User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: INFP Villains?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I could see an NFP going nihilist after some sort of trauma and acquiring that new set of principles/beliefs as he/she tried to make sense out of the situation.
    Exactly. That happened to me, and I was absolutely dysfunctional and quite horrible for a few years. I couldn't understand the situation I was in because it conflicted with, and offended my principles. So I tried to disown them which just left me very nihilistic and hateful.

During that time, my prime objective was to show everyone how meaningless and worthless life was. I really believed it to be true and was jealous of, if not furious with all the people who had things to believe in. I think that's really reflected in NFP "Villains"

Needless to say, I regained them and am now as much of a diehard idealist as I ever was. Strange, really.

MBTI
    INFP

I think INFPs are probably the type most prone to genuine nihilism (as distinct from mere selfishness), since we're probably the type least constrained by mores and the opinions of those around us. Thus when we lose our way with our core values we can really lose our way. I think this probably leads more often to serious addictions and suicide than villainy though.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I think this probably leads more often to serious addictions and suicide than villainy though.
    Yeah that's where the villain part breaks down. Being a villain is obviously forcing your anger outside of yourself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILE

I thought of one! INFP's would be the bad guy because they are lazy and make slaves out of people...you could make up a story about a pharaoh that had the ethical perfection of a demonic cult and also makes the slaves build pyramids. HAHAHA!

MBTI
    : ENTP (Ne,Ti, Fe, Si)
    Enneagram: 4>9>6 ISP.
    Functions: Ne, Ti, Fe =excellent Si, Fi=good Te, Ni=limited Se=unused.
    My Temperament: Theorist >Catalyst>Stabilizer >Improviser
    Interacting Style: Get Things Going>In Charge>Chart the Course>Behind the Scenes
    Preferences: I like ESFJ's, & INFJ's.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Indeed. Reminds me of my former religion teacher. He introduced us to a typology consisting of three dichotomies: Emotional vs non-Emotional; Active vs non-Active and Primary vs Secundary. EAS was 'passionate' and nEnAS would be 'amorphous'. He said that there were good and bad examples of every type; only he discussed mostly 'passionates'...
    Really, who wants to be 'amorphous'?
    Even if you only use the letters, who wants to be non-Active?

That's why I prefer MBTI. ENTJ does not sound like a better or worse character than ISFP.

Maybe this would be an interesting exercise: try to find both good and evil characters of every type...
    Yes, I know the typology in question. Passionate is ESFJ or ENFJ: Active, Emotive and Secundary.

Amorphous is INTP or ISTP: The exact opposite of Passionate: Non-Active, Non-Emotive and Primary. As you can see, I am Amorphous. I morph not. I am devoid of a form.
    I structure not. Do I want to be Amorphous? Yes. Do I want to waste my life in endless Passion? No.

You are Active, Non-Emotive and Primary. In the other words, you are a Sanguine. Your exact opposite is Non-Active, Emotive and Secundary: The Sentimental: INFJ or ISFJ.

Then there is the Phlegmatic. She is Active, Non-Emotive and Secundary: The ESTJ or the ENTJ. Very common in the army. In the high echelons of course. Unfortunately, also common type among the university professors. Her exact opposite is Non-Active, Emotive and Primary: the Nervous: The INFP or the ISFP. The Poet or the Artist. Edgar Allan, Vincent Van.

Exercise makes perfect. Your religion teacher in vain despised the Amorphous. Because he was the Passionate, the opposite. A typical priest. The evil character of the type makes bombs. Because the Passion is there, although ill directed.

One variable: Two types. Two variables: Four types. Three variables: Eight types. Four variables: Sixteen types.

Oh. I forgot The Choleric and her opposite, the Apathetic.
    Choleric: Active, Emotive, Primary. ENFP or ESFP.
    Apathetic: Non-Active, Non-Emotive, Secundary. ISTJ or INTJ.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I can't think of any INFP villains off the top of my head.
    Russian tsar Nikolay II, he is villain... a little. Actor-INFP Kevin Spacey who played a villain in "Seven", some other bad guys and girls played by INFPs.
    The problem is, INFPs prefer to do non-good things secretively, with somebody else's hands (inspiring some ESTP, for example), while keeping themselves somewhere in a shadow. In most cases INFPs look cute and smily, but in the same time they can hold a club after thier back.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Here's a clip from The Omen.

The evil clown at 0:46 is definitely INFP.

YouTube - The Omen Death Scene

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Actually, Anakin was an ENFP, and then when he turned evil he type shadowed and became an ISTJ. That intrigues me.
    This actually makes a shitload of sense.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFP

Wouldn't Sadako of the "Ringu" series fit in here too!?

Quite Introverted but when she warms up to someone, she really does!

Intuitive - needs no explanations...

Feeling - She strikes me as such hence her ability at extreme anger towards human society in general.

Perceptive - needs no explanation...

Wonder if this makes any sense to you?!

Sniffles

Does Barney count as INFP? He's pure evil!