• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Family Guy

What is Brian's MBTI?

• INTP

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Some Other Type

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
It is obvious that family guy guilty of plagiarism. But no way the characters in family guy reflect the characters of Simpsons.

Peter - His dominant Ne is obvious. You have to have Ne to be that crazy.
Lois - ESTJ (She is no Fe ate all)

Uh... if Lois was ESTJ, you think that Peter would get away with half the things that he does?

Anyway I probably already mentioned this but:

Peter - ENFP
Lois - ESFJ
Meg - ISFJ
Chris - ISFP
Brian - INTP
Stewie - INTJ

Those are obvious to me, except for Lois, who is a little harder to type (was stuck between ENFJ and ESFJ for her).

The other characters:

Quagmire: ESTP
Cleveland: ISFJ
Joe: ISTJ
Bonnie: ISFP
Tom Tucker: ENTP
Mr. Pewterschmidt: INTJ
Mr. Griffin (Peter's dad): ESTJ

Stewie is definitely a Ti user.

not at all, NiTe pretty much sums him up perfectly.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
not at all, NiTe pretty much sums him up perfectly.

No, because Stewie talks to himself and analyze outcomes, which is the characteristics of a Ti user.

Peter is definitely not a ENFP. He is either a really retarded ENTP or ESTP.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Proof Stewie is not INTJ

[YOUTUBE="5Q1OJAZ7uqk"]Stewie[/YOUTUBE]

R

Riva

No, because Stewie talks to himself and analyze outcomes, which is the characteristics of a Ti user.

Peter is definitely not a ENFP. He is either a really retarded ENTP or ESTP.

I have seen one of my INTJ friends talking to himself on countless amounts of times. In fact most of our conversations are based on him talking to himself and analyzing outcomes and asking the opinion from a not-so-interested-friend.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Lois-- ENFJ
Stewie-- ENTP
Brian-- INTJ, maybe INTP
Chris-- ISFP
Meg--ISTJ
Peter-- ENFP

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lois-- ENFJ
Stewie-- ENTP
Brian-- INTJ, maybe INTP
Chris-- ISFP
Meg--ISTJ
Peter-- ENFP

Agreed with the exception of Lois, who I think is ESFJ. Where do you get Ni?

Also, Brian is INTP.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Peter-ESFP... who can possibly argue with that
Lois-ESFJ could be T though... She's pretty bossy and commanding
Brian-INTP
Chris-ISFP
Meg-ISFJ for sure... met them many times... Meg who?
Stewie- INTJ at the beginning but seems more like an ENTP or maybe J lately...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Peter-ESFP... who can possibly argue with that
Lois-ESFJ could be T though... She's pretty bossy and commanding
Brian-INTP
Chris-ISFP
Meg-ISFJ for sure... met them many times... Meg who?
Stewie- INTJ at the beginning but seems more like an ENTP or maybe J lately...

Peter is a clear ENFP. Every episode is nonstop Ne with him. "Hey remember that time this irrelevant thing happened? That reminds me of this other time THIS irrelevant thing happened, which is similar to this other irrelevant story..."

It's just incredibly Ne, all the time. Why do you assume he's an S? Because he's an idiot? :nono:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Agreed with this. Peter must definitely be an ENFP.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sweet, I love it when Japanese chicks agree with me

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Peter- ENFP
Louis- ENFJ
Stewie- INTJ
Brian- INTP
Chris- ISFJ

You can see the obvious inter-type tension between Brian and Stewie the entire show.

Yup, it's just INTP/ENTP intertype tension...no INTJ involvement.

Where are you people getting INTJ for Stewie? Building crazy inventions and making up evil plots doesn't mean he has to be INTJ. He's constantly getting distracted by amusing side interests, he rarely actually finishes any of his evil plans/inventions before moving on to new ones, and he's waaaay more sociable and outgoing than any INTJ I've ever met.

Anyone who's ever witnessed a close INTP+ENTP friendship in real life should recognize the same dynamic between Brian and Stewie.

Anastar

Stewie is the classic ENTP inventor that has Ne-oriented crazy schemes.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lois: ENFJ
(i dont think shes a good example of ENFJ...but she just seems more IN-CHARGE than an ESFJ)

ESFJs are very in charge when it comes to their private familial and social obligations...especially if they don't think anyone else is competent enough to make sure things go as planned. And when it comes to the Griffin family, you can't blame Lois for thinking that's the case.

I don't really see Ni. ENFJs tend to project their Fe toward broad-reaching social causes that affect humanity on a larger scale, while ESFJs pay more intensive attention to their own personal friends and families. Lois seems to fit the latter category quite aptly.

Stewie is the classic ENTP inventor that has Ne-oriented crazy schemes.

Yessir!

Lois - ESTJ (She is no Fe ate all)

Uhh...where do you get Te from? She's constantly concerned with her social image, upholding familial obligations and setting aside her own feelings in favor of what's best for the group. Not that ESTJs never do these things, it's just that Lois approaches them from a pretty typical Fe standpoint. If she's made up her mind that something is out of sync with the values that are important to her family/community, it doesn't matter whether or not "it works"; she's going to protest. Her loyalties are more personally than institutionally oriented. She's the classic Fe matriarch.

Where is Te?

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Peter is a clear ENFP. Every episode is nonstop Ne with him. "Hey remember that time this irrelevant thing happened? That reminds me of this other time THIS irrelevant thing happened, which is similar to this other irrelevant story..."

It's just incredibly Ne, all the time. Why do you assume he's an S? Because he's an idiot? :nono:

ENFP's don't even do that. He's just telling stories, not living in the past/future or anything. Also, everything he talks about is humorous and almost always based on something he's done.

He's an ESFP because he's impulsive, in the moment, a joker, everyone has to like him, and he has to be the center of attention.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP's don't even do that. He's just telling stories, not living in the past/future or anything. Also, everything he talks about is humorous and almost always based on something he's done.

He's an ESFP because he's impulsive, in the moment, a joker, everyone has to like him, and he has to be the center of attention.

fail

"Impulsive", "in the moment", "joker", "everyone has to like him" and "he has to be the center of attention" are all very typical for all four E__P types, and especially E_FP. None of these points to Se over Ne in any way.

There is, however, quite a lot of evidence for Peter's dominant Ne. If you intend to argue for ESFP, you need to explain what you think he does that's indicative of Se, not just list a bunch of typical E__P traits.

Peter constantly lives in a fantasy world. He's so ENFP it's not even funny.

And seriously? You're claiming that ENFPs don't jump from topic to topic relating everything in the current context to other unrelated contexts that the current one reminds them of? This is prototypical Ne dominant behavior. Claiming that ENFPs don't do it is like saying ISTJs don't like being prepared. :doh:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is prototypical Ne dominant behavior. Claiming that ENFPs don't do it is like saying ISTJs don't like being prepared. :doh:

See this is essentially why we disagree on everything sim. Si, from my research (;) ) is simply about latching on to a paradigm. That is all.

If Si people lived in a world where being prepared was non-reinforced, uncool and un-respected, then Si people would be less organized. This is exactly what older Si people comment on the younger Si's today. Im not about to go on a teasure hunt, but even older Si people on here have commented on how the younger Si's differ.

Si of old had a lot of preparedness involved because that was the paradigm. Seriously, talking to your grandparents and its obvious that yesteryear was a preparedness culture. Everyone was expected to have slacks for xyz event, jeans maybe if you did ytf, more casual slacks for fdsd and etc etc... People took god damn forever to pack and plan out what was appropriate. Today, its probably a lot easier to be an SJ, because the the preparedness expected of people is so much less. You could just pack a pair of jeans and no one would care....

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Si, as I understand it, is more about wanting to relate new information to other information that's already known and understood from past experience...to find its place on an "internal map" in relation to what's already known.

Combined with Te's penchant for sequential planning and preparation, it's pretty obvious ISTJs in general prefer being prepared.

That said, you're right that there's a difference between older and younger SJs, but as far as I can tell it's related mostly to traditionalism. In the older generations, information wasn't so readily available, so often the only known information was the family/religious/social tradition that had been passed down through generations, leading a lot of older SJs toward traditionalism because it was the only thing they knew.

Today you can gain an informational background on lots of things before attempting to do them, just by looking them up on the internet. I agree that it's much easier to be an SJ now, but SJs don't value preparedness any less than they used to...they're just no longer staunchly traditionalist. They still very much like to have stored information on something ahead of time so that they can relate new information to what's already known.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP

YES, exactly!