxJ.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
There's no way that man is anything but a J.

I can kind of see ENFJ, but I think ENTJ fits the best. He's extremely logical, efficient, and has a knack for scheming. Seems like Fe would make life so much harder being a president.

You can't be president without it. Remember how many personalities you have to juggle in the position - someone with very weak Fe would make far too many enemies in the process to even get to the presidency (unless they were particularly shrewd; see Nixon, Richard).

F

figsfiggyfigs

ENTJ for sure... he seems to be able to keep a cool exterior, a calm, levelled head.

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
I would say ENFJ because he's so charismatic, and he's not at all a bully or a dick, like many ENTJs.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJ with an Fe-dom public mask. A poorly-fitted one, at that.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Barack Obama is a 9 and so can't be an ENTJ. He is ENFJ.
According to what is he a Nine? He seems 1 to me -- the 9 being a poorly-acted facade like the Fe is. Further, theoretically any MBTI type could correspond to any E-type, as they're two different systems.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Barack Obama have always seems like a sort of empty shnell for me. Not any real personal opinion, just merged with the opinions of americans and identified with. Hav'nt real special talent on his own, but good coordinator and facilitator. ENFJ, and probably a social 9w1.