User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Barack Obama?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTJ?

4 19.05%
  • INTJ?

3 14.29%
  • ENTP?

2 9.52%
  • INTP?

0 0%
  • ENFJ?

8 38.10%
  • INFJ?

0 0%
  • ENFP?

2 9.52%
  • INFP?

0 0%
  • ESTJ?

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESFJ?

0 0%
  • ISFJ?

0 0%
  • ESTP?

1 4.76%
  • ISTP?

1 4.76%
  • ESFP?

0 0%
  • ISFP?

0 0%
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

A fatal assumption is to think that the presidents type will affect what happens that much. I know an ENTP in politics and he doesn't rock the boat at all. The ENFJ I know hardly speaks up in formal arenas.

Type is not everything.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    I

He's ENTP.

Why does everyone think ENFJ? Can someone explain this choice?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    He's ENTP.

He puts on a feeler facade to help win over the clueless masses.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    He's ENTP.

Because he's really good at faking that benevolent pedagogue charisma thing.

I do think he's ENFP, though. I agree with Ne dom but I'm not sure where you're getting Ti from.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Enneagram
    1w2

I wrote this a while ago about Obama. I'm still collecting as much insight into how Obama acts prviately and personally and not as a president.

I don't doubt Obama is a Fe user, I think he's either an ENFJ or an ENTP (not an ENFP at all). But I continually see more Fe/Se from him than Ne/Fe. Over the last year or so I've tried to get as much personal information about his personality as possible and it keeps striking me as Fe first. Even at his inauguration when I was standing out in the crowd they were playing his iPod playlist over the speakers and it was a bunch of pop music standard (Madonna, Beyonce, Santana's newest stuff) something you'd hear on your local top 40 radio.

The way he's chosen to reach out, his weekly web addresses, the special People's Inaugural Ball where us regular folks had a chance to get, how much he's trying to connect locally with the mayor of DC. I don't see an ENTP being the focused on fostering personal connections with people. He even uses "we" and "our" so much that it's crazy! He's incredibly thoughtful towards how his message is taken and prefers to lead through consensus. Even look at how less than 10 days in office the first interview he has is with al Jazzera telling the Muslim world that "we are not your enemy." Do ENTPs do this much reaching out naturally? I just don't see them doing that.

Even if he was an ENTP, he'd seem more similar in nature to Pres. Bill Clinton because they'd both be Ne-dominants. Obama is more measured and purposeful in how he presents himself. He has a very camera ready appearance which kind of belies the EP desire to wing it a bit.

To some extent a new president has to have the whole new ideas and change mantra going on. Especially after eight years of Bush. But I'm thinking just because people hear the words "Change" and "Ideas" they automatically think ENxP.

Check these out:
    PostPartisan - Obama Cozies Up to Congress

Obama, Reaching Outside the Bubble - washingtonpost.com
    Obama has made a habit of sitting alone behind his desk and reading one letter at a time, friends and advisers said. The exercise is intended to help keep him grounded, but it also provides Obama with a glimpse beyond the White House walls and the Secret Service perimeter into what the president sometimes refers to as "the real world."
    He also seems like a very hands-on president, even by the way he ran his campaign. Those are very Fe-Se habits, wanting to keep your hear to the ground and continue to be in touch with the REALITIES of what's effecting people. He seems more willing to get into detail work than I'd think an ENTP would. An ENTP would typically work out the mechanics of what they want to do first (and by themselves) then present it after they feel like it's at least complete.

He wants to get to know the politicians he works with on Capital Hill in a way no president has done before him. Even on Superbowl Sunday he through a party at the White House and invited key congressmen and senators. It's just so much Fe!

Younger staff members said Obama likes to be kept up on their gossip about weekend nights and new girlfriends and feels left out anytime he's the last to know what's going on in their lives. On Super Bowl Sunday, he invited a few dozen people to the White House for a party and implemented two rules: no talking about politics and no posed pictures. Instead, Obama instructed a personal photographer to follow him during the party and take candid shots of him chatting with his guests, which would be mailed to them later. Obama explained to a few congressmen in attendance that he wanted to feel like a part of the group, not apart from it.
    How much more Fe do you need to be to actually be a Fe-dominant!? It's too much persistent and nuanced social strategy for him to be ENTP. ENTPs flub after awhile because it's hard to maintain being that deep into Fe for an extended amount of time.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ I thought he was ENFJ too until he made that comment about the special olympics on Jay Leno. That seems like Ne off-the-cuff joking around and then realizing it's said something really distasteful.

I think ENFJs would be too calculated to make that sort of mistake.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ I thought he was ENFJ too until he made that comment about the special olympics on Jay Leno. That seems like Ne off-the-cuff joking around and then realizing it's said something really distasteful.

I think ENFJs would be too calculated to make that sort of mistake.
    *shrug* Everybody makes a faux pas now and then. I know an ENFJ girl that's famous for putting her foot in her mouth.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

If he's not an ENFJ, then he is doing an excellent impersonation of one...which wouldn't be impossible, but I still doubt it.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I wrote this a while ago about Obama. I'm still collecting as much insight into how Obama acts prviately and personally and not as a president.

I don't doubt Obama is a Fe user, I think he's either an ENFJ or an ENTP (not an ENFP at all). But I continually see more Fe/Se from him than Ne/Fe. Over the last year or so I've tried to get as much personal information about his personality as possible and it keeps striking me as Fe first. Even at his inauguration when I was standing out in the crowd they were playing his iPod playlist over the speakers and it was a bunch of pop music standard (Madonna, Beyonce, Santana's newest stuff) something you'd hear on your local top 40 radio.

The way he's chosen to reach out, his weekly web addresses, the special People's Inaugural Ball where us regular folks had a chance to get, how much he's trying to connect locally with the mayor of DC. I don't see an ENTP being the focused on fostering personal connections with people. He even uses "we" and "our" so much that it's crazy! He's incredibly thoughtful towards how his message is taken and prefers to lead through consensus. Even look at how less than 10 days in office the first interview he has is with al Jazzera telling the Muslim world that "we are not your enemy." Do ENTPs do this much reaching out naturally? I just don't see them doing that.

Even if he was an ENTP, he'd seem more similar in nature to Pres. Bill Clinton because they'd both be Ne-dominants. Obama is more measured and purposeful in how he presents himself. He has a very camera ready appearance which kind of belies the EP desire to wing it a bit.

To some extent a new president has to have the whole new ideas and change mantra going on. Especially after eight years of Bush. But I'm thinking just because people hear the words "Change" and "Ideas" they automatically think ENxP.

Check these out:
    PostPartisan - Obama Cozies Up to Congress

Obama, Reaching Outside the Bubble - washingtonpost.com

He also seems like a very hands-on president, even by the way he ran his campaign. Those are very Fe-Se habits, wanting to keep your hear to the ground and continue to be in touch with the REALITIES of what's effecting people. He seems more willing to get into detail work than I'd think an ENTP would. An ENTP would typically work out the mechanics of what they want to do first (and by themselves) then present it after they feel like it's at least complete.

He wants to get to know the politicians he works with on Capital Hill in a way no president has done before him. Even on Superbowl Sunday he through a party at the White House and invited key congressmen and senators. It's just so much Fe!

How much more Fe do you need to be to actually be a Fe-dominant!? It's too much persistent and nuanced social strategy for him to be ENTP. ENTPs flub after awhile because it's hard to maintain being that deep into Fe for an extended amount of time.
    That's good reasoning, you've convinced me. Maybe part of my doubt was that I don't think I actually know a single ENFJ. I honestly didn't know all this info, now I believe that ENFJ is a strong possibility.

MBTI
    enfp

I think he is an ENF with a 55/45 J/P balance.

I am amazed at how steady and generally controlled he is with his actions, making the "right decisions", yet at the same time being able to find common grounds among such a wide variety of people in such a genuine way. Btw, he does have moments of "hermit" behavior, to recharge his energy after interacting with so many people putting himself out there.