• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESFJ

princessleia1982

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
The ESFJ Club

List famous ESFJ's. If you are an ESFJ, then post that too. I would like to study ESFJ's exclusively. I am fascinated by ESFJ's and I would love to hear about your love lives...tell me about one or two of your past love relationships and what worked and didn't work? What drove you batty that they did or what did you simply adore that they did?

Last edited:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks but I would like to hear about just ESFJ's.
No, those are only the ESFJs from that link. He left out ESTJs, ISTJs, and ISFJs. I'm not familiar with most of those names, but maybe you are.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Queen Elisabeth II
Kanye West

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Moved some posts to the Graveyard, carry on

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am a hardcore E, and a clear J. I lean to the F side of the F/T "divide." I am unsure about S vs. N, because I definitely have elements of both. The ESFJ profile sounds most like me, although most people tend to guess ENFJ or ENTJ for me, based on my posts.

princessleia1982

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh, i am curious .. Why ESFJ's if you don't mind me asking? :D

I agree with the transformation bit .. I have always dressed rather conservative and reserved .. Now i have confidence (yeah, i was checking myself out in a shop window today) i have jazzed up my wardrobe. I feel great so i want to look great.

princessleia1982

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, i am curious .. Why ESFJ's if you don't mind me asking? :D

I agree with the transformation bit .. I have always dressed rather conservative and reserved .. Now i have confidence (yeah, i was checking myself out in a shop window today) i have jazzed up my wardrobe. I feel great so i want to look great.

Well saslou,
I am an INFP with ISFP body language. If you look at the matrix for who I am compatible with, it narrows down to an ENFJ or an ESFJ because I am both types INFP and ISFP. When I read the description of the ESFJ:
(rescuer, mothering, caretakers, protectors, liberal gift givers, enjoy being in charge, hyper vigilant, stern then unexpectedly merciful, vexed when bad situations happen to them, hard time letting go after a breakup or death of a lover) I fell head over heels in theory and realized I have dated one before. So I wrote this little blog about my ESFJ ex boyfriend in self reflection:

"I like to be dominated and controlled by a man. I don't know what it is about it that charms me but I love it. I like to be rescued when I naively get myself into trouble. I like to be babied and spoiled and taken care of. I like gifts on special occasions. I like it when a man is stern with me and then all of sudden gentle and kind. I like to calm down the kind of man that gets emotional and vexed from the situations of life. I like helping my man pick out nice clothes and shoes at the store. I like to put him on a pedestal and compliment him when he feels insignificant and insecure. I hide my feelings but I like it when a man realizes I loved him all along and is pleasantly surprised. I like to discover new things about him and I am always amazed about something he can do or something about who he is. I love like that Bolton song "when he is bad I can't see it, he can do no wrong." I imagine his face in a crowd or his arms holding me at different times when I am lonely. I want to be a better person morally so that my man will see how much he means to me. I want to lay around with him for hours and help him forget the weight of his responsibilities. I have only had this once and I had it with Aaron. Aaron was an ESFJ."

INFP

best matches: ENFJ,ESFJ

Supplement: ISTJ
Companion: INTP
Enigma: ISTP
Pal: ENFP
Anima: ESTJ
Tribesman: ENTP
Novelty: ESTP
Complement: INFJ
Suitemate: ISFJ
Advisor: INTJ
Neighbor: ISFP
Contrast: ENFJ
Cohort: ESFJ
Pedagogue: ENTJ
Counterpart: ESFP

ISFP
best matches: ESFJ,ENFJ

Supplement: INTJ
Companion:ISTP
Enigma: INTP
Pal: ESFP
Anima: ENTJ
Tribesman: ESTP
Novelty: ENTP
Complement: ISFJ
Suitemate: INFJ
Advisor: ISTJ
Neighbor: INFP
Contrast: ESFJ
Cohort: ENFJ
Pedagogue: ESTJ
Counterpart: ENFP

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
When I read the description of the ESFJ:
(rescuer, mothering, caretakers, protectors, liberal gift givers, enjoy being in charge, hyper vigilant, stern then unexpectedly merciful, vexed when bad situations happen to them, hard time letting go after a breakup or death of a lover) I fell head over heels in theory and realized I have dated one before.

:blush:
Rescuer, mothering, caretakers, protectors = Supporter
Liberal gift givers = Treating someone because you love them to the heavens and back
Enjoy being in charge = I was but didn't enjoy it, i'd prefer 50/50 in future
Hyper vigilant = Hmmmm
Stern then unexpectedly merciful = I have a short fuse but almost instantly i am OK again .. Laughter is the key there
Vexed when bad situations happen to them = You mean that dark cloud that just always lingered .. Thank god i changed that mentality
Hard time letting go after a breakup = Yes, but if i truly love you and i am not ready to let go, then i won't until i know, it's time. Still hard though

So I wrote this little blog about my ESFJ ex boyfriend in self reflection:

"I like to be dominated and controlled by a man. I don't know what it is about it that charms me but I love it. I like to be rescued when I naively get myself into trouble. I like to be babied and spoiled and taken care of. I like gifts on special occasions. I like it when a man is stern with me and then all of sudden gentle and kind. I like to calm down the kind of man that gets emotional and vexed from the situations of life. I like helping my man pick out nice clothes and shoes at the store. I like to put him on a pedestal and compliment him when he feels insignificant and insecure. I hide my feelings but I like it when a man realizes I loved him all along and is pleasantly surprised. I like to discover new things about him and I am always amazed about something he can do or something about who he is. I love like that Bolton song "when he is bad I can't see it, he can do no wrong." I imagine his face in a crowd or his arms holding me at different times when I am lonely. I want to be a better person morally so that my man will see how much he means to me. I want to lay around with him for hours and help him forget the weight of his responsibilities. I have only had this once and I had it with Aaron. Aaron was an ESFJ."

Wow .. Talk about honesty there. Awwww. It is nice in the sense you can be so open. I could not write from the heart so openly as i am then left in a position of vulnerability. I commend you regarding that. :hug:

How long were you two together for? Why did it end? (If you don't mind me asking, don't answer if you feel uncomfortable) :)

princessleia1982

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
:blush:
Rescuer, mothering, caretakers, protectors = Supporter
Liberal gift givers = Treating someone because you love them to the heavens and back
Enjoy being in charge = I was but didn't enjoy it, i'd prefer 50/50 in future
Hyper vigilant = Hmmmm
Stern then unexpectedly merciful = I have a short fuse but almost instantly i am OK again .. Laughter is the key there
Vexed when bad situations happen to them = You mean that dark cloud that just always lingered .. Thank god i changed that mentality
Hard time letting go after a breakup = Yes, but if i truly love you and i am not ready to let go, then i won't until i know, it's time. Still hard though

Wow .. Talk about honesty there. Awwww. It is nice in the sense you can be so open. I could not write from the heart so openly as i am then left in a position of vulnerability. I commend you regarding that. :hug:

How long were you two together for? Why did it end? (If you don't mind me asking, don't answer if you feel uncomfortable) :)

Oh man...that blog was nothing. I generally hide my feelings but when they come out they surprise even me... below is a copy of a blog I wrote that makes me cry every time I reread it and I wrote it! We were together for 3 years. There are pictures of us on other comments I have posted on this site if you look at my feed. We broke up because my best friend from childhood died and I wanted to be alone to grieve. When I finally came around, I had made so many mistakes and left him hanging so long that he had moved on. He waited for me for 2 years to come back to him and about 6 months after he stopped waiting I came back but he was taken. Now they are broken up but he doesn't trust me not to break his heart again. He keeps up an icy wall that I can't penetrate nowadays.

Blog:
I had a dream last night about Aaron. In my dream Aaron was in another country and he lived alone. He had girls that he dated but no one special. I want to think that he was in Europe or the UK. He lived in an apartment that was pretty big. So somehow he arranged for me to come visit him and stay in his spare bedroom. His voice was deeper and I was having a hard time seeing him as the same guy that I once knew when we were younger. After spending some time together, he kissed me and it was like our physical bodies disappeared and we became spirits and and all of sudden our eyes saw each other as we really were on the inside. We both looked at each other in amazement at what we had found out...that we are soulmates. Then we quickly went back to our blind bodies with strange voices. This happened over and over like we were peeking into the future by being in the spirit and it scared me to think it was so true...so final. But at the same time, deep inside I had always wanted to know so I kept coming back to kiss. I would look at him in the physical and he would not look perfect...his hair was balding, he was not in shape...etc...but in the spirit he was perfect so I couldn't make the two make sense. I guess I didn't figure into the equation that my soulmate might be physically less appealing because we are in a fallen world. Then I remembered the man that was carried through the special olympics by his friend even though he was a quadriplegic. And I realized that no matter what Satan has done to our appearance through circumstance or genetics, God will still make the desires of our heart come true. I don’t remember all the details but I remember hearing another similar story about a young man competing in a marathon. He was nearing the end of the race when he tore a ligament, stumbled and fell down writhing in pain. Out of nowhere a stranger stepped forward from the crowd, picked up the young runner and carried him to the finish line. He didn’t win, but he finished the race. I thought about this and how God wants the same from me. Then I scolded myself for being so vain. And I realized that God makes himself revealed through our weaknesses and deficits. I would rather have great love then gorgeous looks. And I wonder if anyone could put this vision inside of the man he has for me so that it won't matter how I look to him because I want the love I give him to be the thing that he finds the most beautiful...I want to marry a man that would love me even if I was mentally disabled and quadriplegic. I want a man that is close enough to God that loving me would be obeying God to make my dream come true for awesome love even when I don't deserve it and can't earn it like the quadriplegic that was carried. Lord please have someone see my heart and love me like that man loved his friend. And help me to do the same. And if a man won't love me despite all I have done wrong then I pray that God himself will come down and carry me so that I get the love I always dreamed of like Derek Redmond and his Dad who knew he so desired to win the race and make it to the finished line that he helped him to get there. And if I have to go out without winning the man that would love me then at least let me try with God right beside me all the way. Lord help me to win Aaron's heart back.​
YouTube - Derek Redmond and Dad
YouTube - I can only imagine (Mercy me) - Ironman, Australia

redacted

sounds like you take the matches thing a bit too seriously...

there are cool and uncool people of all types.

princessleia1982

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
sounds like you take the matches thing a bit too seriously...

there are cool and uncool people of all types.

I think you misunderstand the thread. I dated an ESFJ but I didn't know he was one until recently and I am noticing trends in their behavior and this thread was simply created to study ESFJ's and their personalities. I study each type as they intrigue me...I just happen to be fascinated with ESFJ's at the moment. In the past I have studied ENFP's, and INFJ's. You can create an INTP post of your own if you like, but I would mainly like to hear only from ESFJ's or people willing to contribute to the topic about ESFJ's whom they may know. Thanks.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh man...that blog was nothing. I generally hide my feelings but when they come out they surprise even me... below is a copy of a blog I wrote that makes me cry every time I reread it and I wrote it! We were together for 3 years. There are pictures of us on other comments I have posted on this site if you look at my feed. We broke up because my best friend from childhood died and I wanted to be alone to grieve. When I finally came around, I had made so many mistakes and left him hanging so long that he had moved on. He waited for me for 2 years to come back to him and about 6 months after he stopped waiting I came back but he was taken. Now they are broken up but he doesn't trust me not to break his heart again. He keeps up an icy wall that I can't penetrate nowadays.

Blog:

I've seen the pictures you have posted of the pair of you. He is cute.
Wow .. He waited 2 years, bless, he really must of loved you.
Unfortunately when the trust is lost, you'll never get back what was, well with me anyway, lol
That is sad though.
It is possibly time to leave the past where it belongs and move forward darling.
Regardless of type i am sure there is a lovely man waiting for you out there somewhere ;)

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I think ESFJ's are like diamonds waiting to be discovered I mean they dress kinda plain but once someone gives them a new wardrobe and even a little bit of style, just look at the transformation!

I would have to agree with this. I tend to dress pretty practically. However, when the occasion warrants and I am willing to spend the money and effort for the sake of dressing appropriately or bringing success in some way, I can, to quote a friend, "...look like a rock star!" I love dressing trendy or stylish and looking well-put together, but my practicality often gets the better of me. If I can justify putting the time/money towards it rather than other things, I have the ability to dress and look fantastic. I just have to perceive it as a need to justify the impracticality of it. I don't know if that makes sense or not. When I do know that I'm dressed well and look very put-together, my confidence level goes through the roof. I walk around feeling like a real sexy beast. :D

Rescuer, mothering, caretakers, protectors - Yes, all true. I have the ability to think and plan ahead to anticipate what people need or will benefit them. I love when I see a possible need an am able to meet it before my loved one even realizes that it's needed. I tend to be very alert to possible needs as well as possible scenarios and then enjoy planning appropriately for those things. I love helping people and taking care of them. I also love protecting them from possible hurt.

Liberal gift givers - When I am able to, I love giving nice gifts. I usually give these on occasions that call for it, however. I am not necessarily one to often get "just because" gifts. Holidays and special occasions are very important to me, though, so buying a nice gift is just part of the ever-so-important celebration.

Enjoy being in charge - I do enjoy it, and the reason why is because I like to be responsible for many different things and then carry them through to completion. I enjoy organizing people and tasks to finish a job within the required time. However, I am fine with doing this in the background and letting someone else take the stage. I do need to know that the people directly over me appreciate my work, but I am fine with things going unnoticed by most people while I work in the background.

Hyper vigilant - Yes, I do tend to keep a watch out for dangerous or potentially hurtful situations. I am often prepared for different possible scenarios.

Stern then unexpectedly merciful - Oh, so true. I laughed out loud when I read this description of ESJF because it is so true of me: "Strong, contradictory forces consume the ESFJ. Their sense of right and wrong wrestles with an overwhelming rescuing, 'mothering' drive. This sometimes results in swift, immediate action taken upon a transgressor, followed by stern reprimand; ultimately, however, the prodigal is wrested from the gallows of their folly, just as the noose tightens and all hope is lost, by the very executioner!" Wow, so true of me.

Vexed when bad situations happen to them - Yes, very, very true.

Hard time letting go after a breakup or death of a lover - I agree with what Sas said on this one. "Yes, but if i truly love you and i am not ready to let go, then i won't until i know, it's time." It takes me awhile to let go and move on. Basically I have to come to the point where I truly believe that I've done everything possible to rectify the situation or bring healing to the relationship first.

Go to this thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/20781-famous-sj-s.html

According to it:

Danny Glover
Dixie Carter
John Connally
Mary Moore
Nancy Kerrigan
Sally Field
Steve Spurrier
Terry Bradshaw
William McKinley
Elvis Stojko

I can definitely see myself as Mary Tyler Moore. I will have to look up who some of these people are...I only know about 5-6 of them.