• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP, without a doubt...

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably INTP, but could be INFP or INFJ, though I still don't buy the whole strong political views =/= INTP thing. I also see some sort of type 5...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably INTP, but could be INFP or INFJ, though I still don't buy the whole strong political views =/= INTP thing. I also see some sort of type 5...

I don't buy it either. And let's also say that Brian since attended Brown U. therefore that also makes him an INTP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lois Griffin

I think she's ISFP 8w9 Sx/So, what do you think?

Lark

I like the episodes where she's like a ninja and karates everyone.

Although I liked it in the simpsons when marge took steroids and did the same.

Cartoon characters are cool when they kick ass. I was raised on Tom and Jerry yes.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could definitely see her as some sort of _S_P type 8... but maybe a wing 7 with that wild streak of hers ;)

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
She's not an 8. She's a 2 that disintegrates to 8. In every instance where Lois has gone insane, it's because she wasn't being appreciated enough (Christmas episode, karate episode, episode where she got fat, etc) not because of a power issue. Not only that, but Lois can also be very submissive, unlike Malcom's mom in Malcom in the Middle who was always on the offensive (perfect example of an 8 mom).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10500]Thunderbringer[/MENTION]
I think she's an 8 because if you look at her past, there is all this crazy stuff (like being a circus attraction). she strikes as the stereotypical "nurturing, sexual and calm but secretly a bad ass" 8w9 female. now that you mention 2 though, I could see this as well.

[MENTION=5857]LunaLuminosity[/MENTION]
I think she's more w9 because she controls her crazy, intense side most of the time and outwardly just wants harmony and acceptance like a 9.

I could see 8w9, 8w7, 2w1, 7w8 , 9w8 or 6w7 (pretty convinced of Sx/So though. she is totally sex drugs and rock n roll)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why do people always type him as EFP? he has no introverted feeling at all. he is a blatant ETP of some kind, I don't know if he's ESTP or ENTP

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=10500]Thunderbringer[/MENTION]
I think she's an 8 because if you look at her past, there is all this crazy stuff (like being a circus attraction). she strikes as the stereotypical "nurturing, sexual and calm but secretly a bad ass" 8w9 female. now that you mention 2 though, I could see this as well.

I think the whole circus thing was supposed to be a joke and not really meant to be taken seriously, like the time Peter provided heat to Lara Flynn Boyle by becoming her blanket. And 2's can also be nurturing and sexual in a "bad ass" way, though I don't get that vibe from her at all. Besides, like I said, Lois is much too submissive in many instances to be considered an 8. An 8w9, for example, would put their foot down if they're getting demeaned and ignored by their spouse, such as when Peter commands authority over her in front of the kids during the karate episode and shuts her down, or when she chose to binge on food to get back at Peter for ignoring her sexually instead of confronting him about the issue. Yeah. Definitely not something an 8 would do. She has a wild streak, yes, but that has to do more with her just letting loose and getting caught up in the moment rather than it being from a core motivation.

At the end of the day, Lois is too much of a caretaker to be an 8. She's not very ambitious and doesn't care about controlling others. She's perfectly content living her small little life taking care of her family, entertaining her neighbors, and occasionally, teaching kids how to play the piano.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the whole circus thing was supposed to be a joke and not really meant to be taken seriously, like the time Peter provided heat to Lara Flynn Boyle by becoming her blanket. And 2's can also be nurturing and sexual in a "bad ass" way, though I don't get that vibe from her at all. Besides, like I said, Lois is much too submissive in many instances to be considered an 8. An 8w9, for example, would put their foot down if they're getting demeaned and ignored by their spouse, such as when Peter commands authority over her in front of the kids during the karate episode and shuts her down, or when she chose to binge on food to get back at Peter for ignoring her sexually instead of confronting him about the issue. Yeah. Definitely not something an 8 would do. She has a wild streak, yes, but that has to do more with her just letting loose and getting caught up in the moment rather than it being from a core motivation.

At the end of the day, Lois is too much of a caretaker to be an 8. She's not very ambitious and doesn't care about controlling others. She's perfectly content living her small little life taking care of her family, entertaining her neighbors, and occasionally, teaching kids how to play the piano.

how about 9w8?

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Lois isn't as passive as a 9. If anyone she cares about is in trouble, she isn't afraid or hesitant to get her hands dirty trying to help them. She also thinks she knows what's best for everyone and will manipulate them into doing what she wants, such as in the episode when she and Bonnie went to France. Lois also nags and complains a lot about not being appreciated, like I mentioned earlier. In the episode where Chris and Meg swapped places with Peter and Lois, Meg alludes to the fact that Lois spends all her time cooking and cleaning and acting like a martyr for doing so, which is something a 2 does, not a 9.

redacted

Eeew I hate reading my old posts. That being said, I still think ENFP. I see almost no signs of Ti, and although there isn't much judgment in general, I see him as personal-cause driven more than internal-logic driven.

(Brain might be INTP, though)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
And Brian is strangely attractive...for a dog.

WTF :horor:

In 2008 I said I thought Brian the dog from Family Guy was "strangely attractive"? OMG. Did that comment not seem odd to anyone else perusing the thread? You should have used the :Crazy: emoticon.

:shudder: What a difference a few years make.

I'm thinking now I meant his voice...

Even if he were a human character on a sitcom, not attractive at all. :shudder:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
WTF :horor:

In 2008 I said I thought Brian the dog from Family Guy was "strangely attractive"? OMG. Did that comment not seem odd to anyone else perusing the thread? You should have used the :Crazy: emoticon.

:shudder: What a difference a few years make.

I'm thinking now I meant his voice...

Even if he were a human character on a sitcom, not attractive at all. :shudder:

(laughs my head off!!!!!!!)
hahaahahahahahahahahahaha.

(reads it again and laughs like it is a brand new joke.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Peter is a total ENFP. (And a really good example of a stupid one.)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
why do people always type him as EFP? he has no introverted feeling at all. he is a blatant ETP of some kind, I don't know if he's ESTP or ENTP

Yeah. What with all his Ti and such....