• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
All the characters are so poorly written that it is impossible to type them. Family guy sucks go away.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
All the characters are so poorly written that it is impossible to type them.
This is actually true to a degree for certain characters, such as Chris and Quagmire. They are very far from showing normal human characteristics, so they essentially don't have a type. I mean, seriously, can you really type Quagmire?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
If Brian was anymore INTP than he is, than he'd practically have INTP written on his forehead.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
If Brian was anymore INTP than he is, than he'd practically have INTP written on his forehead.

Once again too poorly written. Brian only serves the purpose of spouting left wing tripe and on rare occasions being the voice of reason(this was in the early seasons and was quickly abandonded in favor of him being a 2-d self insert political moutpiece)

Stewies character is so inconsistant and overplayed that I cant stick a single letter to him aside from T.

Chris is just a hollow retard/fat joke. Probably an SFP

once again family guy sucks everyone go away.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Once again too poorly written. Brian only serves the purpose of spouting left wing tripe and on rare occasions being the voice of reason(this was in the early seasons and was quickly abandonded in favor of him being a 2-d self insert political moutpiece)

Stewies character is so inconsistant and overplayed that I cant stick a single letter to him aside from T.

Wow. What did Family Guy ever do to you!?\

Ok, if Brian isn't an INTP, what type would you argue him?

Stewie is an NTJ. A natural schemer with ideas and plans that would blow your pants off. He follows through, too.

Chris is an SFP.

Do you not like Family Guy for the sole reason of not trying to be like everybody else?

By the way, the characters are not poorly written. Sure, there may have been some character changes and adaptations through the seasons, but other than that, the character development is pretty clear in my opinion, and I do watch it a lot. If you don't like it, you probably do not watch it. If you do not watch it, why do you have such a closed mind about it when you probably haven't gotten to understand it too well? It's just a question..

Lithium Onyx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

Well...

I see a lot of truth to this, although I probably would not word it this way. I'm not a great fanatic of FG, but when one grows up with people who watch the show religiously, trying to avoid it is a fruitless gesture.

I think of Brian as INFP, Stewie as some sort of NT, Peter as ENFP, Lois as ISTJ, Chris as an ESFP, and Meg, an ESFJ. I haven't read the other pages, but that's what it seems like to me.

Last edited:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Brian is clear INFP. He's the "moral" one.

Being moral doesn't always hint towards T or F. He's very stable and also very rational and looks to do the right things always. He doesn't have the F air about him either. You don't ever see any emotional side to him, he's just a really good guy.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

LOL hahaha. Stewie is so INTJ, it's frightening.

Brian's type...
let's see - he's an introvert. He's a thinker, those things I'm sure of. The other two are up in the air. I would lean towards the intuitive side, and the J/P still puzzles me.

I wouldn't say the characters are poorly written at all. I don't get why they are poorly written?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
These days I'm going with:

Peter ENFP (the entire show is one his Ne tangent based on his "REMEMBER THAT TIME SOMETHING TOTALLY UNRELATED HAPPENED??" rants. It's blatantly obvious he's an Ne dom; being a moron doesn't preclude him from N-ness.)

Lois ESFJ

Meg ISTJ

Chris ISFP

Brian INTP (too blunt and personally offended by poor logic to be INFP)

Stewie ENTP (I used to say ENTJ but somebody pointed out that he gets distracted fairly easily and doesn't take himself too seriously. I think he's very Ne, as are most of Seth MacFarlane's characters--since MacFarlane is obviously the biggest xNxP on the planet himself.)

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Peter ENFP (the entire show is one his Ne tangent based on his "REMEMBER THAT TIME SOMETHING TOTALLY UNRELATED HAPPENED??" rants. It's blatantly obvious he's an Ne dom; being a moron doesn't preclude him from N-ness.)

Yeah, but that's all stuff that actually happened. He's not being innovative or coming up with anything original.

And what OneWithSoul said about Brian is absolutely correct. I can't even see why anyone would think he's emotional as opposed to logical, over all the other possible differences in his personality.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
watch that episode i posted and tell me he's not INFP.

He's not feeling, he's being liberal. He's fighting to get what he strongly believes in. I don't necessarily agree with his politics and it looks like you probably don't, but that's what the episode is about. It's rather difficult to make a definite judgement about it with just one episode or comparing him to yourself- you may have been more passive about his situation or handled it differently.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
watch that episode i posted and tell me he's not INFP.

He is totally not an INFP. He is being liberal and FAIR not necessarily ethical. It's typical of NTs.

He didn't do it because he emotionally and compassionately felt it, he did it because it was the right thing and the fair thing to do. He was stern and protested and this is a common misconception with NFs.

Don't assume he's an INFP because of this.

I am pretty sure he's an INTP.

Plus, an INFP would have been too worried about hurting people along the way. No way is he an F.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
That's a weird P.O.V.

I don't care much for that stereotype of "artist." But I can definitely see how he's a feeler in many episodes.

Or, maybe it's perfectly normal and you're just weird? Just kidding. :devil:

D

Dali

Brian - (If he's an F, then I'm ENTJ) INTP
Stewie - eNTJ
Chris - 'Hollow'/immature ISFP
Meg - socially-inept ESFJ
Lois - xSFJ