• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
introverted feeling doesn't care at all about what other people feel (because that falls under the realm of external evidence, which would be an extroverted function's job)

ehhh...the one thing i care more then anything about is how people feel. the "doesn't care at all" is quite a jump. Fi doesn't mean that you don't care at all...more its how taht feeling is handled. if an Fe hurts someones feelings and realizes it, they well handle it in a much different way then an Fi dominant. BOTH however will feel bad and will care. they just handle it in different ways. i might be different from other XNFP's buttttttt I would doubt that highly. the problem with family guy is all the characters do things that are not neccessarily normal for certain types to do (or anyone for that matter)

it almost doesn't matter because his Ne runs so rampant -- there's almost no conscious filter on it

lol yaaaaa pretty much

i appriciate your opinion and quick answer :)

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
dissonance said:
lisa is INFJ, not ISFJ. Ni vision, not Si physical stability.

I agree with you there.
I was just under the impression that ENFJs and ESFJs would make a much bigger deal about being unpopular than an INFJ or ISFJ would..

redacted

ehhh...the one thing i care more then anything about is how people feel. the "doesn't care at all" is quite a jump. Fi doesn't mean that you don't care at all...more its how taht feeling is handled. if an Fe hurts someones feelings and realizes it, they well handle it in a much different way then an Fi dominant. BOTH however will feel bad and will care. they just handle it in different ways. i might be different from other XNFP's buttttttt I would doubt that highly. the problem with family guy is all the characters do things that are not neccessarily normal for certain types to do (or anyone for that matter)

i was talking about the abstract concept of Fi, not the interaction of functions in NFPs. in any real world situation (not family guy reality, lol), all four functions are being used and are passing information back and forth -- the empathy that FPs feel lies in Ne/Fi interaction. i find that unhealthy FPs are less empathetic than unhealthy FJs because it's slightly less direct. (many unhealthy FJs i know compromise their internal standard for the sake of social harmony -- myself included.)

an Fi person will feel empathetic if their projected internal morals are violated. but it's their OWN value system. Fes pick up value judgments from their current surroundings (not necessarily other people, but it has to be tangible evidence), and will feel empathy if those values are violated. so an Fi user without an outwardly applicable value set won't be empathetic. (the flipside for Fe users is that if their values aren't properly assessed internally, they'll be super hypocritical.)

i was thinking about peter in the last few hours, though, and (without being able to list any concrete reasoning) i'm starting to see ENTP more...

hmmm. i'll watch more episodes and post later.

I agree with you there.
I was just under the impression that ENFJs and ESFJs would make a much bigger deal about being unpopular than an INFJ or ISFJ would..

that's probably true for older IFJs, but younger ones seem more likely to seek social approval, as they don't necessarily have the ability to internally validate themselves.

younger EFJs would be worse, though...you're right.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ahhhhhh gotcha i see what your saying...sorry missed the point. ya good call, it was just worded weird. so ya your talking about the synthetic Fe created by Fi and Ne...ok ya...pardon the communication error

redacted

meh it was my bad. it's a common problem with INFJs -- Ni and Ti have to be translated through Fe :(

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think Se, being an extraverted perception function, will allow for a person to make a lot of random connections as well.

Anyone think he might be ESTP? He certainly doesn't have as developed of an Fi as Homer.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Family Guy MBTI

Sorry moderators, I'm too lazy to look for the other thread. :newwink:

For now, I'll just type the main family.

Artisans
Peter: ESFP
Meg: ISFP
Chris: ISTP

Guardians
NONE

Rationals
Stewie: ENTP

Idealists
Brian: ENFP
Lois: INFJ

redacted

My take:
Peter - ENFP
Stewie - ENTJ
Brian - INFP
Lois - ESFJ
Chris - ISFP
Meg - ISFJ
Quagmire - ESTP

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
My take:
Peter - ENFP
Thank you.
ENFPs are idiots too.
Stewie - ENTJ
He's got the drive, but he hasn't the focus.
I don't like J for him unless he's an introvert.
Intuition dominant Thinker.

Brian - INFP
Brian is weird, but probably. He's not even mistakable for anything but an IN_P though.
Lois - ESFJ
Chris - ISFP
Meg - ISFJ
Quagmire - ESTP
Yeap.
Also the wheelchair guy is ESTJ.
And Cleveland is ISFP.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Chris doesn't seem like a Feeler to me.
He's not very concerned with other people at all.
Not all Thinking types are smart.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
That's a good point.
It would also conflict nicely with the Evil Monkey- who seems like a conniving and scary ENTJ. :D

Stewie is an ENTP, not INTJ.
He's an 'evil genius' but he has a fun-loving side which is often not seen in the more rigid INTJ.
Stewie doesn't take himself as seriously as an evil INTJ (or even ENTJ) would..

I agree with you guys on Quagmire, Cleveland, and Joe Swanson.
I can see Brian as an INFP but I think he's an ambivert rather than a complete introvert.

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
Peter - ESFP

Chris - XSFP

Lois - EXFJ

Meg - ISFP

Brian - INTP

Stewie INTJ

Quagmire - ESTP

i'm quite confident about these.
Why has no one typed Brian as an INTP yet? He is nearly always typed that way, which i think is correct.

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
hmm here's what I think

Peter- ESFP
Lois-ENFJ
Stewie-ENTP
Meg-ISFJ
Chris-ISFP
Brian-INTP

other characters i'm not too sure about

redacted

a) Why does anyone think peter is an S? blatant Ne dom.
b) Brian is the most stereotypical INFP ever. He always makes moral stands, etc. Not an INTP by a longshot. I'll find an episode to link real quick... Episode 503 is a great example.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
a) Why does anyone think peter is an S? blatant Ne dom.
b) Brian is the most stereotypical INFP ever. He always makes moral stands, etc. Not an INTP by a longshot. I'll find an episode to link real quick... Episode 503 is a great example.
That would be Luke Skywalker.

What's Family Guy, some kind of docudrama?

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've never really seen Brian as one of my own, although he is definetely the character on Family Guy who I most identify with...

Any INTPs particularly identify with Brian? Or does everyone identify with him as "the voice of reason" on the show and the most sane one?