• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Barack Obama's type?

What type is Barack Obama?

• Total voters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Barack Obama have always seems like a sort of empty shnell for me. Not any real personal opinion, just merged with the opinions of americans and identified with. Hav'nt real special talent on his own, but good coordinator and facilitator. ENFJ, and probably a social 9w1.
I disagree. I think he does have a real talent for making people think he cares -- when he actually does not give two shits about them. His Fe demonstrations seriously come out forced, he actually comes off as cold and emotionless when he speaks. I don't think he has any Fe at all.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can someone post videos please?

Chloe

Barack Obama is a 9 and so can't be an ENTJ. He is ENFJ.

He's 3, not 9, and he could be ENTJ even if he is 9..not very likely but he could.. why people keep having these rules "x type cant be y enneagram type" - who told you that...

i'd say he's ENFJ and enneagram 3

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a lot of kool-aid going around this thread. Can I have some? Preferably with a splash of whiskey and some hope? :yes:

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
There's a lot of kool-aid going around this thread. Can I have some? Preferably with a splash of whiskey and some hope? :yes:

Here is your Kool-aid:

zsitd.gif

Keep the change ya filthy animal.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Obama is not an Extravert- just listen to him speak! He's always thinking about what he wants to say- you could argue that he's a politically careful Extravert but his policies lead me to think Introvert. (He'd rather spend a night alone or with his family than talk to powerful people he doesn't necessarily have to talk to.)
Don't be fooled by the "change" and "hope" mantras either. This guy is more Ni than Ne. He's not a Feeler- you can feel how cold and detached Obama is.
I think INTJ. He reminds me of my brother a little bit who is also INTJ.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Obama is not an Extravert- just listen to him speak! He's always thinking about what he wants to say- you could argue that he's a politically careful Extravert but his policies lead me to think Introvert. (He'd rather spend a night alone or with his family than talk to powerful people he doesn't necessarily have to talk to.)
Don't be fooled by the "change" and "hope" mantras either. This guy is more Ni than Ne. He's not a Feeler- you can feel how cold and detached Obama is.
I think INTJ. He reminds me of my brother a little bit who is also INTJ.

I doubt that. I think he would be more strategic if he was actually an NTJ while in fact he is pretty good at making people feel touched.

I understand your reasong well it is just that INFJ seems much more likely to me. I mean he is a little bit too reserved for a ENFJ even if he has many ENFJish qualities .

Suzie

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Clearly he's an ESTP. He's an in the moment guy, responding situationally, not strategically. He's so graceful in the way he moves --very ESTP. He talks empathy, but doesn't communicate it the way an F would. Think Clinton, who was probably and ENFP or ESFP. Now Clinton felt your pain and you knew it.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's an alpha, and an idealist. Clever, outspoken, long-range thinker.
He has always been social, and always intersted in people and ideas. His facade seems authentic, because it is fully integrated in his personality, I see no dishonesty in him. He had to fight himself to find his faith.

I say ENFJ after reading 'The Audacity of Hope'.

Lightyear

ENFJ

Read his books, both of them, especially Dreams From My Father which he wrote a long time before the presidential race. Reading those I thought very much that he is an idealist. Though I also liked his pragmatism shining through, as an NFJ I can relate to that, on the one hand having high ideals but on the other hand just wanting to get things done too.

Also I would argue against ENTP because most ENTPs I know just love to start a little bit of conflict and to argue, they can have an almost guinea-pig like approach towards other humans, testing out with glee how other people will react. That's not Obama, he is great at being well-liked and creating a co-sensus. Also the Fe I have seen in a lot of ENTPs smells fake to me, I have a very good radar for Fe and if you are trying to use it to con people and to build your own little kingdom I can often sense that while Obama seems genuine to me. (though I have to say that "selfish Fe" is far more easy to detect in younger ENTPs) And though he is obviously not perfect I don't think I have ever heard him say anything that would sincerely make me question his motives or make me think that he is just one big fake hiding behind a friendly mask.

Liesl

I think he's xNTJ. Earlier in the discussion, someone said something along the lines of, 'Well, if he's not an ENFJ, he puts on an awfully good impersonation of one.' Ironically, I think that's exactly what's going on here. What has struck me about Obama is that he doesn't experience strong emotions. He said in an interview on the campaign trail in 2008, "Even on the campaign trail, I don't go through many ups and downs. I never feel too happy. I never feel too sad. I stay very much of the same temper."

I've seen an INTJ do a masterful impersonation of the INFJ for years on end at his job because he wanted to impress people. For him, it was part of the mastery of his job; he would do things he found uncomfortable just to play the part. I think Obama is probably an ENTJ who knows that appearing eloquent and deeply empathic toward people who would identify (either consciously or subconsciously) as 'downtrodden' or 'outcast' will help him achieve his agenda and unify people. And I agree, he's great at it.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think he's xNTJ. Earlier in the discussion, someone said something along the lines of, 'Well, if he's not an ENFJ, he puts on an awfully good impersonation of one.' Ironically, I think that's exactly what's going on here. What has struck me about Obama is that he doesn't experience strong emotions. He said in an interview on the campaign trail in 2008, "Even on the campaign trail, I don't go through many ups and downs. I never feel too happy. I never feel too sad. I stay very much of the same temper."

I've seen an INTJ do a masterful impersonation of the INFJ for years on end at his job because he wanted to impress people. For him, it was part of the mastery of his job; he would do things he found uncomfortable just to play the part. I think Obama is probably an ENTJ who knows that appearing eloquent and deeply empathic toward people who would identify (either consciously or subconsciously) as 'downtrodden' or 'outcast' will help him achieve his agenda and unify people. And I agree, he's great at it.

I agree with most of this. Obama really isn't an NF. His oratory style is.

One of the biggest complaints about him and the oil spill is that he can't emote to people and act passionate or angry about it. The press corps dubbed him No Drama Obama early on, and even started using that against him. And that's been his style the whole presidency so far. He's even-tempered, pragmatic, and analytical, much more so than ENTJs as well. I think he's a chameleon INTx.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ, if that's the case. Which would make him the 11th INTJ president so far.

Psychdigg

Based on the picture of Obama swimming in Hawaii I would figure his somatotype is:

Endomorph 2.5 Mesomorph: 4.5 Ectomorph: 5.5

That would make him an INTJ according to the chart below (2,4,5) :

wpad5994d6_05.jpg

Last edited:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
What type is Barack Obama?

I'm sorry if a poll has been done already, but I only saw a thread without a poll, and, well, as a Te aux, I like empirical data.

I also believe, to an extent, in the wisdom of markets, so...

Vote away, people!

G

Glycerine

I don't see an actual poll unless you want us to just state what we think?