• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yup thats how he changed.

Cleveland's ESFP with more developed Te than most, especially when it comes to his son.

I think he was more understated on Family Guy- as you said it's almost like he went from I to E, but still SFP at the core.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Cleveland's ESFP with more developed Te than most, especially when it comes to his son.

I think he was more understated on Family Guy- as you said it's almost like he went from I to E, but still SFP at the core.

Yes from I to E. Also seems more Jish. May still be on the P side of the boarder but seemed a much more pronounced P on FG. A Fi/Fe incongruity. Have not noticed such an inconsistent character since Heroes. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_nM4_gpYIghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_nM4_gpYIg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Peter: ESTP 7w8 so/sp
Lois: ISFP 8w7 or 7w8 sp/sx
Meg: ESFJ 2w3 so/sx
Chris: ISFP 9w8, 6w5 or 6w7 sp/so
Stewie: INTJ 8w7 sp/sx
Brian: INFJ 5w4 sx/sp

Quagmire: ENTP 7w6 sp/so
Joe: ESTJ 6w7 so/sp
Cleveland: ISFP 6w5 or 9w8 sx/so
Lois's Dad: ENTJ 3w4 sp/so
The Mayor: ESTP 3w2 so/sp
Consuela: ISTP 8w7 sp/sx

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Peter: ENFP
Lois: ISFJ
Brian: INFP
Quagmire: ESTP

Stewie is either INTJ or ESFP depending on wich season your watching. Cleveland is not a SX first, probably SX last.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Peter: ENFP
Lois: ISFJ
Brian: INFP

Stewie is either INTJ or ESFP depending on wich season your watching. Cleveland is not a SX first, probably SX last.

agreed
Quagmire
Cleveland
(possibly) Brian

disagreed
Lois: she's far to unconventional and irreverent to be an ISFJ. she's meek and kind on the outside but has a hidden crazy side. this combination is very ISFP
Peter: it's not impossible lol but he strikes me as much more Se/Ti than Ne/Fi

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure of Peter, as he goes from a somewhat typical buffon Dad with a good heart to a very childish and immature person through-out the series (although this character development (yes I'm calling it that) makes him much more funny :laugh:). Although he seems to volatile, crazy, and possibility driven much like an Ne dom would be.

Brain, in the first seasons is an INTP 'I'm the aloof observer dude'. But by later seasons I'm more inclined to think that he's actually INFP or ENFP. He clearly demonstrates a lot of Fi (he thinks jailing pot smokers is wrong, think that un-liberal societal values are bad, etc.). But he also seem somewhat extraverted, he clearly dates often and seems to adept well at social locations like clubs or whatnot. Or he could just be an outgoing INFP :thinking: Or in fact, whatever Seth MacFarlane's type is since Brian basically is Seth MacFarlane.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure of Peter, as he goes from a somewhat typical buffon Dad with a good heart to a very childish and immature person through-out the series (although this character development (yes I'm calling it that) makes him much more funny :laugh:). Although he seems to volatile, crazy, and possibility driven much like an Ne dom would be.

Brain, in the first seasons is an INTP 'I'm the aloof observer dude'. But by later seasons I'm more inclined to think that he's actually INFP or ENFP. He clearly demonstrates a lot of Fi (he thinks jailing pot smokers is wrong, think that un-liberal societal values are bad, etc.). But he also seem somewhat extraverted, he clearly dates often and seems to adept well at social locations like clubs or whatnot. Or he could just be an outgoing INFP :thinking: Or in fact, whatever Seth MacFarlane's type is since Brian basically is Seth MacFarlane.

I thought Seth MacFarlane was an ENTP 7w6 or 7w8 (he doesn't seem like brian at all). I'm inclined to think Brian is INFJ or INFP

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
I thought Seth MacFarlane was an ENTP 7w6 or 7w8 (he doesn't seem like brian at all). I'm inclined to think Brian is INFJ or INFP

Seth could be ENTP. I thought that Brian might be an extension of Seth because Seth uses his real voice for Brian and tends to use Brian as a mouth peice for his own liberal views. Then again I don't really now Seth that well, and I think Brian's type does shift throught the show.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Actually, INFJ makes sense for Brian... I don't know if that's MacFarlane's type, however. The whole thing is one big Ne mess of a show.

A

Anew Leaf

I think Seth MacFarlane is an ENTP. (I have a huge secret crush on him.) I don't know if it's a sampling error, but almost all ENTPs I have met either can or "think" they can do voices and imitations.

Stewie is some kind of NTJ... I wonder if he's ENTJ since he wants to actually rule the world versus sitting behind the scenes and pulling the puppet strings.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Seth MacFarlane is an ENTP. (I have a huge secret crush on him.) I don't know if it's a sampling error, but almost all ENTPs I have met either can or "think" they can do voices and imitations.

Stewie is some kind of NTJ... I wonder if he's ENTJ since he wants to actually rule the world versus sitting behind the scenes and pulling the puppet strings.

no, that's just because he's an 8w7. my best friend is the same type as Stewie (INTJ 8w7 sp/sx) and he was exactly like him as a kid (I'm being totally serious. everything from the way he talks to wanting to kill his mother to the kinds of plans he makes)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Peter: ENFP (At least in the earlier episodes, he kind of loses a personality in some of the later stuff. Peter lacks Ti and almost completely lacks a judging function, leaving him most of the time in his extraverted intuitive fantasies and tangents in a chaotic and not-too-bright way)
Lois: some sort of SJ, possibly ISFJ
Meg: no clue actually, will go with ESFJ
Chris: ISFP
Stewie: clear INTJ early in the show, shifts around a lot later, but perhaps stabilizes to ENTJ
Brian: INTP (or possibly INFx)
Joe: ESTJ

About Seth MacFarlane and Brian, it does seem like Brian is like an introverted projection of Seth (and he's probably ENTP).

So what type is that mayor anyway? And that angry chicken? So many questions still ;)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think the mayor is an ESTP, he's far too delusional. My best guess is a wacko ENFJ.

Also, all of Brian's values seem too morally grounded for me to suspect he's a Ti user, and when the Democratic Party won the election he changed his political views to republican just to able to fight the establishment (even though he was always liberal at heart). I think that points to Fi.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think the mayor is an ESTP, he's far too delusional. My best guess is a wacko ENFJ.

Also, all of Brian's values seem too morally grounded for me to suspect he's a Ti user, and when the Democratic Party won the election he changed his political views to republican just to able to fight the establishment (even though he was always liberal at heart). I think that points to Fi.

I think it points to 5w4 or 4w5 more than Fi (his drinking problem leads me to think his stress is 7 as opposed to 2, so I'm leaning 5w4)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright. But I can't see any Ni/Fe in him. He has no vision and is not ambitious whatsoever. He's been writing on his novel for years, he didn't finish college, he's never really attempted to accomplish anything. And I think he's a four, because I can't see any hoarding of information. What I can see is him trying to project a persona (Quagmire calls his bluff):

[YOUTUBE="BdbnssEZ_Xk"]Quagmire hates Brian[/YOUTUBE]

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Brian of Family Guy

Any thoughts about the type of a talking cartoon dog? INTP or INFP?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Slight lean towards INTP, but you guessed the top two for me.

He's interesting, because its as if nobody believes an INFP can sound as intellectual as he does. But Brian is a liberal pundit, although in an armchair sort of way, so he has a love of social causes.

Quagmire, the sex freak of the series, is kind of like Brian's intellectual opposite. Quagmire works at a soup kitchen on his days off as an airline pilot. Brian talks the talk, Quagmire walks the walk.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could also see him as an INFJ, but IN?P is probably more likely. my best guess is INTP 4w3 Sx/Sp