• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP Villains?

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
According to my brother, the talented Mr. Ripley is and INFP...

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I think INFP's are capable of pure evil (like everyone else), but I also think that we have a moral consciousness that won't allow that mindset to last for too long. We are so prone to self-reflection.:yes:

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJs make better evil villains, especially if its what I call a poisoned INFJ. (One who has taken too much abuse in their life and now their natural instincts to help people warp into an instinct to hurt people) It would be terrifying.

i think darth vader is an infj. i can totally understand and relate to his thought process and life battles,lol. same with black sabbath's iron man song- that is definitely a story about an infj gone to the dark side.

the thing about infj super villians is that i think they can have a great redemption story for them in the end.

their archilles heel in the dark side will be some true blue relationship that they can't resist but become good again for, i think relationships are also the reason for becoming evil- there needs to be that one person who you can be against the world with- you're against the world but you don't want it destroyed- but take away that relationship and watch out world there is nothing to redeem itself in the eyes of an infj too abused by this world with no one left to pull them out of the abyss of despair.

perhaps the Fe causes the infj to have more expectations of how things should be on a global scale-so that is why they get so mad at the world- infps have more expectations of themselves- i don't think they would be as inclined to take it out on the world-perhaps infps would be super villians with very selected targets?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Darth Vador is most commonly typed as ISTJ.

Do you have any examples of INFJ villains? I'm curious.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haha, Imagine an ENFP Darth Vader.

ENFP Darth Vader = Insane movie plot

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, Imagine an ENFP Darth Vader.

ENFP Darth Vader = Insane movie plot

Actually, Anakin was an ENFP, and then when he turned evil he type shadowed and became an ISTJ. That intrigues me.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ

How the hell is Darth Vadar an ISTJ? I live with an ISTJ and know a few others, Darth Vadar is NOT an ISTJ. Maybe in Episode 4 and parts of 5.. but in 1-3 and 6 he was def not an ISTJ. I saw Obi Wan more as an ISTJ than anything.

As for an INFJ villain... hmm hows about Rasputin or Charles Manson?

ladypinkington

MBTI Type
INFJ

that is a misconception- he is not an istj by any means. he makes decisions based on feelings-

his mother was killed so he killed all the sand people
he felt betrayed and underappreciated and misunderstood by the jedi council so he was open to listening to the dark sith

he was redeemed by his love for his son

he joined the sith and betrayed everything all for the sake of trying to save his true love

he took everything personally and was extremely sensitive

do people even pay attention to these movies?

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
that is a misconception- he is not an istj by any means. he makes decisions based on feelings-

his mother was killed so he killed all the sand people
he felt betrayed and underappreciated and misunderstood by the jedi council so he was open to listening to the dark sith

he was redeemed by his love for his son

he joined the sith and betrayed everything all for the sake of trying to save his true love

he took everything personally and was extremely sensitive

do people even pay attention to these movies?

I am totally with you, I live with an ISTJ and he is no where near Darth Vadar personality wise. Darth Vadar was very emotional and his deep understanding of an abstraction like the force means he had to be Intuitive to some degree. And tossing away the established world for the woman you love is an INFJ trait if ever there was one. If thats not the bull headed value/feeling based decision making at a snap that INFJs do then I dont know what is.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, well that was my initial typing of him just going by memory. I'm not a big fan of star wars anyways. Your reasoning makes a lot of sense ladypinkington.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow make way for all the Star Wars Fanatics.

ladypinkington

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am glad people are seeing the light because otherwise I was going to have to build a death star,lol.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
And you know Darth Vader is an introvert because of...his need to retreat after parties? His shyness? His incredible introspection? What?
And we know he's a sensor because? He doesn't like to talk about theory?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All right, but what about INFPs?

Morbid as it is, the school shooter suggestion probably sounds most likely. That's how I guess I'd picture INFP villains: "The world doesn't deserve to live, so I will destroy it," or some dramatic stuff like that.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And you know Darth Vader is an introvert because of...his need to retreat after parties? His shyness? Hhis incredible introspection? What?
And we know he's a sensor because? He doesn't like to talk about theory?

I was analyzing functions, but apparently my impression of him is incorrect.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eREiQhBDIk"]xD[/YOUTUBE]

Tho one who would call him a villian would be a cretin :D

Silly_Siren

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have heard talk on this thread of unhealthy INFP's being villainous. But when INFP's aren't doing well they tend to be way too depressed and self-absorbed to assert themselves in this manner. The worst I could see is creepy obsessed stalkerish INFP's. The school shooter/crazed loner idea I also agree with.